Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 10:27 PM

253 posts, read 640,770 times

Advertisements

I assume a dog will go to heaven as long as he/she doesn't suspect that his ancestors were wolves. To be honest though, would heaven really be perfect if there were no pets there? God's kingdom without animals seems like a sad place to me, as both a pet owner and a meat lover
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 10:27 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,696,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Absolutely not. What an insult to God to think so.
therefore, why did Pope Paul !! to be a saint say this? Also why do we have the blessings of animals on Oct 4.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
The Bible doesn't specifically state that, as much as I'd love to see my childhood pets when I get there, that we'll see dogs in Heaven. But then again, this is probably one of those things that we won't know for sure until we get to Heaven. Then there's that passage in the Book of Revelation that states Jesus will come back riding on a white horse, along with the armies clothed in fine linen (Revelation 19:11-21). That at least tells me that there will be animals in Heaven, not necessarily our dearly departed pets we had here on Earth.
the st anthony messenger, by a priest, quotes: with St. Francis, it is a yes.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:37 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
I think this poem has a lovely explanation of it.

<Rainbow Bridge>

Old 07-08-2007, 10:38 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,764 times
I've met some very nice cats...I'm sure they will be there as well.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:45 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,785 times
Well, the pope is wrong. The RCC is wrong. God is right, and the Bible is right your pets will not be in eternal bliss. When they die they rot in the earth and that's it. Animals DO NOT HAVE A SOUL! that's what separates us from them. We can reason and we have a soul.

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7)

No where does the Bible teach animals have a soul!

Old 07-08-2007, 10:45 PM

668 posts, read 682,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
I've met some very nice cats...I'm sure they will be there as well.

Ok...Maybe Garfield. But thats it!!

Old 07-08-2007, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
I think all creatures will go to heaven, and I'm sure my Cleo is waiting there for me right now (she's hanging out with my dear aunt).

For you bible quoters I thought I'd throw these in for consideration:

Revelation 5:8-13 all creatures recognize Jesus as the Savior of the world and praise God right along with redeemed men.

Psalm 145:-9-10,13,15-21 God loves all His creation and has made plans for all His children and the lesser creatures to enjoy His eternal Kingdom.

Romans 8:19 says that the lesser creatures await Christ's return to redeem the sons of God so they, too, will be released from physical death to eternal life.
o k click on this will i see my little doggie in heaven july 2003 issue of st anthony messenger? Quote"it would seem strange if all these created beings, which assist us in worshiping God on earth, are not invited to join us in worshiping God in heaven.
but from all evidence shown the whole family of creation will someday share the fullness of salvation won by Jesus Christ. in the final analysis how many of us are truly satisfied with a vision of heaven that does not include the whole family of creation? I guess we may be believe as in Christmas.
the doctrine of the resurrection of the body seems to assure us that no genuine part of our human or earthy experience will be lost.

Last edited by maggiekate; 07-08-2007 at 10:59 PM..

Old 07-08-2007, 10:52 PM

130 posts, read 527,617 times
Yes, I beleive our animals go to heaven when they pass away. Read James Van Praagh book, Talking to Heaven. He is the most amazing medium alive! This book will forever change the way you feel about the world beyond! He communicates with spirits of men, women, children and animals who have passed away.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:54 PM

38,897 posts, read 22,885,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Well, the pope is wrong. The RCC is wrong. God is right, and the Bible is right your pets will not be in eternal bliss. When they die they rot in the earth and that's it. Animals DO NOT HAVE A SOUL! that's what separates us from them. We can reason and we have a soul.

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7)

No where does the Bible teach animals have a soul!
That's how I read it in my Bible also, Marks. I fully agree with everything you wrote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality