Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:38 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Often during home hauntings, Christian crosses or Christians pictures hanging on the walls will be thrown to the floor by an invisible force. And this happens sometimes while others look on.
LMAO!! Sounds just like one of my uncle's ghost stories. I'm 76 years old and I've never heard or seen a thing during my lifetime which couldn't be explained by the physical laws of nature and circumstances. Once when I was in my teens, on a bet, I took two blankets to a graveyard and slept on the grave of one of my friend's grandmother. I do not believe in ghosts any more than I believe voodoo. I don't believe in ghosts, holy or otherwise.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:02 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
Quote:
Often during home hauntings, Christian crosses or Christians pictures hanging on the walls will be thrown to the floor by an invisible force. And this happens sometimes while others look on.
This is what is termed anecdotal evidence. It proves nothing except stuff fell off the wall and more likely never happened in the first place.

Why would they target crosses or paintings, surely your demons would be more interested in possessing the person? Surely if this happened, the holy spirit should be able to hang them back for you and shoo the demons away?

It amazes me that only xians are able to see demons or experience demon manifestations, actually I am not seeing this area in fear of the dark side is paramount in maintaining the delusion. By all accounts, non believers like me that have been led astray by your satan should manifest demons by the mere presence of a hs filled xian. Seeing I too once was hs filled talked in tongues etc. it is odd that this infilling is so erratic that satan was able to gain access into my mind.

It is all make believe like the whole sham of xianity.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:19 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
A couple of years ago I came home from shopping, and most of the pictures of my walls were askew, and three were on the floor. There were also a few other items knocked off of shelves...I had no idea what was going on until a friend called me and asked "What did you think of that?" I asked what did I think of what?...He replied didn't you feel the earthquake?

Old 03-15-2011, 01:23 AM

5 posts, read 5,190 times
If the 'dead know nothing' why would be the literal hell?

Old 03-15-2011, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerwin View Post
If the 'dead know nothing' why would be the literal hell?
To start off, hell is a mistranslated word that refers to three things

Sheol, Hades = grave
Gehenna, valley of Hinnom = rubbish dump outside jerusalem
Tartarus and 5 star place reserved for the devil and his angels

I will leave the universalists to expound on that, some earlier links above.

Then we have the concept of soul sleep which explains away the dead know nothing. You die and await the resurrection. Because you are not time aware being dead, this resurrection will appear instantaneous and you will be immediately judged and cast into hell if you were not a true xian(tm)

The main reason for hell, it keeps the church coffers full and you have to have something to be saved from in the first place. W/o hell, there really is no point to the whole xian "experience".

The con has worked for eons.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:04 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
LMAO!! Sounds just like one of my uncle's ghost stories. I'm 76 years old and I've never heard or seen a thing during my lifetime which couldn't be explained by the physical laws of nature and circumstances. Once when I was in my teens, on a bet, I took two blankets to a graveyard and slept on the grave of one of my friend's grandmother. I do not believe in ghosts any more than I believe voodoo. I don't believe in ghosts, holy or otherwise.

No doubt your uncle's ghost stories were inspired by real events. Even if he himself fake the story he told you. I never died of food poisoning. So I guess such a thing does not exist. Of course that would be a statement based on nonsense. I have told you of my own encounters, and there is no shortage of other people with their own encounters as well. The link below speaks of a family who had to flee their home because of demonic activity.

"It all started out slow, with holy pictures and icons being knocked from shelves and walls, screams in the house being heard in the middle of the night, and their son being lifted off the bed by an invisible force and hurled to the floor in his sleep."

Family Flees Demon Possessed Home

Old 03-15-2011, 02:11 AM

Quote:
No doubt your uncle's ghost stories were inspired by real events. Even if he himself fake the story he told you. I never died of food poisoning. So I guess such a thing does not exist. Of course that would be a statement based on nonsense. I have told you of my own encounters, and there is no shortage of other people with their own encounters as well. The link below speaks of a family who had to flee their home because of demonic activity.

"It all started out slow, with holy pictures and icons being knocked from shelves and walls, screams in the house being heard in the middle of the night, and their son being lifted off the bed by an invisible force and hurled to the floor in his sleep."

Family Flees Demon Possessed Home
When they tried praying in the house for the spirit to leave, all they could hear the whole time was furniture being moved about the house upstairs and clothes being shot from the dressers upstairs into the room. Despite their pleas for help, locals from the area say they don't recall any tragic events directly related to the house, and say the events they describe were never described by previous witnesses
So prayer does not work? I guess satan and demons are then stronger than god.
Demonic possession of homes is something that is traditionally dealt with by priests in the Catholic church, but there have been several different avenues of treatment of a demonically possessed home met with varying success by these as well as other means. A few months ago a family reported that hundreds, and eventually thousands of fires had been started in their home by a mysterious entity that even boiled the water in the fish tank killing the family's pet turtle and eventually smashing the case. Later, the son of the family took responsibility for setting a few of the fires, adding to the controversy of the case, but the family still maintains that the majority of the fires have been started by an unseen supernatural force.
Do you even read these links you post?

Old 03-15-2011, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
To start off, hell is a mistranslated word that refers to three things

Sheol, Hades = grave
Gehenna, valley of Hinnom = rubbish dump outside jerusalem
Tartarus and 5 star place reserved for the devil and his angels

I will leave the universalists to expound on that, some earlier links above.

Then we have the concept of soul sleep which explains away the dead know nothing. You die and await the resurrection. Because you are not time aware being dead, this resurrection will appear instantaneous and you will be immediately judged and cast into hell if you were not a true xian(tm)

The main reason for hell, it keeps the church coffers full and you have to have something to be saved from in the first place. W/o hell, there really is no point to the whole xian "experience".

The con has worked for eons.

In 1973 I had an encounter with two demons lasting 6 months. Before the one demon was forced to leave. He said, "better to be destroyed then to burn in HELL". This was not a con from the church. And in fact, the church wanted nothing to do with their reality.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
When they tried praying in the house for the spirit to leave, all they could hear the whole time was furniture being moved about the house upstairs and clothes being shot from the dressers upstairs into the room. Despite their pleas for help, locals from the area say they don't recall any tragic events directly related to the house, and say the events they describe were never described by previous witnesses
So prayer does not work? I guess satan and demons are then stronger than god.
Demonic possession of homes is something that is traditionally dealt with by priests in the Catholic church, but there have been several different avenues of treatment of a demonically possessed home met with varying success by these as well as other means. A few months ago a family reported that hundreds, and eventually thousands of fires had been started in their home by a mysterious entity that even boiled the water in the fish tank killing the family's pet turtle and eventually smashing the case. Later, the son of the family took responsibility for setting a few of the fires, adding to the controversy of the case, but the family still maintains that the majority of the fires have been started by an unseen supernatural force.
Do you even read these links you post?

Jesus Himself told us that certain spirits require much prayer before they leave. Thinking they just always leave right away would be a mistake.

Some years ago in Orland Park Il. The fire department was called to a home that was on fire. The flame had not spread very far before it was put out. As the fire department was about to leave another fire started in another part of the home. It to was put out. Then again another fire began to burn and was put out again. Then while the firemen were present they saw sparks shoot out of an eletrical socket and once again a fire was started. Finally they had the electric turned off thinking all would be well. Yet they were shocked to see more sparks shooting out an electric socket that nolonger had any electric. This happened over and over. And finally, they just let the house burn to the ground.

And yes I did read the link, and as the parents said most of the fire occured for reasons other then their son. Non believers always look for an answer that agrees with their own beliefs. Yet when accounts cannot be explained by them or anyone else. They just ignore them. Fire is often used by demons to scare those who live in homes that are haunted. And maybe that is because demons have experienced the fear of the fires of Hell.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:52 AM

I would need to see the forensic evidence. As an electrician, I have seen circuit breakers bypassed or bridged out. If a house was struck by lightning, the circuit breakers can form carbon trails that are conductive. Socket outlets only splutter sparks in movies.

Everything you see as evidence has a rational explanation because ghosts and demons do not exist except in the imaginations of men.

A demon that is able to move objects but needs electricity to start a fire is very questionable.

It still remains that only the superstitious encounter these phenomena. The mind and imagination makes these things real to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.