Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 05:43 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,083,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The problem is when Jesus said this generation will not pass away until all end prophecies would be fulfilled. Often such people as yourself forget to consider the parable of the fig tree. It simply goes over your head. Just as you ignore the return of the Jewish people to Israel and Jerusalem today, and the prophecies that proclaim it. When Jesus tells those around Him that some would not die untill they see His return. You ignore the vision some of those around Him had right after that. Simply stated. Your clueless. Camping is also clueless, because Jesus tells us no one will know (THE DAY OR THE HOUR OF HIS RETURN). So Camping can forget about the May 21, date. My suggestion to you is read your Bible, and don't skip over the main parts.
Whodathunkit? For once Campbell, you've said something I don't completely disagree with.

According to the stories, it should have happened nearly 2,000 years ago...so everyone crowing about 'return' is SOL. Either it already happened and they've missed the boat (pun intended), or this minor historical figure who gave the appearance of being little more than a psychotic revolutionary was a trumped up fraud that died and turned to dust like everyone else and is never coming back.

Either way, those sitting around looking at their watches are in for a rude surprise.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:54 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Not at all!!! I love to learn as much as possible everyday, so, thanks for the link! (I dropped out in the 4th grade, no joke...)...

Moderator cut: delete Well, bravo to you, sir. You express yourself in writing better than LOTS of people I know with Bachelor's Degrees hanging on their walls.

So, the belief in Jesus as our savior is far more important than how you actually live your life, then? Interesting...

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-12-2011 at 04:53 AM.. Reason: language

Old 05-11-2011, 09:58 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Holy crap! Well, bravo to you, sir. You express yourself in writing better than LOTS of people I know with Bachelor's Degrees hanging on their walls.

So, the belief in Jesus as our savior is far more important than how you actually live your life, then? Interesting...
It has everything to do with a way of life following in the footsteps of the messiah Yahushua. Yahushua calls out Hypocrites (seven times) - Matt 23:13-15,23,25,27,29 in scripture.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:09 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
It has everything to do with a way of life following in the footsteps of the messiah Yahushua. Yahushua calls out Hypocrites (seven times) - Matt 23:13-15,23,25,27,29 in scripture.

But, if I ask for forgiveness and am sincere in my repentance, I get in. No?

However, if I have nothing to ask forgiveness for, but simply don't believe Jesus is our savior, I don't get in. On the face of it, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Does it?

Old 05-11-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:

However, if I have nothing to ask forgiveness for, but simply don't believe Jesus is our savior, I don't get in. On the face of it, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Does it?
It's a lot more than asking for things. It's doing things. Doing things against our natural desires of the flesh. Conquering the flesh and pursuing the spirit. These things are like walking upstream in white water. It's not easy.

What is in our heart manifests in actions. Elohim knows the heart. We follow what he says, and we'll be fine. That's what "Christian" should be. It has become an organizational/political label with multitudes of denominational labels. The majority have fallen away from the authority of the scriptures.

It's not about playing "church." In fact there's evidence many churches have been infiltrated and will lead the coming flood of apostasy predicted in the scriptures. It's all about how you live your life.

Last edited by Mikelee81; 05-11-2011 at 10:33 AM..

Old 05-11-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:

Yahushua HaMashiac was the creator Yahuwah of the old testament manifest in the flesh. Son of man due to descendant from Adam (through the bloodline of Mary), and Son of God as Mary was conceived of the Holy Spirit. The only Begotten son of the Father as he was the creator manifest in the flesh. To accept him is to accept the creator, and his provision for our sin. To deny him is to deny the creator. All that deny won't be covered by the lamb (messiah.) According to scripture, no man can stand without the covering of the messiah.

The provision is to accept Yahushua by commiting allegiance to him by following his teachings. Baptisim of water by full submersion represents death to the self of old (flesh) and rebirth to the new self (spirit.) The Ruach, Holy Spirit will then reside in you. This is what is called being born again. It involves repentance, which is turning from sin towards righteousness defined in the scriptures. Then you commit your life to following Elohim, through persecution, to the point of death. His gospel brings division. He was crucified. So was many of his apostles. He was the most anti-religious person to ever walk this planet. He turned over the money changer tables in the synagogue (which was supposedly honoring him.) The religious establishment doesn't like that loss of control. The inquisition and reformation are evidence of that.

Last edited by Mikelee81; 05-11-2011 at 10:37 AM..

Old 05-11-2011, 10:47 AM

7,077 posts, read 12,351,883 times
WHEN will U Christians admit the 2nd coming is MYTH and Jesus is NEVER coming back?

I'm still waiting for proof that he actually came the first time...

Old 05-11-2011, 10:59 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,555,015 times
[quote=InsaneInDaMembrane;19076007]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayCoolJr View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
Dude, calm down a little. As a non-christian myself, I agree with the idea Jesus' second coming is not happening either (and never did) and that it came about as part of the package deal of the myth that built up around him.

Now, as a word of advice and warning since it seems you are new to these parts, you gotta come with some better tact and a better approach than that. It seems like you believe that some of these folks have never heard any of your arguments, but most have. In addition, humans generally hear the tone of what's coming out of your mouth (in this case, fingers) than they do the message. You're not going to win many friends or change many minds with the tone in which you write. In fact, I'll be VERY surprised if this threads lasts through the end of the day. Just rewind, tone it down a few nothces, develop some tact and diplomacy and you just might get some listening ears but be prepared to back up your claims.
Good reply. I just had a discussion in one of the atheist forum. In one case someone said it is like rubbing it on their nose for a Christian to say something in their forum.
Now, we have what seems to be an atheist coming to this forum to snub it on peoples nose. I am not saying some Christians are also tactless as the individual you address.
Good comment, take care.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
WHEN will U Christians admit the 2nd coming is MYTH and Jesus is NEVER coming back?

I'm still waiting for proof that he actually came the first time...

YouTube - Did Jesus Exist? 1 of 4

The evidence is there. You just need to look.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:10 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,555,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post

YouTube - Did Jesus Exist? 1 of 4

The evidence is there. You just need to look.
Even though I do not believe in the Bible I will say your reply is good. He is waiting. Well, don't wait and seek. Maybe he will find out there is no second coming or maybe he will.
Some people in life are proactive and others are passive. Proactive people tend to be the ones achieving more and learning more. I suppose he need to get up and look, not just be sitting and waiting, he may miss a train somewhere LOL, take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality