Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 01:11 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,742,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
So my question is this--should we then not desire peace in the middle east? I certainly want our troops outta there...should I wish for it all to get worse?
I know this isnt directed exactly towards me..but I feel like of course we should want peace, but also know that IMHO that at some point in time its not gonna happen, Gods got his timetable of how things are gonna play out with the antichrist, endtimes, Middle-east, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 01:13 PM

and yea..I played charlie daniels alot.and the theme from the DUKES.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:24 PM

14,953 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Default Eschatology and Millennialism

Revelation promises a blessing to the reader.
Beyond that end times, baptism, tithing... round out the big three argumental topics, none of which is essential doctrine. However, I gotta tell ya..... Armageddon is a very cool place to see.

I can say one thing for certain... there are plans to build the "Temple" which is a precurser for end times. The plans (partial) exist and the Sanhedrin is back in business. When I was in Israel (no, I didn't see the actual plans) our guide said they are actively working on the plan. Seemed like common knowledge there.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:26 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,197,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
I know this isnt directed exactly towards me..but I feel like of course we should want peace, but also know that IMHO that at some point in time its not gonna happen, Gods got his timetable of how things are gonna play out with the antichrist, endtimes, Middle-east, etc.
But aren't we supposed to pray according to God's will? Obviously, if God has these things on His Cosmic Timetable then it's His will they occur...right?

P.S. Watched Dukes of Hazzard RELIGIOUSLY as boy. Why? Well, partly for Daisy Duke in retrospect, but also because of that awesome theme song! Thanks Waylon Jennings!

Just'a good ol' boys
Never meanin' no harm.
Beats all you never saw
Been in trouble with the law
Since the day they was born

Old 07-26-2007, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Revelation promises a blessing to the reader.
Beyond that end times, baptism, tithing... round out the big three argumental topics, none of which is essential doctrine. However, I gotta tell ya..... Armageddon is a very cool place to see.

I can say one thing for certain... there are plans to build the "Temple" which is a precurser for end times. The plans (partial) exist and the Sanhedrin is back in business. When I was in Israel (no, I didn't see the actual plans) our guide said they are actively working on the plan. Seemed like common knowledge there.
Well, that's scary. I have little kids and the End Times make me nervous if orthodoxy has that little section right.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
But aren't we supposed to pray according to God's will? Obviously, if God has these things on His Cosmic Timetable then it's His will they occur...right?

P.S. Watched Dukes of Hazzard RELIGIOUSLY as boy. Why? Well, partly for Daisy Duke in retrospect, but also because of that awesome theme song! Thanks Waylon Jennings!

Just'a good ol' boys
Never meanin' no harm.
Beats all you never saw
Been in trouble with the law
Since the day they was born
This may be where I differ from some on prayer, I dont pray..if it be thy will..on some things. But thats a diff thread....yes I agree, when God gets ready for it to happen, its gonna happen.

yes thanks Waylon, cause all we get to see is your hands and not your face on tv

Old 07-26-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
This may be where I differ from some on prayer, I dont pray..if it be thy will..on some things. But thats a diff thread....yes I agree, when God gets ready for it to happen, its gonna happen.

yes thanks Waylon, cause all we get to see is your hands and not your face on tv
Well buddy, my point is that even if we don't say the words "thy will be done" or "if it be your will" we are still told to pray according to God's will. So...same question! Should we pray for peace? Or desire it? I think we should, but according to the Bible, God's will is that peace will not be had.

Maybe it's that the Ultimate End will be peace, and we are to pray "Come quickly, Lord Jesus"?

Old 07-26-2007, 01:47 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,845,845 times
Anyone here familiar with Dubai, UAE in the Middle East? Does anyone else look at pictures of all the construction going on in Dubai, and get a weird sinking feeling about the "end times"???

Man-made island systems as large as cities being created in the gulf, one called "The World":

http://www.dubairental.net/images/palmislands.jpg (broken link)

And the Burj Dubai (which will be the new world's tallest) is the "temple":

dubai construction - Google Image Search

Especially with the hundreds of thousands of workers there, coming from all over the Middle East, that are reportedly treated like slaves.

I mean, it's like they are building 20 Las Vegas' all at once. The amount of wealth and extravagance makes me queasy. Would that make Sheikh Mohammed, Crown Prince of Dubai, the (youknowwhat)? (UAE is a monarchy)

I know, I'm a nutball.

Last edited by magellan; 07-26-2007 at 01:57 PM..

Old 07-26-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Anyone here familiar with Dubai, UAE in the Middle East? Does anyone else look at pictures of all the construction going on in Dubai, and get a weird sinking feeling about the "end times"???

And the Burj Dubai (which will be the new world's tallest) is the "temple":

dubai construction - Google Image Search

Especially with the hundreds of thousands of workers there, coming from all over the Middle East, that are reportedly treated like slaves.

I mean, it's like they are building 20 Las Vegas' all at once. The amount of wealth and extravagance makes me queasy. Would that make Sheikh Mohammed, Crown Prince of Dubai, the (youknowwhat)? (UAE is a monarchy)

I know, I'm a nutball.
I actually had a job offer from Dubai, last year. Its the ultimate Sin city, according to some.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:53 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
Let's think about this and argue about it a moment. Just let's suppose that the Antichrist is not a person but a Movement led by people dedicated to a certain ideal. A Personification, not a Person.

Let's call that Movement "Patriotism" or "National Pride." Do you think that maybe the world as we now know it could be destroyed because that group of people thought that their way of doing things was the best? Would it be possible that it would bring famine, disease, and all those other things until the Christ came?

Just wondering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality