Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 03:10 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
The bible does say he was a preacher of righteousness which infers a couple of things...

Sorry to do this to you, mate, but I've seen too much of this on the fora lately.

Learn The Difference Between "Imply" and "Infer"

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-12-2011 at 04:57 AM.. Reason: Question about UR vs ET is off topic

Old 05-10-2011, 03:19 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Does it really matter?

Old 05-10-2011, 03:41 PM

659 posts, read 1,102,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Sorry to do this to you, mate, but I've seen too much of this on the fora lately.

A question to believers: I don't believe, but I live my life by "Christian" values because I see it as a good/polite/proper/whatever way to live. Love thy neighbor, do unto others, thou shalt not steal, etc. are all very good ideas, IMO. So, I'm not a believer, but I live in a manner that Christians would. Am I condemned to Hell?
According to the Universal Redemption type Christians, you are not, because Christ's sacrifice on the cross redeemed all mankind for all time. According to the fundies, you absolutely are because, per John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father except through me (i.e. explicit belief in Jesus)."

So even among the believers, there's disagreement.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:01 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
You're wrong my friend, Jesus is coming back and this is the final generation, if you are unsure, why not study the Bible and spend time with Jesus?

I feel I am talking to a brick wall, however, you may want to check this:

www.signsofthetimes777.webs.com (http://www.signsofthetimes777.webs.com - broken link)

www.signsofthetimes777-endtimeschart.webs.com (http://www.signsofthetimes777-endtimeschart.webs.com - broken link)

www.thefinal7yearsareherenow.com

TABLE OF CONTENTS: Urgent Messages From the LORD JESUS “I AM Coming”
How many "final generations" do we have to go through before you guys realize it's a load of BS?

Bro Camping is absolutely sure it is May 21, but of course, it won't be on May 21 or any other day.

Jesus, like you, and me and everyone else, was born, lived and died. Nobdy rose from the dead, or will rise from the dead, or come flying out of graves or whatever psychobabble your thump-thump book tells you will happen.

My suggestion is man-up, accept your mortality and make the best of the life you have. When death comes, you will be ready and accept it.

Enough of the thump-thump BS

Old 05-10-2011, 04:40 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
How many "final generations" do we have to go through before you guys realize it's a load of BS?

Bro Camping is absolutely sure it is May 21, but of course, it won't be on May 21 or any other day.

Jesus, like you, and me and everyone else, was born, lived and died. Nobdy rose from the dead, or will rise from the dead, or come flying out of graves or whatever psychobabble your thump-thump book tells you will happen.

My suggestion is man-up, accept your mortality and make the best of the life you have. When death comes, you will be ready and accept it.

The problem is when Jesus said this generation will not pass away until all end prophecies would be fulfilled. Often such people as yourself forget to consider the parable of the fig tree. It simply goes over your head. Just as you ignore the return of the Jewish people to Israel and Jerusalem today, and the prophecies that proclaim it. When Jesus tells those around Him that some would not die untill they see His return. You ignore the vision some of those around Him had right after that. Simply stated. Your clueless. Camping is also clueless, because Jesus tells us no one will know (THE DAY OR THE HOUR OF HIS RETURN). So Camping can forget about the May 21, date. My suggestion to you is read your Bible, and don't skip over the main parts.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:43 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavemaster View Post
According to the Universal Redemption type Christians, you are not, because Christ's sacrifice on the cross redeemed all mankind for all time. According to the fundies, you absolutely are because, per John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father except through me (i.e. explicit belief in Jesus)."

So even among the believers, there's disagreement.

There is only disagreement, because the Universal types pull verses out of context and ignore the verses that do not agree with their view. Anyone who reads the full text will not accept Universal Redemption.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:41 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post

Whenever a certain date is emphasized, especially when it uses an occultic number such as 21, wonder why especially when it deals with Christian "churches." I believe this guy camp is a fraud. It clearly says in scripture Yahushua comes as a thief in the night. It says he doesn't even know but only the father, but this camp guy figured it out? I really wish people wouldn't be so blind to follow the blind.

The occult sets dates. Christians look at patterns. We can look at their dates. So is something bad going to happen on the 21st? Could be. If there saying "Day of the Lord" than that's pretty big. It could also be used to pull believers away from the faith. <<very possible.

These people will definitely play with the timing. There are still a number of events that need to fall into place before that day. I do believe we are on the verge other tragedies sadly. If you look up the "Madrid Fault Line," you'll see the army corp of engineers set off explosives at the levee. Now we're watching the flooding of the fault. It could very well blow sometime soon. There also could be wars on the horizon. Bad things could be happening around the 21st. I sure hope not though.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:48 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times
Quote:

A question to believers: I don't believe, but I live my life by "Christian" values because I see it as a good/polite/proper/whatever way to live. Love thy neighbor, do unto others, thou shalt not steal, etc. are all very good ideas, IMO. So, I'm not a believer, but I live in a manner that Christians would. Am I condemned to Hell?
John 3

1There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

9Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

11Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

12If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Brother it's all about selling yourself out to the messiah Yahushua. Many proclaimed "Christians" will not be where they want.

Matthew 7:13-14 (King James Version)

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The good news is that there still is time. Our creator wants us with him, but we need to accept the provisions he's made for us to do so. Sell out to the messiah by calling out the name of Yahushua. Baptize yourself in full water submersion symbolizing death to the old self and resurrected to the new. It is a personal relationship of service not a series of rituals.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:56 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,620,379 times
Quote:

Not at all!!! I love to learn as much as possible everyday, so, thanks for the link! (I dropped out in the 4th grade, no joke...)

Quote:
Does not apply.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:57 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,620,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Hmm...
Okay, it implies certain things....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality