Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2010, 04:14 PM

13,774 posts, read 26,650,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Why aren't Christians coming out and denoucing this act?????

Christianity has a long history of hatred and intolerance, if you disbelieve this, just ask your locak K.K. Klan member, or your American Nazi Party- both of which are christian organizations.
The American Nazi Party was led by an agnostic for a time and Nazism included many non-Christians. I'm pretty sure I've told you this, and shown I'm right on this, to you before though. So you probably won't learn, but others might.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:17 PM

628 posts, read 1,939,296 times
What's this got to do with NoVA?

Old 09-09-2010, 08:23 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,773,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I do think that is a bigger issue, I just don't feel every provocation on Islam must be defended because of it. I mean this guy is certainly no friend to you. He's militantly anti-gay, presumably anti-secular, and opposes Islam for purely religious reasons. This issue wasn't about writing a book against Islam or delivering a speech or even doing a painting. Book-burning and destroying things are just not the same.

Although it's moot because it's not happening now.

Quran burning on again? Pastor says maybe - U.S. news - Security - msnbc.com

Old 09-09-2010, 08:39 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,179,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning

Church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning | 6abc.com

This man is a nut...power hungry and has an agenda...which is going to get him more church money, more members...I cannot beleive the media is covering this....this is going to start a lot of bad things, not to mention, undo everything we've done in the middle east....plus, get our men killed...but, apparently, this extremist...is only concerned about his agenda and not human life....???? The media is coverning this, b/c they are liberal facisits...and all for socialization...people mistakenly mix up the word facisit with Hitler, however, Hitler killing the Jews had nothing to do with Facisium....

It's going to far, and I cannot believe once again, religion is going to get people killed....how are we any better then The Terrorists?

People are sick, sick, sick, and it's time that the Christian community come forth and denouce this act....I can't believe people are standing by and allowing this to happen? We haven't progressed, we've regressed....this act is primitive hype to start problems...and believe you me, if this man goes ahead with this, then every human being who is killed afterwards, he should be held accountable....he will undo everything our men died for in the middle east!
They have the right to do such a thing, it is their koran, and their property. To even try and blame the actions of "out raged" Muslims on these people is absurd, and makes me want to join them. Of course I'd bring a bible along too...

Old 09-09-2010, 08:42 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,707,871 times
funny how we can go into moral outrage about a christian man burning books but are ok with islam burning people.
you do realize we are at war with islam right? we have invaded 2 of their countries.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:50 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,179,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
funny how we can go into moral outrage about a christian man burning books but are ok with islam burning people.
you do realize we are at war with islam right? we have invaded 2 of their countries.
Islam does not own countries, people do.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:36 PM

465 posts, read 530,478 times
Maybe if people stop basing their entire lives on thousand year old books, we wouldn't have these problems.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:54 PM

13,774 posts, read 26,650,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post
Maybe if people stop basing their entire lives on thousand year old books, we wouldn't have these problems.
I know many here dream of the day where the only reasons we threaten each other are patriotism/nationalism, political ideologies, greed, rage, lust, land, and mineral resources but never again something as trivial as the meaning of life or reality. So you're not alone

Old 09-09-2010, 10:03 PM

465 posts, read 530,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I know many here dream of the day where the only reasons we threaten each other are patriotism/nationalism, political ideologies, greed, rage, lust, land, and mineral resources but never again something as trivial as the meaning of life or reality. So you're not alone
hey at least those things are real and tangible.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:26 PM

409 posts, read 400,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
People are dying because people are behaving how they have been taught that god wants them to, taught by evil, corrupt, stupid people, all with a hunger for power and control over others.

There are no gods, but there is a book, that many credit as being proof of this god and its wishes. Corrupt, misguided, stupid, greedy, agenda driven, leaders of religion have proclaimed what the book says, and the sheepel (people acting like sheep) blindly follow along.

People are dying because of the belief in gods, of which none exist. And that is the real tragedy that 80%+ of people on this planet believe in this nonsense, but it shall correct itself unless when people with 'holy books' in their hands and the delusion that their god wants them to start wars end us all, we as a species, must get a whole lot smarter and discard this fallacy of gods and devils which would mean we would stop hating and killing over this nonsense.

We have risen in intelligence to the point we can easily annihilate all life on the planet, and it looks like we are well on our way, all born in the hatred spawned from the many religions. Ending the stupidity being exhibited in this little cluster of hateful believers in Florida would be a start. Something this silly, stupid, and hateful could well be the 'tipping point' from which there is no turning back, and all over gods that don't exist. How stupid is that?
I don't know if the Quran supports wars these days but I know the Holy Bible doesn't except one and that will be God's war and he is the only one that knows the day and hour of that. The Bible tells us to love our enemies and to seek first the Kingdom. The Holy wars mentioned in earlier times in the Bible were God's wars, the wars of today, are not God's wars. The Bible speaks of false religions and mentions that the goverments belong to Satan. The false religions have claimed to have God's favor but they don't. People that have misused God's word, have led alot of people to have some negative thoughts about God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality