Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2010, 04:46 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,256,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Okay.

One issue I was wondering about a second ago that I hope is less insulting is where do you/they get the Qur'ans to burn them? It seems like if you are buying them it's plausible you are funding a Muslim group or at least aiding sales figures for copies of Qur'an. If you're just swiping them than that's theft. Or are they counting on people who wanted to read the Qur'an, so bought one long ago, but then decided they disliked it? And if that's the case could someone organize a mass burning of "The Celestine Prophecy" or some of Heinlein's final books
Little bit of irony there,isn't it

Old 09-10-2010, 09:35 AM

28,975 posts, read 30,351,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Okay.

One issue I was wondering about a second ago that I hope is less insulting is where do you/they get the Qur'ans to burn them? It seems like if you are buying them it's plausible you are funding a Muslim group or at least aiding sales figures for copies of Qur'an. If you're just swiping them than that's theft. Or are they counting on people who wanted to read the Qur'an, so bought one long ago, but then decided they disliked it? And if that's the case could someone organize a mass burning of "The Celestine Prophecy" or some of Heinlein's final books
to answer your question, my girlfriend always said, Extremists were dangerous...and they are....

this man is an extremists....he is not able to see past his own views like you have here, he is driven by several things....

1. He has to be right, no matter what anyone else says, and he proved that this morning on the news....
The media is now saying, he was contacted by the white house, and he was, and I'm certain they were not nearly as nice as the news media puts it....they strong armed him, and they had to, b/c he is putting the lives of our men in danger, however....he can't admit that to himself, because to him, being right is all that is important, at all costs....to him, admitting he is wrong would be the ultimate disgrace....he is no different then any other extremist...

2. to him getting all this attention is his drug, his power...apparently he is a strong attention seeker and will do anything to get it...

3. He is a bully

4. His religion, and again, I'm saying, HIS religion...to him is the all fired word of God, and he actually believes everyone else is wrong, wrong, wrong. He doesn't have the mental ability to allow others they're beliefs...and he is strong arming all those who disagree to agree by burning these books, or at least that is how he views it in his mind

so I ask you, how is he any different, from those who are building the mosque...there is no difference, he is using the same selfish tactics for a cause...

It isn't about the mosque, it's about the sensitivity of the matter, period....

which to continue to build this mosque, to me, is totally insensitive to the feelings of a great number of people....which now, to me, raises a whole lot of flags, why would you do that, if you know your hurting others? And they are hurting others, big time!!! Why would you do that if your not making a statement, and have other agendas?

Neither side is right....no matter how you slice the pie....

Old 09-10-2010, 09:44 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,767,096 times
Okay, it looks like he may not do it. I'm SO pi$$ed

Now I need to find other forms of entertainment for the weekend. Korean unemployment just went up, as American flag shipments to the Middle East just got canceled at the 11th hour LMAO

Old 09-10-2010, 09:47 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,545,927 times
of this i am certain, there is great concern in my country and even on CDF of antagonizing islam.Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-10-2010 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: Huck, this topic is hot enough without bringing the Popes in on it

Old 09-10-2010, 10:23 AM

28,975 posts, read 30,351,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
of this i am certain, there is great concern in my country and even on CDF of antagonizing islam.Moderator cut: off topic
Yes, there is, however, to bully people into fear is a religion all by itself....
very dangerous, and unjust....whenever you have to insult, or harm the feelings of others, or even hurt others to get them to reform, well, the spirit of the human being, is all so powerful...you may kill them, but you won't win in the end....b/c freedom is all so powerful....and you might, not you but in general, you might win for a while, but in the end, you will loose...b/c when you look at a battery, how would it work without both positive and negative...it just isn't that kind of world....negative alone, won't win...and man has both negative and positive in him, so, in the end, all things will be inialated and nobody win's really....you cannot make everyone think and feel as you do...it's just not the normal way of things...and all things adapt....however, in the end, the spirit of freedom rings loud and clear and men will die for it...regardless....

Old 09-10-2010, 10:39 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,900,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Some are, but the vast majority are not, thus affirming their agreement.
You'd better check your facts again because a lot of us Christians are denouncing this, and just because some Christians are not saying anything, you should not assume they are "affirming their agreement".

Old 09-10-2010, 10:57 AM

7,999 posts, read 12,297,909 times
Just a reminder, everyone:

Please stay on topic, pertaining to Qu'ran burning.

This is the OP, and what this thread should be addressing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee

Church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning

Church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning | 6abc.com

This man is a nut...power hungry and has an agenda...which is going to get him more church money, more members...I cannot beleive the media is covering this....this is going to start a lot of bad things, not to mention, undo everything we've done in the middle east....plus, get our men killed...but, apparently, this extremist...is only concerned about his agenda and not human life....???? The media is coverning this, b/c they are liberal facisits...and all for socialization...people mistakenly mix up the word facisit with Hitler, however, Hitler killing the Jews had nothing to do with Facisium....

It's going to far, and I cannot believe once again, religion is going to get people killed....how are we any better then The Terrorists?

People are sick, sick, sick, and it's time that the Christian community come forth and denouce this act....I can't believe people are standing by and allowing this to happen? We haven't progressed, we've regressed....this act is primitive hype to start problems...and believe you me, if this man goes ahead with this, then every human being who is killed afterwards, he should be held accountable....he will undo everything our men died for in the middle east!

Old 09-10-2010, 11:12 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,570,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post
I don't know if the Quran supports wars these days but I know the Holy Bible doesn't except one and that will be God's war and he is the only one that knows the day and hour of that.
Does it really matter what these books say, it is what followers 'believe' they say that is the problem.

And of course, ask 20 christians what the bible says and you will get 20 different versions.
Ask 20 muslims what the koran says, and I suspect you will also get 20 different versions.

IMO, burn them all and eliminate all of the confusions and interpretations, but don't burn them in hate, and that really slams the door of reason for 'the offended' follower, burn them in an attempt to enlighten.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:24 PM

465 posts, read 529,382 times
This clown is liable to start another holy war. He's already got blood on his hands:

Protestor shot dead at Koran burning protest - Yahoo! News UK

Old 09-10-2010, 01:17 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,751,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post
This clown is liable to start another holy war. He's already got blood on his hands:

Protestor shot dead at Koran burning protest - Yahoo! News UK

the imam that has not backed down is the whole reason this qu'anr burning thing has got going. don't forget that..

two wrongs dont make a right.

the link provides more proof the the islamic community in the middle east are a violent barbaric horde that only knows how to react with violent intent.. and over such a trivial act to boot

we all shall suffer the consequences of our own creation get ready for armageddon.. world war three might be just around the next bend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality