Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 07:15 PM

12 posts, read 13,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsobchak View Post
Just wondering... there is a dedicated forum for Christian lunatics. Why do they insist on posting here?
Hello!

Jesus says:

Luke Chapter 6: 22 Blessed are you when people hate you, and when they exclude and insult you, and denounce your name as evil on account of the Son of Man. ...

23 Rejoice and leap for joy on that day! Behold, your reward will be great in heaven. For their ancestors treated the prophets in the same way.

26 Woe to you when all speak well of you, for their ancestors treated the false prophets in this way.

Conclusions: If I were to be commended, I would do something wrong.

Christian

Old 11-13-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
This is nothing new... It didn't happen in 1988 either...
hello!

Individual events (plague, 2nd World War, atomic bomb,....) were classified to the prophecies in the past. Therefore, there were many doomsday dates.

I recognize sequences in the prophecies of Daniel. It all fits together.

Christian

Old 11-13-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
*Ahem* And I quote...

" ...This year? Well, that's ... cutting it a little close, isn't it? I mean, your book just came out. You're going to have to wait at least a year to see sales back from that, or a movie of the week deal. I mean, shouldn't you have said, 'Hey, the world's going to end in 1992!' Better yet, '1994!'?"

-- Peter Venkman to a would-be psychic, Ghostbusters 2.
Hello!

Jeremiah Chapter 28: 8 From of old, the prophets who were before you and me prophesied war, woe, and pestilence against many lands and mighty kingdoms. 9 But the prophet who prophesies peace is recognized as truly sent by the LORD only when his prophetic prediction is fulfilled.

Just wait. Who knows what you say, for example, in three years

Christian

Old 11-13-2010, 07:34 PM

651 posts, read 1,417,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian090676 View Post
hello!

Individual events (plague, 2nd World War, atomic bomb,....) were classified to the prophecies in the past. Therefore, there were many doomsday dates.

Christian
Hold on! You are getting ahead of yourself. Why would I accept your interpretation of the bible as I don't think it is anything more than a book of myths? You need to establish that the bible is the 'word of god' before I will accept any of your claims. And, before you can do that you have to show that there is a god that can reveal himself through a book. Good luck with that! Oh, and no cheating; the bible can't be used to prove itself.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:37 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:

A fear mongering? Jesus is coming A new world is coming.
Yes, fear-mongering. And no, your Jesus isn't coming; if he ever existed, he wasn't a god and he's long dead now.

Quote:
This gives us hope.
No, the fact that more and more people are seeing religion and the misguided belief in god as fallacious is what gives us hope.

Quote:
The prophecies of the Bible show us that there is life after death.
Bram Stoker shows us that there are real vampires, and Mary Shelley proved that Frankenstein's Monster was real.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:42 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Before destroying New York I think god should at least wait to see how the Yankees and Mets finish up the season.
HARRUMPH !!!!!!!!- Red Sox fan here!!!

Old 11-13-2010, 07:44 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,483 times
Quote:
hello!

Christian
All I'm saying here is that people have been saying that Jesus is on his way back for quite a few centuries.

...Still no Jesus...

Old 11-13-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia160 View Post
Hold on! You are getting ahead of yourself. Why would I accept your interpretation of the bible as I don't think it is anything more than a book of myths? You need to establish that the bible is the 'word of god' before I will accept any of your claims. And, before you can do that you have to show that there is a god that can reveal himself through a book. Good luck with that! Oh, and no cheating; the bible can't be used to prove itself.
Hello!

The prophecies of the Bible show me that our Father in heaven has been known for thousands of years, what will happen today.

Therefore, our Father in heaven knows for thousands of years, which is now written in the Bible.

Therefore, the Bible is 100% true. I believe that. The future will reveal it.

Christian

Old 11-13-2010, 07:49 PM

651 posts, read 1,417,037 times
Quote:
Hello!

The prophecies of the Bible show me that our Father in heaven has been known for thousands of years, what will happen today.

Therefore, our Father in heaven knows for thousands of years, which is now written in the Bible.

Christian
I've heard a lot of claims about fulfilled prophecies but I have never seen anything that is reliable.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:03 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Hello!

Christian
Good grief..

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality