Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 10:00 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,436,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
When I said the Bible I was speaking of Leviticus 18:22

You must not have sexual relations with a man as you would a woman that is a hateful sin.

In that verse, there is no mention of rape or consensual sex.

However if you want to ignore Leviticus 18:22. I could see why one would want to create a new arguement.
I don't wish to ignore anything,I addressed what you said...it's not my fault it's not what you meant.You could of just said that you mis-spoke,which would have ended the issue for me.Instead you chose to say I twisted your words,which I didn't.....and even now that you admit having mis-spoke you still wish to accuse me of trying to start a new argument because I simply addressed something you said that you didn't mean.

You also chose to ignore my followup response which I restricted to the book of leviticus,[although not just one verse i'd mined for],about how many people love to quote leviticus when it suits their agenda....and ignore the countless things most of us are guilty of violating to some degree found within the same book.

Perhaps campbell you are 'worthy to throw stones' at other sinners...ooopps now i've changed the argument again by jumping to the new testament....my bad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 10:01 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,868,840 times
Quote:
When I said the Bible I was speaking of Leviticus 18:22
Then what you should have said was 'Leviticus says nothing about rape'. If you say 'the Bible says nothing about rape' then you are clearly indicating that you are speaking about the Bible as a whole. Words are important to most of us Campo...not so much to you I know...but to most of us.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:03 PM

7,077 posts, read 12,355,764 times
Quote:
You must not have sexual relations with a man as you would a woman that is a hateful sin.
http://delusionaltruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/hated-it.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-26-2011, 12:07 AM

19 posts, read 52,050 times
Campbell34 is so homophobic its disgusting! She pretends she is a Christian but in fact she is no better then the Nazis who persecuted gays during world war 2. I am sick and tired of these religious fanatics that believe everything in the Bible should taken literally and justify their hatred of gays by misquoting biblical scriptures! Men wrote the Bible not God! Therefore, the Bible is full of fairy tales!

Old 04-26-2011, 12:35 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,975,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
I don't wish to ignore anything,I addressed what you said...it's not my fault it's not what you meant.You could of just said that you mis-spoke,which would have ended the issue for me.Instead you chose to say I twisted your words,which I didn't.....and even now that you admit having mis-spoke you still wish to accuse me of trying to start a new argument because I simply addressed something you said that you didn't mean.

You also chose to ignore my followup response which I restricted to the book of leviticus,[although not just one verse i'd mined for],about how many people love to quote leviticus when it suits their agenda....and ignore the countless things most of us are guilty of violating to some degree found within the same book.

Perhaps campbell you are 'worthy to throw stones' at other sinners...ooopps now i've changed the argument again by jumping to the new testament....my bad

Pointing out a clear Biblical teaching is not throwing stones. And what I orginally stated would of been understood by most, if they had not wanted to turn away from the orginal arguement. Yet it appers to me, you were all to happy to go in a different direction. I quoted Leviticus because it is a Biblical agenda, and it is an agenda that I believe. We are all guilty of something. Yet the topic is on religious people and homosexuality. And it appears to me you would love to go to another topic. And that is why you are now suggesting that I have ignored countless other things. Again, the topic is on religious people and homosexuality. Not countless other things.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:54 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,975,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauledward View Post
Campbell34 is so homophobic its disgusting! She pretends she is a Christian but in fact she is no better then the Nazis who persecuted gays during world war 2. I am sick and tired of these religious fanatics that believe everything in the Bible should taken literally and justify their hatred of gays by misquoting biblical scriptures! Men wrote the Bible not God! Therefore, the Bible is full of fairy tales!

In case you were wondering. I don't hate anyone. I do believe the Bible. And it appears that is a problem for you. I did not misquote the Bible. Nor did I misquote Leviticus 18:22.

"You must not have sexual relations with a man as you would a woman that is a hateful sin."

Anyone who walks away from that verse with some other meaning will be the one who is doing the misquoting.

The Bible was written by inspired men of God. And that is why the prophecies of the Bible are being fulfilled literally. Scripture tells us that near the end of time the Jewish people would begin to return to the land of Israel, and Jerusalem. It tells us that their return would anger many nations. Now there is nothing fairy tale about that. It is happening. And in fact Sir Issac Newton who believe the prophecies of the Bible told us 250 years ago, that this would happen before the year 2060. Newton based his belief on the Bible. And we now know that Newton was right, and the Bible was correct.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:36 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,538,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
The question was asked, answers were given. Those who answer in a manner against the "gay agenda" are attacked - which was the orginal, intended purpose of this thread.

"Tolerance for everyone, except those who do not think like I do" - the mantra of gays and liberals.
IF the definition fits then at least have the balls to "wear it" along with your obvious agenda>>>>>>>

Homophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homophobia: The Fear Behind The Hatred

Old 04-26-2011, 07:26 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,395,337 times
Quote:
I suggest you start answering a few obvious questions. Like where were those temples built when the Children of Israel were wandering in the wilderness for 40 years?
They were in Canaan of course. Which you would know if you had actually read Leviticus.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:34 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,395,337 times
Quote:
I misspoke there Jaymax. Of course you were only to happy to point that out. Knowing full well that I ment to say Mount Sinai. Yet with that knowledge you still failed to answer my question. So were were those temples located. Were they on the top of Mt. Sinai or at the bottom of the mountain? Or were they in the wilderness?
How is it MY responsibility to "know full well" when you "mispeak"?

You seem to do it quite a lot in my opinion. So who is to know the difference between when you've accidently made a mistake or when you are just incorrect in your statements?

As I just posted - If you had READ Leviticus, you would know the answer to your own question. The temples and shrines were in Canaan.

Male temple prostitutes were "qadesh" in Hebrew - as mentioned in Deuteronomy 23:17.

Did you miss where I said all the commands in Lev 20 that have death penalties are repeated almost word for word in Deuteronomy. EXCEPT for the one you quote (Lev 20:13) as supposedly being against homosexuals. Why do you think that one wasn't repeated, yet a verse condemning male temple prostitutes was?
Because they were referring to the same thing.

If you don't believe me, I suggest you do a little biblical research. Which is something you obviously haven't done when it comes to this topic.

How can you pretend to have any sort of educated opinion on this topic when you haven't even read the book of Leviticus? All of it. Or Deuteronomy.

Last edited by Ceist; 04-26-2011 at 07:44 AM..

Old 04-26-2011, 07:38 AM

25,967 posts, read 22,149,005 times
This is a link to a very touching video that I came across last night on the Awaken Manhattan website: video - Brent - I was very impressed with this young man and find that he is very brave to step forward with his message. The website is actually very good. The message is not one of dislike or hate that is being pushed by the gay community (I often wonder if you hate yourself if you don't feel that everyone else hates you?). Since I find that homosexual acts are immoral and against God's laws, I would chose not to have practicing homosexuals as people in my life. It just appears that trying to force people to accept you as you are - emphasis force - may not be the best approach and will only make people angry and that may be what you see as "dislike".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality