Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:17 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times

Advertisements

Jazzedforhim wrote:
Quote:
Also...the Antichrist is not Satan.
How would you describe the antichrist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 07:18 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Default Has someone been reading Nietzsche?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
does satan have to play by God's rules? Why would satan allow his antichrist son to be born at a predicted time described in the Bible?
Personally, I just don't get it. If satan had to play by god's rules, wouldn't that imply an awfully disempowered satan? It would already have set the stage for one side already knowing who was going to win the "battle" based on your analogy...Not exactly a very even "playing field." (But for believers, is that the point? --I honestly don't know.)

Montana, you are so Dionysian! xo

Old 07-26-2007, 08:33 PM

345 posts, read 203,583 times
Those of you that have read the antics of Kaintuck. Just some thoughts here. As a younger man I was and still am involved in the quest for knowledge of the unknown. Having that desire i have often sought the wisdom of the Bible, not the least of all of the brilliant writings of man. I am skeptical more of the old testament writings than of the new. As my religion professor spoke of in college religion courses, the last covenant with man is the covenant of Jesus Christ. That basic covenant is as follows, the bible in a nutshell is do unto others as you would have them do unto you. This is really not a hard one to follow for most people I have ever met. Secondly, believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God. Therin lies the leap.
Having set it up thusly, quickly turn to the book of Revelation.

The description of Mystery Babylon as described in Revelation can only pertain to one nation of modern times, hate to tell you folks but that nation is the USA. Read the description and if in doubt, read it again.

Now if any of you have read any of my posts relative to my respect and admiration for the USA, you know I am not being critical of the USA in this statement. I do believe that the good that is America is the greatest good of all time. I also believe that the evil that is America is among, the greatest evil of all time.
-The power to extend life ,coexists with abortion.
-The power to heal disease, coexists with global biological annihalation.
-The greatest wealth of all time, coexists with poverty.
-The greatest knowledge of all time, coexists with extreme ignorance.
-The greatest piety of all time, coexists with dark athiesm.
-The most benevolent presence of all time coexists with the darkest evil acts of all time.
With your contribution, I could continue with many contrasts.

The antichrist, if such a creature should arise, may be man or woman, may be from east or west. The harlot, the woman that sits upon many waters, and derives her power from the beast.
Read Chapter 17, this chapter suggests that a man, you or me, may have the wisdom to discern the riddle of the antichrist. If you get it, by all means let me know.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:53 AM

562 posts, read 660,145 times
I started out with my mother trying to raise me Catholic, til my father put a stop to it and said I could choose my own ways of thinking. So along those lines of being free to choose I had studied many different versions of Christianity, and several other religions before deciding on being a witch. Now on to the subject of the 'Anti-Christ', I think the name itself tells us that it IS anti- . Is it a Man, or is it a Movement??? Is the anti-Christ 'born' at a particular time when humans start to move away from the Christian religion? It's a good topic to make people think

Old 07-31-2007, 08:37 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
My understanding from Revelations is that the Antichrist (Beast Power) IS the devil (described in particular form); and that the "false prophet" is his henchman (human) doing untold evil upon man and the earth.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:15 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
I find the concept of the coming of the Anti-christ very interesting. Why? Because it seems to me that if anything in the Bible is true this is the only chance in my life that I may actually have proof the Bible is real. Unfortunately, from the looks of things, it doesn't appear the Middle East is going to bend over backwards for peace with Israel any time soon. Just a wild hunch, but it doesn't look very promising right now. Besides, Dubya is doing more to hurt the process than help it so as much as I'd like to call him the AC I just don't have the evidence! Darn!

Old 07-31-2007, 10:23 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Personally, I just don't get it. If satan had to play by god's rules, wouldn't that imply an awfully disempowered satan? It would already have set the stage for one side already knowing who was going to win the "battle" based on your analogy...Not exactly a very even "playing field." (But for believers, is that the point? --I honestly don't know.)

Montana, you are so Dionysian! xo
Yes June, for believers that is the point. God is victorious over Mr. S.A.Tan.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:41 PM

345 posts, read 203,583 times
It makes sense to me that if Revelation is truly the word of God and is an obscure prediction of the final turn of man that it would be first and foremost written for the generation that would recognize and understand it's symbolism. I for one, tried to understand 30 years ago the meaning and came up with just about zilch. Today however with technological advances some of the symbolism seems more real. For instance 30 years ago when I looked at the concept of boils and skin conditions affecting masses, my thoughts turned to supernaturalism. Today, by comparison, that is as easy as opening up a lab door and laying down a thread of smallpox. Think about it!

Old 01-21-2008, 12:43 PM

54 posts, read 333,469 times
good
end of time ????????i dont know

Old 01-16-2009, 10:28 AM

12 posts, read 15,325 times
Herod was the 'antichrist' or antipater. The father of the Herodian dynasty was Antipater. His name in Greek literally means 'like the father.' The Greek word 'anti' does not have the same meaning as modern English, resulting in many spurious teachings that have caused confusion in the body of Christ. Herod The Great was an Edomite (from Esau, the hated one) and was forbidden by law to be King of the Jews.
However, he was promoted to that position and proclaimed deity. He was a most evil tryant. (recommended reading: History of the Jewish People - The Second Temple Era)

concerning the temple: Haggai:15-19 "Give careful thought to this from this day on---...from this day on, from this 24th day of December, give careful thought to the day when the foundation of the Lord's temple was laid....Give careful thought......
1. The house of G d is not made of cedar - man did that. II Sam 7: 5-7
2. The house of G d would come from David's own body. II Sam 7: 11-12
3. Jesus was and is the house of G d. II SAm 7:13; John 2:19-21; Heb 9:11
4. you are G d's temple: Acts 17: 24; 1 Co 3:16; 6:19; 2 Co 6:16

(December 24, Jewish calender; December 25 modern calender, Jesus of Nazareth, the cornerstone of the temple of G d was born).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality