Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2010, 01:44 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,549,022 times

Advertisements

I'm not going to read all the way through this but I'll start with this.

As a Christian I'm getting more than a little bit tired of being told what my opinion is when the true fact is.....nobody has asked. Imagine what would happen if people actually asked what people's opinions are instead of filling in the blanks themselves.

Here is my opinion. This is a crazy man who's wild idea caught the media on a slow day. What should have been a back page blurp has turned into a three ring circus.

Anyone with a brain in their head should have seen through this guy from the beginning. Be they Muslim, Christian, Buddist, Jew or just fill in the blank. If they actually didn't then they should have after his "announcement" last night.

Why is anyone giving this man this much power? He's not worth my time nor my energy.

It's just a book...plain and simple...just like my well read Bible is just a book. Burning this book or my bible doesn't really mean anything. It doesn't change the things I believe nor should it change a Muslim's beliefs.

I feel it's disrepectful, dispicable and distasteful but if you need to blame someone for any potential fallout, but the blame where in belongs....on the media and the wackjobs that are reacting to it. Don't conveniently blame it on the Christians. That's a copout.

And guess what??? My Jewish brother agrees with me.

This is not a religious act....it's an attention getting gimmick.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:51 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,646,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
You'd better check your facts again because a lot of us Christians are denouncing this, and just because some Christians are not saying anything, you should not assume they are "affirming their agreement".
You got that right, Mike!
I saw on CNN a little bit ago now this so called pastor is trying to meet with the Iman who wants to build the Mosque near ground zero...
Now he is trying to perpetrate a man of peace? God help us !
He has two phones lines that have gone up for the Iman to try and reach him.....anyone happen to know either of those numbers?

Old 09-10-2010, 03:58 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,168,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post
This clown is liable to start another holy war. He's already got blood on his hands:

Protestor shot dead at Koran burning protest - Yahoo! News UK
What makes you think that this man burning his own property is responsible for anything ANYONE else does?

HE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR OTHER PEOPLES ACTIONS!

We do not have a responsibility to bend over backwards to people who believe that we don't have the right to be free.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:05 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,168,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
the imam that has not backed down is the whole reason this qu'anr burning thing has got going. don't forget that..

two wrongs dont make a right.

the link provides more proof the the islamic community in the middle east are a violent barbaric horde that only knows how to react with violent intent.. and over such a trivial act to boot

we all shall suffer the consequences of our own creation get ready for armageddon.. world war three might be just around the next bend.
It's unlikely islamic countries could start a world war, though if they got their hands on a nuke or two, they could do a lot of damage..

We can't let the knowledge form in the age of reason, fall into those who are stuck in the age of religion.

I think he should go ahead with the burning... the more these people tell us we can't do something, the more we should do it...

If I had it my way, there would be a picture of muhammad in every paper after the death treats to that cartoonist and now a koran burning in every country...
But I don't respond well to people trying to take away other peoples freedoms.. because I know those people are the ones who will eventually come knocking at my door trying to take my own from me.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:11 PM

28,961 posts, read 30,311,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
You got that right, Mike!
I saw on CNN a little bit ago now this so called pastor is trying to meet with the Iman who wants to build the Mosque near ground zero...
Now he is trying to perpetrate a man of peace? God help us !
He has two phones lines that have gone up for the Iman to try and reach him.....anyone happen to know either of those numbers?
If the stories are true? And none of us really know, however, I heard that there are other churches now going to do the same thing...I also heard that this man was denounced by another church....which he belonged to, stating he is an extremist and angers very quickly, if he is meeting with the Iman, I fear he will offend the man....however, there is also another point of view here...which must be taken into consideration....
excluding this paster's personality...I have to say after reading all your comments and giving it much thought, that we American's have bent and bent and bent to accomodate the beliefs of others to the extent that we allow other people from other countries and religious beliefs to dictate to us how we should think and feel, and there will come a time, when we say ENOUGH! And I fear that to is happening? And when I say fear, I mean that I fear this issue won't be settled without shedding blood...it's really really going to far and our leaders along with us have allowed it to get to this point....we allow anyone into this country...Moderator cut: delete.and I fear it will be the end days of whites....also, there are so so many people from other countries that want this land...and due to us being more laxed with our rules and laws....it's happening....

Just my thoughts...
Also, I would like to apologize to the Christains for the way I came on here all fired up...I was upset, and fear causes anyone to say things they don't mean....there are a lot of really good Christains out there....

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-11-2010 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: "end of the whites" is a racist remark

Old 09-10-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
It's unlikely islamic countries could start a world war, though if they got their hands on a nuke or two, they could do a lot of damage..

We can't let the knowledge form in the age of reason, fall into those who are stuck in the age of religion.

I think he should go ahead with the burning... the more these people tell us we can't do something, the more we should do it...

If I had it my way, there would be a picture of muhammad in every paper after the death treats to that cartoonist and now a koran burning in every country...
But I don't respond well to people trying to take away other peoples freedoms.. because I know those people are the ones who will eventually come knocking at my door trying to take my own from me.
well, yanno, what frightens me is the fact that the Muslims are not understanding are sensitivity to all of this...that to me raises a flag...and I've been told, I don't know how true this is, but apparently the Muslims have been told years ago, to start breeding a lot of kids and raising them Muslim, so that they can take over the world....

You see, Muslims are very patient....they are not impatient like American's are, they don't care about instant gratification, they are conditioned to believe to fight for something even if it takes 100 years, they will endure and keep passing on this belief and when a child is raised by parents who believe in killing and taking over well, no amount of knowledge or being in they're country is going to change that....they will inevidably take over...because we don't know how to be patient any more....we don't know how to fight for what we believe in as a team...we are a divided nation and hate rules us to...

Old 09-10-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I'm not going to read all the way through this but I'll start with this.

As a Christian I'm getting more than a little bit tired of being told what my opinion is when the true fact is.....nobody has asked. Imagine what would happen if people actually asked what people's opinions are instead of filling in the blanks themselves.

Here is my opinion. This is a crazy man who's wild idea caught the media on a slow day. What should have been a back page blurp has turned into a three ring circus.

Anyone with a brain in their head should have seen through this guy from the beginning. Be they Muslim, Christian, Buddist, Jew or just fill in the blank. If they actually didn't then they should have after his "announcement" last night.

Why is anyone giving this man this much power? He's not worth my time nor my energy.

It's just a book...plain and simple...just like my well read Bible is just a book. Burning this book or my bible doesn't really mean anything. It doesn't change the things I believe nor should it change a Muslim's beliefs.

I feel it's disrepectful, dispicable and distasteful but if you need to blame someone for any potential fallout, but the blame where in belongs....on the media and the wackjobs that are reacting to it. Don't conveniently blame it on the Christians. That's a copout.

And guess what??? My Jewish brother agrees with me.

This is not a religious act....it's an attention getting gimmick.
I agree with you Granny and I do apologize, I was wrong for doing so...upset and spouting out things that were wrong....

Old 09-10-2010, 04:38 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,984,532 times
I would prefer no one burns anything, but no one cares what I prefer.

These burnings have been on going a long time when it's the Bible.

I give you an example from 2007, and not USA media news.

Christians in Gaza Fear for Their Lives as Muslims Burn Bibles and Destroy Crosses
Christians in Gaza Fear for Their Lives as Muslims Burn Bibles and Destroy Crosses - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Old 09-10-2010, 05:22 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Moderator cut: deleted

These Muslims (here and now) have been burning churches, flags, bibles, crosses, and people, all over the damn world, for how long?

And this bozo with 50 followers gets international media attention and the scrutiny of every non-believer questioning christians and christianty and calling for christians to come out and condem this man.

This man does not represent but 50 people - not Americans, not Christianity, not the U.S. Governmnet and muslims use this as a reason to CONTINUE thier ALREADY HATEFUL attitude and actions towards the west and non-muslims - but it's the Christians who are questioned to the utmost degree.

It's surreal.

Why hasn't the media been trying to understand this mans frustation and reasons - why havn't they said that the muslims had it comin to them. I mean aren't these the same things they do when islam does some dumb antic not to mention crimes? It's all the victims falt. That was sarcasism for the stupid.

Oh yeah, non-muslims, Americans specifically, and the troops were ALREADY at RISK prior to this bozos antics. Grow some nuts people - they already hate you and wish you and your precious society and way of life and freedoms were obilterated.

Unbelievable - I need to watch something funny now - this is depressing.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-10-2010 at 09:30 PM..

Old 09-10-2010, 06:17 PM

126 posts, read 231,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
oh, so, it's ok to stand up for your opinion, if people are going to get killed b/c of your actions? Then how are you any better then the terrorists?

I agree with you, but this is not the way to do it....there are way to many muslims in this courtry who are terrorists...and that's no one's fault but our government....and those who think it's ok to allow anyone into this country....and don't get me wrong, there are really good muslims, however, I was asleep before 911....do you think really believe our borders are safe and secure, do you really believe they're not here in this country?
And I agree with you as well, but I would like to know how we can fix this when we are being bullied by radicals. Trust me when I say, I support the troops in more than just words. Why, when living in AZ would I ever think that our borders are secure. I told you that I don't agree with the means that he is doing this but he is obviously not smart enough to realize that our troops are in danger. The aman made it very clear on Larry King that it might cause problems with terror if we don't allow the mosque to be built as planned. That was ominous in inself. I am tired of the threats by these people. When is enough, enough with what is wrong here. They have increased our home grown terror alert and we are supposed to just let it all happen because we are increasing the threat to our people by speaking up. I really think burning the Koran is stupid but the radical muslims already hate america and burn our flag...turn the other cheek until we have sharia law here? Just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality