Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 04:42 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,733,962 times

Advertisements

‎"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most."— Siddhārtha Gautama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 09:38 PM

250 posts, read 379,539 times
We are the authors of every next moment.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:57 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
‎"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most."— Siddhārtha Gautama
Oh I beg to differ. We are born again when we accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and what we do today is what gets counted against us or for us in the long run in the books of heaven. Everything we do or say is being monitored.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:01 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Everything we do or say is being monitored.
No it's not.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:06 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
No it's not.
Yeah it is. We could go back and forth all night about that one.

Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

I just base what I say on scripture and scripture says that we shall be judged on everything. I'm scared cause I don't remember everything!

Old 12-03-2010, 10:16 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Oh I beg to differ. We are born again when we accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and what we do today is what gets counted against us or for us in the long run in the books of heaven. Everything we do or say is being monitored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
No it's not.
Quote:

Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

I just base what I say on scripture and scripture says that we shall be judged on everything. I'm scared cause I don't remember everything!
Scripture or not . . . every single minute of consciousness from the first day of your life is a permanent form of pure energy . . . so it still exists as part of you whether you remember it or not. It is what comprises your soul . . . the cumulative production of consciousness throughout your life. So Ilene is correct . . . it is all there and it will be resonant or dissonant with the loving consciousness of God (universal field) that establishes our reality.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:32 PM

33,545 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Nonsense.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:22 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Nonsense.
Ah sans . . . and I thought you were trying to get educated.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:04 AM

250 posts, read 379,539 times
This is a very good illustration of the differences between Christianity and Buddhism.

Every day is a new start and what we do that day is what matters. And it repeats every day. I love it.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:07 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Not really. Your illusions are not reality. They seem real to you because you've fooled yourself into believing them. It's like telling a lie...the more you tell it, the easier it is to do so, and eventually if you tell it enough, you'll start believing it.

Quote:
I just base what I say on scripture and scripture says that we shall be judged on everything.
It's dangerous not to think for yourself. That's how other religious fanatics, like terrorist muslims are.

Quote:
I'm scared cause I don't remember everything!
What a sad existence. I'm not scared at all. I have a wonderful life, half of which is still ahead of me (barring an early death for some reason) and I don't fear death. I don't fear being judged after I die. Religion is based on fear and negative reinforcement. Such a sad, narrow view of life when there's so much more out here to experience. I vary between feeling pity and contempt for someone so immersed in their illusions that they're actually scared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality