Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 08:06 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,027 times

Advertisements

Just because 70% of the population believes in virgin birth, miracles and resurrection doesn't cut it any longer. Get your 10 commandments and manger scenes out of public places and go to church when you want to talk religion. I'll do you a favor...if I want to hear about the worship of ancient gods I'll go to a church, temple or mosque.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:22 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
I am not sure all that 70% really believe, I think many are just going along with the norm. Hard for most Americans to stand out and think for themselves, look what happens when they do, they are not exactly welcomed with open arms.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:25 AM

44 posts, read 33,203 times
What about menorahs? Should they be removed from public places too?

Old 10-07-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I am not sure all that 70% really believe, I think many are just going along with the norm. Hard for most Americans to stand out and think for themselves, look what happens when they do, they are not exactly welcomed with open arms.
Oh I agree totally. When I was young the questions about religious belief did not even include the possibility of not believing. There was no choice for that even when I was inducted into the service in 1957. Everybody was included as a believer of some description. Thanks to media and the Internet folks are learning that it's OK to believe something else. This is especially important when considering the brainwashing of our youth. When I was in the third and fourth grades we were assigned a bible verse on Mondays and we had to recite it from memory on Fridays. And they wonder why we don't want religion in our schools.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:42 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,793 times
The last thing religion needs are people with inquiring minds.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:48 AM

It was funny, I watched Glee last night ( I had it dvr) they were doing a show about Jesus and god. Kurt, the gay guy, said he doesn't believe in god and made really good points ( and some really funny ones) to the rest of them who had no come back really. One of the girls said, this life is scary and too big to go it alone, you have to believe in something bigger. I looked at my husband and said that's it, they HAVE to and NEED to believe in something bigger, so they dont feel alone. Probably why so many dont question.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:52 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Just because 70% of the population believes in virgin birth, miracles and resurrection doesn't cut it any longer. Get your 10 commandments and manger scenes out of public places and go to church when you want to talk religion. I'll do you a favor...if I want to hear about the worship of ancient gods I'll go to a church, temple or mosque.
Now...Lets look at this from a different angle....

MONEY is a DEMIGOD...and You use this DEMIGOD in your life...

NOW AS YOU CLAIM you do not need this any more in your AMERICA where IN GOD we trust is engraved in most of the loot....You'd have to toss that away too!

Now in the Holy Bible Mathew tells us in Mathew 6:24 about such things....

So wether or not you claim Your detatchment to GOD or Demigods which the God says not to worship...You cannot speak for AMERICA per say...Cause 99.9 percent of the world is now in termoil over which one is the right one to believe in.....the God of death $atan...or the GOD of life...still unknown?...or is God something we have overlooked in our disbelief and our imagery of what God is or is not.....and our omitting things and profaning them, or falsely Judging them, because we prohibite certain plants from being sown into the wilderness with the mindset of Good intent...putting back what belongs there...to appease and please, and show caring Love for all life...which God made Good once upon a time...that we turned wild...because we as a race off the first two touched and defiled and in disobediance ate, and did something wrong towards all life, to cause our downfall from grace, and possibly caused this alternate estate/reality to be what it is TODAY....if we put it back sinlessly, and repent, and turn to doing what God asked of us...what happens?...cause it has never been done to the letter of his word..except for one person, HIS OWN SON, and he took one with him...to teach....AFTER THE WORLD ORDER VOTED HIM TO BE EXICUTED IN THE MOST HORRIFIC MANNER...and all his followers rounded up and slaughtered for entertainment....

Now God is a God of life....And $atan is a Demigod of death.

THis world is now spinning the wrong way and always was with some IDOL of some kind......and it is being polluted by the so called intelligent Human condition of stupidity and luxury with great sickness and unsound enviroments spring up all over the world....wonder why?...oh not doing what God said no doubt?.. ..over Quality simple living and healthly estates...

What is causing the demise of this world?..and the human condition..is this....$$$$$...and not doing the service in the Garden anymore correctly.... $$$ or wealth in dead things..which they never really put down since Jesus was here...or even before Jesus was......and they do not care about the planet anymore...because they forgot about God, and his instructions, laws, and covenants....which brings about a moral and healthy fabric in which we are to bore our children in, and in presteen pastures we offer our sinless form to God..to do his will and tend and keep things in perfect order...NOT chaos and corruption as it is........safe and sound?

oh no they bomb these people today, or slaughter them calling em names like savages, communists, or insergents, and claim they are "terrorist theses sheep herders and mountain dwelling people"....who live for free.....

Can't have them around...now... can we?

So the call to Humansacrifice has come again for the IDOL or Demigod...to feed it, the blood of the living innocent children...in any way it can be offered up freely by those who support it....and so they make war a necessity..and lie to call people to it....for no good reason...and make all pay the tax on that...to support it more...so it can be done more...to cost us more...to pollute it more...so more get sick and die...and more profit is made in the doing of it.....and What praytell is that Demigod about?...DEATH!...and you pay for that too these days...and soon they will charge a tax on sex!...so making children will cost and contribute a tax to the demigod $atan who will no doubt slaughter us all with Death continually...till this world is a toxic biohazard and all life dies because of it.....not doing what the God of life said to do....wonder why?

God is a God of life.....Now LIFE...it is starting to stink..because people do not believe in GOD....at all? but they say they believe, and do not do what God said.......But they do believe in the demigod...the opposite of God...and a polluted and unhealthy and unsafe world they are making with it....why?....Stupidity I'd say...

Do not believe in any of them?...Yah tell me another fable....I was watching the world last night...and I would have to say I found no Glee in it....But the funnything I did notice...while this slaughtering was going on, as always...the Gay and sexually lude Dance in some form of Glee?....wonder why they make Jokes and laugh in this time of Death making, under that demigod which brought them into existence... the bent world order now has in its hands ? Yah funny things are born when twisted in the head...to that Demigod...
And now the people who live under that...are becoming more plastic, and painted up in funny ways...Not really what they are...but what they are pretending to be...

Jesus said Your making a den of robbers, sinners, and thieves..to those who showed him the coin/demigod....And so he was telling the truth...in a cut throat kind of way...Can you swallow that truth now?

Last edited by Sir Les; 10-07-2010 at 09:45 AM..

Old 10-07-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
Now...Lets look at this from a different angle....

MONEY is a DEMIGOD...and You use this DEMIGOD in your life...

NOW AS YOU CLAIM you do not need this any more in your AMERICA where IN GOD we trust is engraved in most of the loot....You'd have to toss that away too!

Now in the Holy Bible Mathew tells us in Mthew 6:24 about such things....

So wether or not you claim Your distatchment to GOD or Demigods...You cannot speak for AMERICA...Cause 99.9 percent of the world is now in termoil over which one is the right one.....the God of death $atan...or the GOD of life...still unknow?...or is God something we have overlooked in our disbelief...and our omitting things because we prohibite certain plants from being sown into the wilderness...that belong there...to apease and please, and show caring Love for all life...which God made...that we turned wild...because we as a race off the first two touch, and possibly caused this alternate estate....if we put it back sinlessly...what happens?

Now God is a God of life....And $atan is a Demigod of death.

THis world is now spinning the wrong way...and it is being polluted by the so called intelligent Human condition of stupidity and luxury with great sickness and unsound enviroments.. ..over Quality living and healthly estates...

What is causing the demise of this world?..and the human condition..is this....$$$$$....and they do not care about the planet anymore...because they forgot about God, and his instructions, laws, and covenants....which brings about a moral and healthy fabric in which we are to bore our children in and presteen pastures.....safe and sound?

How no they bomb these people today, and claim they are terrorist sheep herders and mountain dwelling people....who live for free.....

Can't have them around...now can we?

So the call to Humansacrifice has come again for the IDOL or Demigod...to feed it the blood of the living...in any way it can be offered....and so they make war....for no good reason...and make all pay the tax on that...to support it more...so it can be done more...to cost us more...to pollute it more...

LIFE!...it is starting to stink..because people do not believe in GOD....at all....But they do believe in the demigod...the opposite of God...and a polluted and unhealthy and unsafe world....why?....Stupidity I'd say...

Do not believe in any of them?...Yah tell me another fable.
Money is just paper and coins, nothing more. As for the rest of your nonsense post, have we not been taking our meds lately?

Old 10-07-2010, 09:00 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times
My debit card doesn't have "In God We Trust" printed on it...

Old 10-07-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
My debit card doesn't have "In God We Trust" printed on it...
LOL!

What the Christians won't tell you is that during a bloody civil war a group of religious zealots put enough pressure on the secretary of the treasury that he added In God We Trust to the coins.

In the 1950's when we were in a cold war with Russia and children were being drilled to crawl under their desks at school during a nuclear attack the McCarthyites succeeded in getting it added to the currency and also inserted "Under God" in our pledge of allegiance.

I'll guarantee you that our forebears had nothing for the bible and Christianity...they were deists. George Washington never went to a church of any kind and Thomas Paine despised Christianity and wrote multiple books about it. Thomas Jefferson wrote his own version of the bible ommitting virgin birth, miracles and resurrection...ol' Hey Zeus just died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality