Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 07:56 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Such complete nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron Wyatt didnt find squat, he was nothing more that a con man, his discoveries have already been proven a fraud!!!! Give it a rest already.

CORRECTION!

SOME of his discoveries have been proven correct by Dr. Moller and others.

Can you prove that Dr. Moller and his team are all frauds? Because if you can't. Maybe it's time for you to give it a rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 08:06 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
CORRECTION!

SOME of his discoveries have been proven correct by Dr. Moller and others.

Can you prove that Dr. Moller and his team are all frauds? Because if you can't. Maybe it's time for you to give it a rest.
Wyatt Archaeological Research Fraud Documentation (WAR, W.A.R.)

Debunking Christianity: Coming This Fall, "The Exodus Conspiracy" -- Dr. Lennart Moller resurrects Ron Wyatt's photograph of a gilded chariot wheel

Summary: The Exodus Revealed video, directed by Lad Allen and funded by Discovery (Institute?) Media Productions, is based on The Exodus Case book by Lennart Moller, which is based on the "discoveries" of Ron Wyatt. Both the video and the book include photos of a gold wheel supposedly found in the Gulf of Aqaba, presented as proof that the Bible's Red Sea crossing story is true. But a TV producer's wife "was told by one of Ron Wyatt's sons that the chariot wheels that Ron supposedly discovered in the Gulf of Aqaba were planted there by Ron." Also, John Baumgardner, who is a Christian and initially believed Wyatt and inspected Wyatt's Noah's ark "discovery", later wrote that "I am almost 100% certain that Ron 'planted' them [rivets on the Ark]." Despite this and much more evidence that Ron Wyatt was a crazy liar, both Lennart Moller and Lad Allen were insidiously dishonest in promoting Wyatt's "findings" without disclosing Wyatt's history of fraud. [See the link below for more on Wyatt, much more.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:17 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
It's the money in your wallet that they are interested in, not your blindness.
They never asked me for money. Not once in my year and a half of attending their congregation. All money was donation-based and I never made a donation. In fact they bought me countless meals and bought me clothes and offered to put me up with them when there was a chance I would be homeless. They drove me around to find apartments and volunteered to interpret for my job interviews, etc. etc.

However they did specifically target the deaf, blind, and deaf-blind. The fact they knew how to communicate with me as a deaf-blind person was very unusual in and of itself. Many of the people in this congregation had studied ASL for the specific purpose of communication with deaf and deaf-blind people. They also brought all their materials to me in braille format, including the Bible itself. They even bought me my own Braille bible as a gift. By the way Braille bibles are huge and take up a whole shelf on a wall. One braille Bible is about twice as many "black boxes" as photographed here:

Very, very ironic, IMO.

What they wanted wasn't my money. What they wanted was me to believe in a Bible that also said I could not approach the altar. What they wanted was me to get baptized. When I started expressing doubts about the Bible being true and informed them I didn't plan on getting baptized, their help and support ended immediately.

All of that to get me to believe in a book that tells me I can't get into Heaven anyway?

Last edited by nimchimpsky; 04-20-2011 at 08:27 AM..

Old 04-20-2011, 08:23 AM

5,535 posts, read 7,105,410 times
Quote:
If the Bible was just imaginary. Why do we see it's prophecies being fulfilled in detail in our time? Can imaginary friends really predict the future?

The one and only bible "prophecy" that's been clearly fulfilled is cruelty to children.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:27 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
I KNEW IT!Another ronwyattoid.
The Wyatt frauds and NAMI frauds is all he has man!

Old 04-20-2011, 08:29 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
God is not looking at your disabilities from the outside. He is looking at the ones inside of you. God used the obvious outward disability to show the people that perfection is required to enter heaven. Everyone born into this world, has a spiritual disability. And until that disability is removed, no one enters heaven. And that is why Jesus tells us we need to be born again. We all need a spiritual rebirth to remove the spiritual disability, that seperates us from God.
Why does the Bible specify and list physical disabilities if what it's really about is spiritual ones?

FWIW, I do agree that what stands between us and God (in the sense of the eternal source of love and peace) is spiritual disability. But I just don't get the idea that that's what the Bible is saying.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:07 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,001,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Why does the Bible specify and list physical disabilities if what it's really about is spiritual ones?

FWIW, I do agree that what stands between us and God (in the sense of the eternal source of love and peace) is spiritual disability. But I just don't get the idea that that's what the Bible is saying.

It's not.But since he can't accept that the God the ancient Jews worhipped was thought to discrminate against the disabled and deformed,he has to find something,however implausible,to explain it all away.Or admit the Bible wasn't inspired by God.He can't accept either,so his brain short circuits from having to choose between opposing wrongs and spits out "It's all just symbolic of Heaven".

Like I have said many times,they will rewrite,change the rules,reinterpret things however they wish to avoid reality.There is not a shred of honest integrity in their approach.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:59 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
He can't accept either,so his brain short circuits from having to choose between opposing wrongs and spits out "It's all just symbolic of Heaven".
Which is rather a hoot considering how many times he has claimed that the Bible is the 'word' of his god and every bit of it is true.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:13 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Wyatt Archaeological Research Fraud Documentation (WAR, W.A.R.)

Debunking Christianity: Coming This Fall, "The Exodus Conspiracy" -- Dr. Lennart Moller resurrects Ron Wyatt's photograph of a gilded chariot wheel

Summary: The Exodus Revealed video, directed by Lad Allen and funded by Discovery (Institute?) Media Productions, is based on The Exodus Case book by Lennart Moller, which is based on the "discoveries" of Ron Wyatt. Both the video and the book include photos of a gold wheel supposedly found in the Gulf of Aqaba, presented as proof that the Bible's Red Sea crossing story is true. But a TV producer's wife "was told by one of Ron Wyatt's sons that the chariot wheels that Ron supposedly discovered in the Gulf of Aqaba were planted there by Ron." Also, John Baumgardner, who is a Christian and initially believed Wyatt and inspected Wyatt's Noah's ark "discovery", later wrote that "I am almost 100% certain that Ron 'planted' them [rivets on the Ark]." Despite this and much more evidence that Ron Wyatt was a crazy liar, both Lennart Moller and Lad Allen were insidiously dishonest in promoting Wyatt's "findings" without disclosing Wyatt's history of fraud. [See the link below for more on Wyatt, much more.
Mollers book was not about slaming Wyatt who had already passed away. And presenting evidence of he said, she said would be questionable at best. Nor was Dr. Mollers total evidence based on one gold wheel found by Wyatt. Mollers book is hundred of pages long. And again, it is not just Mollers team who has confirmed the two finding of the Red Sea crossing and Mt. Sinia. If you can ignore all the others who have provided us with video and still shots of the area. Then you are free to continually point at Wyatt and pretend it's only his evidence the discovery is based on. However, that belief would have little to do with the actual truth. Now days you must tie all the others in with an on going fraud. And that is going to be really hard to do. Unless you are willing to push some kind of conspiracy theory.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:39 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,001,789 times
Quote:
Mollers book was not about slaming Wyatt who had already passed away. And presenting evidence of he said, she said would be questionable at best. Nor was Dr. Mollers total evidence based on one gold wheel found by Wyatt. Mollers book is hundred of pages long. And again, it is not just Mollers team who has confirmed the two finding of the Red Sea crossing and Mt. Sinia. If you can ignore all the others who have provided us with video and still shots of the area. Then you are free to continually point at Wyatt and pretend it's only his evidence the discovery is based on. However, that belief would have little to do with the actual truth. Now days you must tie all the others in with an on going fraud. And that is going to be really hard to do. Unless you are willing to push some kind of conspiracy theory.

A conspiracy amongst fundie Christian explorers desperate to offer some shred of proof for biblical claims?No way man!!!They would never stoop to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality