Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 10:51 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Again, no pigment found on this shroud. Could be some primitive photo effect but again no paint pigment present. An educated artist who used real blood in his art perhaps. An educated artist who knew those who hung on the cross 1300 years before that arm sockets became dislocated. Now if you want to add on about my "con" that would be interesting.
No paint???

Quote:
Shortly after I learned through careful study of the 32 sticky-tapes taken from the Shroud that the image substance was paint, I made up two paints; one with pigment (red ochre) and gelatin solution and the other with diluted blood. The red ochre paint was 0.01% pigment and 0.01% gelatin in water. The blood paint was 3% whole blood in water. I made up these two paints for two reasons: first, to determine the amount of iron (as red ochre) that is needed to register a visible image (it turned out to be about 3 micrograms per square centimeter); second, to compare sticky tape samples from linen cloths painted with both paints. The red ochre-painted linen yielded tapes indistinguishable from the Shroud tapes.
The Latest Shroud Update - McCrone Research Institute (McRI) - Chicago, IL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 11:23 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Interesting. For decades I've read there's plenty of blood on the shroud and no paint pigment. Now McCrone comes along and lo and behold no blood plenty of paint. Go figure.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:50 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Again, no pigment found on this shroud. Could be some primitive photo effect but again no paint pigment present. An educated artist who used real blood in his art perhaps. An educated artist who knew those who hung on the cross 1300 years before that arm sockets became dislocated.
Again, the artist didn't have to know those that (allegedly) "hung on the cross 1300 years before"....he just had to know the story of those who (allegedly) hung on the cross 1300 years before.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:57 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
if its fake tyhen how come scientists that have been working on it for the last 30 years cant understand it,it has been proven not to be a fake,but also their is no real evidance that it is Jesus' imprint on it bar the evidence known,although yer man at the end said that if this was takin t0 a court of law the evidence that is known would certainly point to that.it is a mystery and the church only said that they ere unsure of what it was.

ho come if a scientist was working on a theory over the last 30 years that ,lets say pointed to evolution,that you and most atheists would cdertainly accept their conclusions,but yet when scientific means discover a complete mystery about something like this and point to the fact that although they dont know exactly what it is,they sure know what its not and that my freind is that its not a fake,,,,,,,,,,the historical evidence surely points to what it is although the scientific evidence cant,,its a mystery m8,a magical one.
That's because all the work on this shroud has been contradictory, in conflict and with distinctly different results depending on whom you find working on it.

Now, in complete opposition, as to Evolution, we've had a persistently growing conclusion based on the independent work, in unrelated areas of science, (i.e.; geology, genetics, biology, ocean chemistry, astronomy, nuclear isotopic tools, and so on), ALL pointing inexorably to essentially the same obvious (and uniform and rational and predictable and logical) conclusion. That Evolution is a fact, referred to as a "theory" in scientific circles.

Not so with The Shroud. There's hardly a consensus, now is there?

See the huge difference, doeable?

Old 01-07-2011, 12:27 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
The universe is also deadly. Black holes, asteroids, meteors and more
yeah thats probly Siva's influence on the Universe,Brahma is the creator,Vishnu the maintainer,and siva the destroyer.everything in then material cosmos has a start middle and end.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
You didn't answer the question; nice dodge. But don't for a minute think we can't see what you're trying to do.
and exactly what it is it you think im trying to do,if your question is why dosent god just reveal Himself then the awnser would be that God dosent easily reveal Himself,lifetimes of devotion and renunciation from material desires and surrender will get you there faster,the ultimate goal of life isnt easily acheived even for the great mystics yogis,loving devotional service is the key.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
That's because all the work on this shroud has been contradictory, in conflict and with distinctly different results depending on whom you find working on it.

Now, in complete opposition, as to Evolution, we've had a persistently growing conclusion based on the independent work, in unrelated areas of science, (i.e.; geology, genetics, biology, ocean chemistry, astronomy, nuclear isotopic tools, and so on), ALL pointing inexorably to essentially the same obvious (and uniform and rational and predictable and logical) conclusion. That Evolution is a fact, referred to as a "theory" in scientific circles.

Not so with The Shroud. There's hardly a consensus, now is there?

See the huge difference, doeable?
ive already read missus Cougars link,and accepted that yeah its probly a fake,even though i dont fully know,but as you said the evidence is contradictory so thats that.

as for evolution(dont know why you brought that up but anyway)yeah i think it could be possible,and when i think of Brahmas day being million's of earth years,it kinda makes sense.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:14 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Again, no pigment found on this shroud. Could be some primitive photo effect but again no paint pigment present. An educated artist who used real blood in his art perhaps. An educated artist who knew those who hung on the cross 1300 years before that arm sockets became dislocated. Now if you want to add on about my "con" that would be interesting.
Where did I say it was paint? There are many artistic media besides paint, you know. Even in the 14th century.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:37 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,864,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Walter McCrone is basically the only expert from that team that had that finding however.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:39 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,864,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Where did I say it was paint? There are many artistic media besides paint, you know. Even in the 14th century.

There is very little traces of pigment whatsoever on the shroud MC only traces of iron oxide. But the brush strokes don't penetrate beyond the surface layers....impossible for an artist to do. I don't think it's real mind you....but i don't believe it was painted on either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality