Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2011, 08:34 AM

3,429 posts, read 2,733,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post

Funny how hate or revenge is rarely associated with "proof" of god.

If memory serves me, god cast satan into the lake of fire. (Note the lake of fire was already there hence premeditated casting.)

What happened to forgivness?
This is a good point. And FYI, for those who think there is not eternal torment:

Jesus says in Luke 20:36, "Nor can [a resurrected saint] die anymore, for they are equal to the angels." Created spirit beings, angels, cannot die! Earlier, Satan was bound in the bottomless pit, but after his subsequent rebellion, God decides that eternal torment in the Lake of Fire is a just punishment for one so evil. If men choose not to repent, God can mercifully snuff out their existence. Fallen angels, however, must live eternally with the consequences of their sins.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:30 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default No seriously....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
I love how everyone thinks my dad (C34) goes under different alias' ...he seriously barely knows how to turn on the computer.
Just to be serious for a moment, your dad's absence is conspicuous, and we really do love his entertaining banter and thought-processes, trust me. Or more correctly, we love how he thinks! It's so instructive to all of us students of religious philosophy and it's defensive mechanisms.

And, as of now, with our newly defined 2011 social intercourse guidelines, it's "make-nice" time for us. No more endless jabs, even if a particular post is ludicrous...

I'm serious here; is there anything wrong? Some of us would be genuinely upset if he had any troubling medical issues.

Moving on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Of course not. The church has many functions, one of which is to assist the poor.
On this I loosely agree jimmiej. While I think it could all be handled far more efficiently, with no siphoning off of a % to maintain the Golden Chapel Church of the UnRedeemable in Smallmindsville, USA, there is a functioning percentage of donation monies that do indeed find their way into the mouths of starving children oversea or in our own inner cities.

I wonder, though, why the Church of The Holy Cow! doesn't preach abstinence to staunch the ever-growing number of fatherless children, destined to a life of ill education and general starvation. Of course, your contributions also provide employment for the many aid workers who fly over there and get to whisper Christianity's many falsehoods into the now willing ears of some nutritionally satiated children.

Their future mindsets all set out for them, no independent thinking necessary! Ain't Christian aid wonderful?

"Now, and only if you'll listen to this wonderful true story of how Noah and his barge, which they've just found up on a mountain in Turkey, saved all godz creatures, you can have more sweet rice pudding!"

I know, I know; I'm SUCH a cynic. But it's true.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:44 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
"Now, and only if you'll listen to this wonderful true story of how Noah and his barge, which they've just found up on a mountain in Turkey, saved all godz creatures, you can have more sweet rice pudding!"

I know, I know; I'm SUCH a cynic. But it's true.
Obviously, I can't speak for everyone, but largely, that is not true. Christian aid is given regardless of whether one will listen to the gospel message.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:56 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,592,697 times
Peace is another proof of God, yet a difficult one. We do not see Peace in the world everywhere, yet it exists. It can exist in the mind, so it is there that one can again experience God. One can credit Peace to many things, I tend to credit God where and when I see it;

Because I do not view man as the source of it.

Peace.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:03 PM

Self Control is proof of God. I see so much evidence of people just loosing control of themselves, going on killing rampages. There is no control in many, and I think its obvious that a person just needs a mature power in their lives to help maintain just a since of sanity. I think a human can control themselves without a belief in God, but conversely many who believe gain much control of themselves through that belief.

And let me go into " Gentleness" as a proof of God.

Peace.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:45 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
I am still waiting for all these real proofs........I am only seeing you post your thoughts, which are far from any proof.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I am still waiting for all these real proofs........I am only seeing you post your thoughts, which are far from any proof.

I see no reason for you to wait for what you do not see. My thoughts are the only way and window that I know of to be convinced on things. They are proofs to me, but I do not have the ability to prove these things to another mind, so I hold absolutely no intrest in convincing others of this.

Gentleness is a proof of God. Its tenderness and caring is not a thing which cannot evolve from apes, chemicals or big bang theorys. Even the gentleness that animals display, is a proof of God, it was programmed within them. And I think its the same for humans, it has to be put in us, we are not born with it.

Gentleness is not a human thing, its a thing placed in humans. For a human to be Gentle, is just a wonderful thing;

And when I see wonderful things, I always suspect God. And I want to go into " Goodness" as a proof of God.

Peace.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:18 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I see no reason for you to wait for what you do not see. My thoughts are the only way and window that I know of to be convinced on things. They are proofs to me, but I do not have the ability to prove these things to another mind, so I hold absolutely no intrest in convincing others of this.

Gentleness is a proof of God. Its tenderness and caring is not a thing which cannot evolve from apes, chemicals or big bang theorys. Even the gentleness that animals display, is a proof of God, it was programmed within them. And I think its the same for humans, it has to be put in us, we are not born with it.

Gentleness is not a human thing, its a thing placed in humans. For a human to be Gentle, is just a wonderful thing;

And when I see wonderful things, I always suspect God. And I want to go into " Goodness" as a proof of God.

Peace.
Apes being gentle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPSWL24g6IQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmDdBuOa78Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ-TVH-4oKY

Old 01-12-2011, 02:29 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post

Peace.
Actually yes it can evolve, over millions of years or learned experience. Some people are born without it as well. Something not quite right with them. So what God forgot some?
Everything in us is either a chemical reaction in the brain ( like love, joy, sadness) or learned through millions of years of trial and error, just the way it is no matter how you try to discount it.
lets call these "proofs" what they really are, YOUR BELIEFS AND THOUGHTS,not Proofs, since they are not.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:33 PM

Goodness is a definte absolute proof of God, no doubt about it. God is simply Good, humans simply are not. But we can have certain primitive levels of Goodness, some of us. God is Righteous and Virtuous, and those qualitys are a thing to admire and search for. I wish I had them, but this world seems barren of them. And what little we see, its just not enough of it going around.

So it seems to be another of those " Spiritual Things", and Spiritual things are proofs of God, which I will go into much later. Goodness is almost just a concept, but we can squezze just enough out of it, to believe in it, and then believe that a Good being exist that propels Goodness.

Now in order for God to exist, then he must be Good, and of course VERY powerful.

And I want to go into " Power" as a proof of God.

Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality