Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2011, 11:31 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,503,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Well, that's just about the dumbest site I've ever seen trying to refute atheism.

You do realize don't you, that atheism is ONLY the disbelief in a deity. That's it! Nothing more, nothing less. It makes no statement about the origin of the universe, or anything else that you've so naively listed.

Major, utter, complete FAIL.
Was starting to wonder when someone would bring that up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 01:59 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
Atheists always boast that they only believe in science and logic
well .. let's put that statement to the test
1 - Atheism violates the first law of Newton
The first law of Newton says that "an object at rest will stay at rest and an object in steady motion tends to stay in motion unless acted upon by an external force (static or dynamic)."
So there must be an external force that made the Big Bang to happen at that very moment and forced the universe to begin at that very moment.
2 - Atheism violates the first law of thermodynamics
Law of Conservation of energy or what is known as the first law of thermodynamics says ((matter/energy cannot be created nor can it be destroyed.)) If we contemplate in this law, we come to conclusion that the universe cannot exist. According to this law, the universe does not exist or it's present in the presence of the Creator.
3 - Atheism violates the second law of thermodynamics
The second law of thermodynamic says that the universe is now heading towards thermal death when the temperature of all organisms and particles becomes equal. So the universe as scientists say is heading toward disintegration, towards demolition, towards cooling and towards thermal death “thermal death of universe”, while atheism says that the universe is moving towards complexity and towards building a struggle to develop. So scholars consider the second law of thermodynamic to carry the end of Darwinism and selective evolution. And these are laws, not theories.. so the science on the side while atheism and Darwinism are completely on the other side .
The list contain 20 contradictions ..very interesting .. you should check it
Deep talk about atheism
Naaaaaaah!! Never mind that noise!

The REAL contradiction between Atheism and Science is this:
I notice it is rather common for scientists to align themselves with Atheism.
What a contrast!! Science is so vastly powerful in the arena of world influence...but Atheism contradicts science by being pretty much nuthin' in that regard.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:11 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
Or maybe you were hatched?
Actually, I do!

As for the "hatched" comment, grow up!

Old 04-29-2011, 06:13 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,944,235 times
guys it is like 20 on 2 in this thread. maybe it is time to put our hands behind our collective back, whistle, and walk away.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:18 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Sometimes I wonder if atheists have an original thought in their head. You guys just parrot the party line. Riducle the poster, yet fail to offer a single intellegent counter claim.

Faith building stuff IMO
Gee, I suppose Atheists and Christians do have a little common ground after all! Go figure...

Old 04-29-2011, 06:19 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,716,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
You won't hear what's coming through the radio waves if the radio is turned off. You pick up God through your person. If you're not "turned on", you won't feel the presence of God.
Please describe specifically how to do this. I can do so for radio waves, so if your analogy means anything it should be easy for you to provide a simple way to definitively test for god. No room for "if you didn't feel it, you didn't try hard enough", no "well that's not how god works", no whining. If this god is as real as radio waves, let's test it out and see what happens.

Quote:
I can introduce you to plenty of people who have felt God, but since their instrument is their body, there's no way for them to "prove" it to you in the way you want them to.
I can introduce you to plenty of people who are turned on to the possibility of god but have not experienced it. Would you find them persuasive evidence that god's not real? If not, there's no reason to expect that your "proof" would be acceptable to anyone either.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:45 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Please describe specifically how to do this. I can do so for radio waves, so if your analogy means anything it should be easy for you to provide a simple way to definitively test for god. No room for "if you didn't feel it, you didn't try hard enough", no "well that's not how god works", no whining. If this god is as real as radio waves, let's test it out and see what happens.

I can introduce you to plenty of people who are turned on to the possibility of god but have not experienced it. Would you find them persuasive evidence that god's not real? If not, there's no reason to expect that your "proof" would be acceptable to anyone either.
AGAIN...a "blind" (right-brain perception deficient) person telling the 90% of the people who are "sighted" (right-brain perceptive) that, "there is nothing to see"...and using as "proof", the fact that they can't see it.
Then offering as further "verification" of their contention that "there is nothing to see"...that they could introduce you to plenty of other "blind" people who tried to see, but couldn't.

This is a prime example of the demonstration of "deliberate ignorance", that is oft mentioned on this forum.

You need to be "sighted" to be able to "see"...if you aren't, you can't. You need to get hip to that.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:57 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
It would be interesting to know how you know all these people are what you call "right brain deficient'
You've conducted tests?

Old 04-29-2011, 08:00 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,503,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It would be interesting to know how you know all these people are what you call "right brain deficient'
You've conducted tests?
Gldn removed his brain, allowed himself to become religious.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:01 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,894,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
AGAIN...a "blind" (right-brain perception deficient) person telling the 90% of the people who are "sighted" (right-brain perceptive) that, "there is nothing to see"...and using as "proof", the fact that they can't see it.
Then offering as further "verification" of their contention that "there is nothing to see"...that they could introduce you to plenty of other "blind" people who tried to see, but couldn't.

This is a prime example of the demonstration of "deliberate ignorance", that is oft mentioned on this forum.

You need to be "sighted" to be able to "see"...if you aren't, you can't. You need to get hip to that.
I was very religious for 30 years. I "saw". I was "spiritually tuned in". I "knew God". I "saw His hand" in everything. I spoke to Him through prayer many times throughout every day. I believed God worked miracles through me. I "saw" and felt the "love of God" so intensely. I lived in the mindset of a believer and perceived things and understood events as believers do.

Then, I came to realize, it was all just an illusion, every bit of it. I am not "blind", I can flip into "spiritual believer" mode at anytime. But, now I see better than those who claim they are sighted. I see the whole "spiritual sight" for what it truly is, not what "sighted believers" think it is.

So, to my fellow atheists, I say, as one who has been on both sides, and knows exactly what the believers are talking about, because I was once just as in tune as the best the them, what they think is real isn't real. They misperceive the source of what they think they "see". What they see are nothing more than illusions. So, don't worry that you can't see the illusions they see. If you are blind to illusions, consider yourself gifted.

I realize that this may be one of the harsher posts I have made, but it makes me angry when believers call non-believers blind. A better analogy than a blind person and a sighted person would be a person who hallucinates and one who does not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality