Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 07:35 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,887 times

Advertisements

I agree but I think it has more to do with the fact that we live in a male dominated society...men are allowed to continue to behave that way because of that...women are EXPECTED to be the caregivers, the ones who think more clearly, the ones who mature more quickly. AND the fact that men lag behind is just accepted as just the way it is.

I was watching Judge Judy the other day and she said out in court that men might mature by the time they are 50...I laughed right out loud because I had been thinking the same thing.

The court system STILL almost always gives custody of children to the Mother even if she is a train wreck...men really have to fight to gain custody of their children.

Take Bill Clinton...what do people call him because of his affairs? A liar? What would they call Hillary if she was the one who was running around, they would call her a $lut...there is a BIG difference there.

Has anyone noticed that while the population is approximately 51% women, there are FAR more men in prison then there are women...that would mean that either women are too smart to break the law as often OR they are smarter and don't get caught. I also read that many of the women are in jail because they were manipulated or pushed into break the law by a man in their life.

How many female serial killers have been documented? Even then I'm not sure she truly fit the profile...she said she had been raped and brutalized and then set about killing Johns that she picked up. Only one in the US last time I checked...BY FAR serial killers in the US are likely to be WHITE men...last I checked there were only ONE black man who was found to be a serial killer.

How fond is society of saying that women are ruled by their hormones? Why is it then that men are the only ones who are treated with a hormone treatment to ammend their behavior when they break the law? I speak of the fact that men are given Depoprevera in order to deplete the amount of testosterone in their body after a sexual offense...making it difficult or imposible to get an erection.

I truly believe that men are the inferior sex...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 07:43 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
I am glad to hear a man admit he is a bigger sinners than women...in all actuality it may not be true because "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" However, it sounds and good to the flesh. If u believe men r the bigger sinners then u know what that means don't ya? Eve was innocent and Adam is the one to blame for the fall.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:56 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,036,479 times
I'd say that men are more prone to aggressive illegal behavior than women. Statistics seem to bear this out. That doesn't mean that men are any more prone to sin than women. There are plenty of sins which are perfectly legal, yet at the same time completely sinful. Gossip, slander, the passing of judgement, hate, gluttony, and envy are all legal as well as sinful.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:53 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,200,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisW View Post
I'd say that men are more prone to aggressive illegal behavior than women. Statistics seem to bear this out. That doesn't mean that men are any more prone to sin than women. There are plenty of sins which are perfectly legal, yet at the same time completely sinful. Gossip, slander, the passing of judgement, hate, gluttony, and envy are all legal as well as sinful.
I definately agree with this. I think kay has it right as well! We have testostorone and it causes us to be more agressive than our estrogen-laden counterparts. I'm not excusing idiotic behavior, but it is a simple fact. Certain aspects of human behavior are instinctual, and any parent who has raised a male child and a female child can tell you this is a fact!

And Lisa from Debary--ouch! You make some valid points, but sheesh! Should we all just castrate ourselves? I can't help that the world is what it is. I was born a man, and do my best to be a loving father, and a loving husband. Not all of us are pure evil as you make it sound!

And why does one side have to be inferior?

Old 06-30-2007, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
I definately agree with this. I think kay has it right as well! We have testostorone and it causes us to be more agressive than our estrogen-laden counterparts. I'm not excusing idiotic behavior, but it is a simple fact. Certain aspects of human behavior are instinctual, and any parent who has raised a male child and a female child can tell you this is a fact!

And Lisa from Debary--ouch! You make some valid points, but sheesh! Should we all just castrate ourselves? I can't help that the world is what it is. I was born a man, and do my best to be a loving father, and a loving husband. Not all of us are pure evil as you make it sound!

And why does one side have to be inferior?
I never said all men should be castrated or are pure evil...that was your statement...I am a pretty frank person...if I thought that, I would have said it. I know there are exceptions just as I know there are plenty of women out there who give us all a bad name and who don't have two braincells to rub together.

Having said that, I am a feminist...my opinions and observations are guided by this.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:05 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,200,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
I never said all men should be castrated or are pure evil...that was your statement...I am a pretty frank person...if I thought that, I would have said it. I know there are exceptions just as I know there are plenty of women out there who give us all a bad name and who don't have two braincells to rub together.

Having said that, I am a feminist...my opinions and observations are guided by this.
Well of course I know you didn't say that, it was just the feeling behind what you said, I guess. Again, to me, the thought of calling one sex inferior to the other just rubs me wrong. I'm not saying that it's not said by lots of people of both sexes, just that personally I find it to be a repulsive way of thinking. Of course, you are as entitled as anyone else to your thoughts and opinions.

And from your post, it's as obvious as the computer screen I'm looking at that you're a feminist!

Old 06-30-2007, 10:10 PM

743 posts, read 2,234,342 times
Quote:
Should we all just castrate ourselves?
I should hope not. You'd be eliminating a very important part for women.... feminists or not.

Last edited by Hoosier; 07-01-2007 at 03:37 PM..

Old 06-30-2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Well of course I know you didn't say that, it was just the feeling behind what you said, I guess. Again, to me, the thought of calling one sex inferior to the other just rubs me wrong. I'm not saying that it's not said by lots of people of both sexes, just that personally I find it to be a repulsive way of thinking. Of course, you are as entitled as anyone else to your thoughts and opinions.

And from your post, it's as obvious as the computer screen I'm looking at that you're a feminist!
Women are called the inferior sex...religion teaches it, society teaches it, its rife in American society...maybe you don't see it because your not a female.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:52 PM

253 posts, read 640,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
Women are called the inferior sex...religion teaches it, society teaches it, its rife in American society...maybe you don't see it because your not a female.
Well, my religion is a patriarchal society, only men can hold the priesthood, women are generally homemakers (at least in my area, but that is changing with time) but the doctrine teaches that although the men are the priesthood holders, we are all equal in God's eyes (besides, even in a patriarchal society, we all know who's really in charge) The men in my church generally tell the boys that if they don't learn to say women are better than men, they will have a tough life though I'm not going to call anybody inferior or superior, but I will simply say that there are more things a woman can do that a man can't than things a man can do that a woman can't, so if either is superior it would naturally be the woman, but both are necessary for the human race to survive.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:05 PM

668 posts, read 682,234 times
Women generally, seem to think with their cerebrums, and men their lower parts. Many more of my "A" students are girls than boys. But the most brilliant one or two students I get each year, the ones that can think independently, and at a genious level are always boys.

Why does the World Chess events have a Mens and a Womens class? The top woman chess player in the world can't compete with the top 20 men? Why, since Chess isn't a sport requiring strength, are there mens and womens classes?

These things are a mystery. But to favor one sex over another just doesn't seem right to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality