Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 03:05 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
That's right Tk...if we as Americans and especially Christian and Jews resort to fear and hate we are doing exactly what Al Qaeda wants!
Two wrongs do not make a right. Its painfully obvious that these people in 3rd world countries are paralyzed by fear, and the threat of torture and death if they do not go along with what these radical Killers are teaching them or brainwashing into them, and imagine growing up dirt poor, being a kid that has no sense of the real world and you only know what these "religious leaders" are shoving down your throat.
This is why terrorists blow up schools, they do not want kids to learn and become knowledgeable and have their own minds. I feel very sorry for those people who have no choice and are stuck in that suck fest of a life-and I feel sorry for others (especially if they are Christian) who cannot understand this.
What I was saying was those who ARE tolerant aren't going to be heard from, they won't make the news. They exist, and they can certainly be the majority, but they're never going to be heard from with the radicals grabbing center stage.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:45 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,043,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
That's right Tk...if we as Americans and especially Christian and Jews resort to fear and hate we are doing exactly what Al Qaeda wants!
Two wrongs do not make a right. Its painfully obvious that these people in 3rd world countries are paralyzed by fear, and the threat of torture and death if they do not go along with what these radical Killers are teaching them or brainwashing into them, and imagine growing up dirt poor, being a kid that has no sense of the real world and you only know what these "religious leaders" are shoving down your throat.
This is why terrorists blow up schools, they do not want kids to learn and become knowledgeable and have their own minds. I feel very sorry for those people who have no choice and are stuck in that suck fest of a life-and I feel sorry for others (especially if they are Christian) who cannot understand this.

You have it right. In Muslim countries that are run by radical dictatorships there is not choice and to go against the status quo does put your life at risk.

We who have freedom, a constitution and can speak up without fear of death cannot understand and its really easy to oversimplify it.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:37 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Israelis buses have been safe from attacks since then. No more attacks.
Oh really? Do a little Google search and you'll find that statement is incorrect.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:25 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
People are dying becuase People are not doing what God asked...in the way God wants...
Charles Manson mentality, are you a Charles Manson follower?

Old 09-16-2010, 07:33 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning

Church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning | 6abc.com

This man is a nut...power hungry and has an agenda...which is going to get him more church money, more members...I cannot beleive the media is covering this....this is going to start a lot of bad things, not to mention, undo everything we've done in the middle east....plus, get our men killed...but, apparently, this extremist...is only concerned about his agenda and not human life....???? The media is coverning this, b/c they are liberal facisits...and all for socialization...people mistakenly mix up the word facisit with Hitler, however, Hitler killing the Jews had nothing to do with Facisium....

It's going to far, and I cannot believe once again, religion is going to get people killed....how are we any better then The Terrorists?

People are sick, sick, sick, and it's time that the Christian community come forth and denouce this act....I can't believe people are standing by and allowing this to happen? We haven't progressed, we've regressed....this act is primitive hype to start problems...and believe you me, if this man goes ahead with this, then every human being who is killed afterwards, he should be held accountable....he will undo everything our men died for in the middle east!
Because many if not most christians are sheep like and do whatever their priest/pastor/whatever tells them to do. Also, most christians do have a rational side too, and realize it is a free country to burn flags or burn korans.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:00 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
What I was saying was those who ARE tolerant aren't going to be heard from, they won't make the news. They exist, and they can certainly be the majority, but they're never going to be heard from with the radicals grabbing center stage.
Im not saying we should stand down...dont get me wrong...Im just saying theres no need to resort to the same type of antics that the some people in radically run countries do. We are educated and should know better than that.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:10 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Because many if not most christians are sheep like and do whatever their priest/pastor/whatever tells them to do. Also, most christians do have a rational side too, and realize it is a free country to burn flags or burn korans.
But do they every stop and think about the message? This is a blatant in your face expression of hatred. Kinda negates their crowing about this loving and caring god they 'say' they follow.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:08 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,405,706 times
Well, that is another world crisis that we got past, everyone blamed the proper villans and such........I wonder how many days before it is forgotten; already, and what is the next crisis and who can be blamed; there is always that george bush fella just for gps.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:05 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
Which act? I'm still trying to seriously figure out if 'The Last Exorcism' is biased against the act of the Mosque or for it. You see the exorcer sacrifices himself (by mistake).

Old 09-17-2010, 10:33 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
The act in the op never occurred and this thread has gone off topic many times and is now closed..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality