Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 08:36 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
Everything is able to be rebuilt, surely. Just look at Jesus, they tore him down and then in three days he rebuilt himself. Just like he said he would. If it can be done with the human body I am certain it can be done with bricks and mortar.

Anyway, thanks for the response.
How can anyone actually believe this nonsense...That is what I can't understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 09:11 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How can anyone actually believe this nonsense...That is what I can't understand.
The connection to reality has long ago been severed

Old 08-09-2010, 09:50 AM

454 posts, read 498,709 times
Quote:
I assume that you don't believe that a creator can restore his creation. Why don't you think it is possible for a creator to restore his creation?

Old 08-09-2010, 09:50 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Everything is able to be rebuilt, surely. Just look at Jesus, they tore him down and then in three days he rebuilt himself. Just like he said he would. If it can be done with the human body I am certain it can be done with bricks and mortar.

Anyway, thanks for the response.
Mods...I do apologise for being off topic but just this indulgence please.

The point of the prophecy is that Tyre would never be rebuilt. It would cease to exist and would become a bare place for the spreading of nets.

Tyre never ceased to exist. The Gospel - writers mentioned it as place to go to, it was known to historians and early churchmen as a rich place significant in trade and worth attacking by the arabs in the days of the muslim expansion. It never fulfilled the prophecy of total destruction.

Neither did Babylon. It was quite intact when the Persians took it over and Alexander feasted in the palace there while sacrifices to Marduk were still being made on the Bab -il ziggurat. That continued until Parthian times.

Babylon never fulfilled Biblical prophecy of total destruction either.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:51 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
I assume that you don't believe that a creator can restore his creation. Why don't you think it is possible for a creator to restore his creation?
There is no creator...Simple as that.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:55 AM

454 posts, read 498,709 times
Quote:
There is no creator...Simple as that.
I reckon that a creation having a creator is a fairly simple reality.

I suppose Evolutionary molecular physicist theologists would probably disagree though. That's cool.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:18 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
I reckon that a creation having a creator is a fairly simple reality.

I suppose Evolutionary molecular physicist theologists would probably disagree though. That's cool.
They would..if there was any such thing as 'Evolutionary molecular physicist theologists'.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:47 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Mods...I do apologise for being off topic but just this indulgence please.

The point of the prophecy is that Tyre would never be rebuilt. It would cease to exist and would become a bare place for the spreading of nets.

Tyre never ceased to exist. The Gospel - writers mentioned it as place to go to, it was known to historians and early churchmen as a rich place significant in trade and worth attacking by the arabs in the days of the muslim expansion. It never fulfilled the prophecy of total destruction.

Neither did Babylon. It was quite intact when the Persians took it over and Alexander feasted in the palace there while sacrifices to Marduk were still being made on the Bab -il ziggurat. That continued until Parthian times.

Babylon never fulfilled Biblical prophecy of total destruction either.
According to the Bible, both Jesus and Paul stayed in Tyre. So much for the bare rock.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:07 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time
yea, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:58 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post
This has happened many times before and soon one of these crazies will get a hit and claim that they are true prophets/fortune teller.

What usually happens when they are wrong is they will come up with amazing excuses as to why it didn't happen.

The Prophet did so in the early 1800s and helped his brother Tecumseh stir up an anti-American Pan-Indian movement to aid the British in the War of 1812. Although he was really vague saying he'd stomp his feet or some such, and he predicted an eclipse too but the British told him when there'd be an eclipse so it's somewhat unimpressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality