Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 10:44 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,910,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
You have utterly missed the point of everything I said.
Which is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 07:51 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
As we all know atheist don't believe in God .. we do (religious people)
They don't believe in life after death ..we do ..
They don't believe in heaven and hell .. we do ..
But what if you are wrong ?
What if we are wrong too ?
If we are wrong then nothing well happen to us .. but if you are wrong you will go to hell
So as a matter of precaution Why don't you try to believe in God even theoretically ... Just try ... who knows !!
you have nothing to lose anyway don't you ?!!!
I see the exercise of logic and reason continued to drop abruptly here while I was gone. Sometimes there just aren't enough facepalms in the world to do what needs to be done. As has been previously mentioned, Pascal's Wager. You haven't thought up anything remotely new or original. Sorry, try again.

Let me ask you this: if you have children, and one of them said "Dad, I don't love you", would you murder that child? That's what Christianity teaches that their god does. Even if that god did exist, it's not worth worshipping.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:12 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
I see the exercise of logic and reason continued to drop abruptly here while I was gone. Sometimes there just aren't enough facepalms in the world to do what needs to be done. As has been previously mentioned, Pascal's Wager. You haven't thought up anything remotely new or original. Sorry, try again.

Let me ask you this: if you have children, and one of them said "Dad, I don't love you", would you murder that child? That's what Christianity teaches that their god does. Even if that god did exist, it's not worth worshipping.

Logic and reasoning just drop some more with that statement.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:53 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
[/b]

Logic and reasoning just drop some more with that statement.
Are you disagreeing that most Christians say their god is all-loving, merciful and compassionate; that his love is unconditional? That all one needs to do is accept him and love him back, and all is forgiven? That those who refuse to do so will end up either dead for all eternity or suffering in hell (depending on the sect of Christianity)?

If all those things happen to be true, then god's love and compassion is NOT unconditional, it is dependent on whether or not a human being loves him back.

Love me, or die. That's the message of the Christian god.

If we're all his "children", the analogy I made of a parent killing his child if the child says "I don't love you" is valid. No reasonable, logical, sane parent would ever kill a rebellious child, no matter how long the rebellion lasted. If as a human being, I have more compassion, love, and devotion to my child than the christian god has to the humans who are his "children", then I have more morals than that god. I am a better person than that god.

"LOVE ME, OR DIE."

That god, if he exists in the form that the christians attribute to him, is evil and does not deserve any sort of worship or love.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:08 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,224,434 times
Quote:
If we are wrong then nothing well happen to us .. but if you are wrong you will go to hell
So as a matter of precaution Why don't you try to believe in God even theoretically ... Just try ... who knows !!

Why do you assume that those are the only 2 possibilities......that either YOUR god exists, or he doesn't?

What if the "one true god" is not the christian god? What if he gives second chances to those who did not worship any gods, but eternally punishes those who praised and worshiped other gods?

Anyways, aren't christians taking a huge risk of committing idolatry by holding jesus as coequal to God (Jehovah) Himself? The "trinity" in unbiblical is considered to be idolatry by all of the other Abrahamic religions (Judaism and Islam) and even some christian denominations as well. Yahweh is a jealous god who does not take idolatry lightly. It appears that you are taking just as much of a risk (or more) in your beliefs.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:05 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
Quote:
Let me get this straight, "god is so stupid that all I have to do is pretend to believe in it to get into heaven????" Now.....I have difficulty believing in any of the gods, and, even if I did believe in one, it would not be one so easily fooled.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:37 AM

570 posts, read 733,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
No I dont believe in allah or any god.

I dont know, I wasn't there. But I certainly dont follow the god poof adam nonsense!!!
Here is a little reading for you.

Evolution: Humans: Humankind
We weren't there when the Crusade invaded Jerusalem in 1098 or when Armstrong took the first step on the Moon but that does't mean it didn't happen .
Nooo .. not the theory of the monkey man again
If that theory was right then evolution would have transformed us into superheros by now .. I wonder why apps still exist ?! Why they did't turn into humans like the others
I don't know about you but I am sure my ancestors were't Monkeys

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 04-23-2011 at 06:47 AM..

Old 04-23-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Then you agree thar what you said ("Limited-term" God) was false. You're very fond of making false statements aren't you?

Wrong! Your ignorance is showing...again.

Nothing. I was just debunking yet another of your false statements.

Frankly my dear, I couldn't give a damn.
ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
No comment

Old 04-23-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Your ignorance is astounding, but not surprising, in light of the FACT that most "Christians" don't take the time to study other religious beliefs. If one did take the time, they might find that the teachings of Buddha and Jesus are very similar.
Thanx ... you are very nice , by the way .. I am a Muslim not Christians .

Old 04-23-2011, 07:30 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
Quote:
Nooo .. not the theory of the monkey man again
If that theory was right then evolution would have transformed us into superheros by now ..
Evolution isn't required to continue at a certain rate of what we would consider progress. Humans survive and quite thoroughly thrive in our current, flawed, non-superhero form. When the day comes that we have to be "superheroes" to survive, we'll probably go extinct (depending on what your definition of "superhero is).

Quote:
I wonder why apps still exist ?! Why they did't turn into humans like the others
I don't know about you but I am sure my ancestors were't Monkeys
Chimpanzees, gorillas, orangutans, etc still exist because we didn't come from them. They had an ancestor which was different than their current forms just as we had an ancestor that was different than our current form. And even if we had come from, say, chimps, that doesn't necessarily mean that chimps should be extinct now, since they are pretty good at continuing to survive as a species. Though more likely, we and chimps share some common ancestor which eventually evolved into two quite different looking (but not actually so different) apes.

And you don't have to believe your ancestors were monkeys. Just don't research your ancestors any further back than a few million years, and you'll be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality