Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 09:13 AM

2 posts, read 7,585 times

Advertisements

I have several friends and neighbors who are "Christian". When I say that I mean they were born and raised that way but few believe it.

They openly admit that most in their church have a LOT of doubt about the religion. 80% of churches in America are shrinking and doubt is at an all time high.

Even the Pope has talked about the slow death of Christianity in the west.

When I talk to my Christian friends about the 2nd coming they LAUGH!! Most say if it were real it would've already happened by now!! Remember all the Christian groups who went to Palestine in 2000 expecting Jesus to come? That really worked out.

The very fact that the bible does NOT give a date only shows they have NO confidence in it. If they REALLY believed this Jesus was coming back why not have the confidence to give a date? They dont' because they KNEW he would NOT come and the religion would die off as a FRAUD!

My Christian friends say the 2nd coming probably has another meaning that literally coming back. I take it many of you Christians must agree right?

I mean the odds of Jesus arriving on earth are the same as Space Godzilla landing on earth. It ain't happening!!

Old 05-09-2011, 09:21 AM

488 posts, read 1,251,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayCoolJr View Post
I have several friends and neighbors who are "Christian". When I say that I mean they were born and raised that way but few believe it.

They openly admit that most in their church have a LOT of doubt about the religion. 80% of churches in America are shrinking and doubt is at an all time high.

When I talk to my Christian friends about the 2nd coming they LAUGH!! Most say if it were real it would've already happened by now!! Remember all the Christian groups who went to Palestine in 2000 expecting Jesus to come? That really worked out.

The very fact that the bible does NOT give a date only shows they have NO confidence in it. If they REALLY believed this Jesus was coming back why not have the confidence to give a date? They dont' because they KNEW he would NOT come and the religion would die off as a FRAUD!

My Christian friends say the 2nd coming probably has another meaning that literally coming back. I take it many of you Christians must agree right?

I mean the odds of Jesus arriving on earth are the same as Space Godzilla landing on earth. It ain't happening!!
You're wrong my friend, Jesus is coming back and this is the final generation, if you are unsure, why not study the Bible and spend time with Jesus?

I feel I am talking to a brick wall, however, you may want to check this:

www.signsofthetimes777.webs.com (http://www.signsofthetimes777.webs.com - broken link)

www.signsofthetimes777-endtimeschart.webs.com (http://www.signsofthetimes777-endtimeschart.webs.com - broken link)

www.thefinal7yearsareherenow.com

TABLE OF CONTENTS: Urgent Messages From the LORD JESUS “I AM Coming”

Old 05-09-2011, 09:29 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,524,353 times
Well, if we expect His imminent return and He doesn't come before we die, we just go on to His presence. It's a win/win for us.

But, if He DOES come, where are you?

Old 05-09-2011, 09:38 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times
Quote:

For someone who is supposedly way cool, you seem to be awfully worked up over this. Honestly, why on earth do you care what someone else believes? Isn't that a tremendous waste of energy on your part? I mean, I believe that Jesus Christ is going to return someday, but it's certainly not something I'm obsessed over. If I didn't believe it but you did, it wouldn't matter to me in the slightest.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:46 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,800 times
Quote:

Many admit that the time frame in which they try to predict it has no real merit, they try not to admit it and finally just keep saying coming soon over and over while qualifying their prediction by saying it is not a prediction while giving a time or a range of time in which it may occur while still trying to maintain that they "KNOW" "FOR SURE".

With that said, there is also a lot of opinion on what Jesus return actually is, I tend to see it more as a personal awakening to the spirit rather than an event that we must look to the literal skies to wait for.

But for you to say you know he will never return is engaging in the same type of argumentative structure as the ones your making this post about. So really there is about as much substance in your post as the ones you want to convince.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:05 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,853,575 times
Fear not folks. We atheist are betting on POE.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:07 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,002,075 times
[quote=WayCoolJr;19075739]Moderator cut: Orphaned
Dude, calm down a little. As a non-christian myself, I agree with the idea Jesus' second coming is not happening either (and never did) and that it came about as part of the package deal of the myth that built up around him.

Now, as a word of advice and warning since it seems you are new to these parts, you gotta come with some better tact and a better approach than that. It seems like you believe that some of these folks have never heard any of your arguments, but most have. In addition, humans generally hear the tone of what's coming out of your mouth (in this case, fingers) than they do the message. You're not going to win many friends or change many minds with the tone in which you write. In fact, I'll be VERY surprised if this threads lasts through the end of the day. Just rewind, tone it down a few nothces, develop some tact and diplomacy and you just might get some listening ears but be prepared to back up your claims.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:18 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,330,896 times
Such foolish talk, from such foolish people. I have said this before, I will repeat it one more time. Do you recall what happened on the First Day of this past winter. Full lunar eclypse, where the moon turned red as blood. And, marked by an earthquake on either side of this celestrial event. A 6.5 in Iran and a 7.4 earthquake off the coast of Japan. Then a 7.0 earthquake on Christmas Day.
Now, do you remember what happened on New Years Eve all over the world. I attended Benediction Mass at 11pm. I went before the alter with My Bible in hand turned to the congregation and spoke very Truthful words that concern Me and My Truths and at that moment, 5000 birds fell from the sky, 2 million fish washed ashore and these kind of heavenly events happened all over the world. And, if you want to know exactly what I said then read My post that is in the Religion and philosophy forum.
Furthermore, over a month ago I posted on facebook a prediction on a local weatherman's post what would happen in the South in America.
Here is Scripture pointing to My Truths; Zechariah 9:14
And the Lord shall be seen over them, and His arrow shall go forth as the lightning;and the Lord God shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with the Whirlwind of the South. This is under the heading, Restoration under the Messiah.
Here is a blog that I wrote of My Truths
Salvation
Now, get over yourselves, your foolishness.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:21 AM

On Earth the Witness to the True Christ is Spirit, water and blood.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:25 AM

A short time ago a 5.0 earthquake occured a few miles from Christchurch, NZ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality