Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the greatest threat to Christianity?
Islam 7 7.78%
Judaism 1 1.11%
Hinduism 0 0%
Atheism 12 13.33%
Other 70 77.78%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 08:20 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,564,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
The point I'M making, is that: If for nothing more than Christianity and Islam, religion WILL dominate over non-religion.

I have my opinion whether this is a good or a bad thing...but it is the REAL thing, no matter.

Many that don't like Theism...and especially the main organized religions... like to pretend that isn't the way it actually is...so they can delude themselves that the world is the way they would like it to be, rather than what it is, and is going to be, in that regard.
They can't stand the fact that IT DOESN'T MATTER if you can or can't "objectively prove" the doctrine and stories of Christianity and Islam...the FACT remains that: The influence of ALL the other concepts of everything else, about anything else, collectively, on the people of this world...doesn't add up to a drop in the ocean by comparison.
THAT'S the REAL FACT of the matter...and that the Atheists don't like that, won't do a thing to change it.
Of course it could not be the theists who are wrong and what they believe doesn't matter, could it? Regardless of what they want everyone else to believe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 10:01 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,661,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Of course it could not be the theists who are wrong and what they believe doesn't matter, could it? Regardless of what they want everyone else to believe?
Let me give you an analogy: Regardless of all the scientific meteorological evidence against it...I have most people BELIEVING FOR SURE that it is going to snow 2 feet tomorrow in NY City, USA.
Now...how is the FACT that it isn't going to snow at all, let alone two feet, going to effect shovel sales if most people believe it's going to snow 2 feet anyway?
See what I mean now?

It doesn't matter if Theists are wrong and Atheists are right...or if Atheists are wrong and Theists are right...as respects the effect on the world that 98% of the people that have ever lived embraced Theism!
That a small minority are NonBelievers doesn't mean squat, even if they were/are totally "right"! The FACT that the vast majority DID/DO believe GUARANTEES what they believe IS going to matter!

Try telling the people that were in the WTC on 9-11-2001 that, "It doesn't matter what the Muslims believe, because the Atheists are absolutely sure they are wrong". And I bet the guy that owns the matzo distributorship during Passover thinks it matters what the Jews believe...regardless of the Atheist determination of their belief lacking accuracy or merit.

Answer this, then you will "get it": What would you rather have as your income this year---The money spent printing and distributing copies of the Bible, copies of the Quran, or copies of Hawkings books?

Old 06-01-2011, 10:13 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
I don't thnik that Christianity is any more endangered than at any time in the past.Therte are groups and individauls who attack it but that has always been true. It has and will outlast everything but mankind itself.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:34 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,105,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I don't thnik that Christianity is any more endangered than at any time in the past.Therte are groups and individauls who attack it but that has always been true. It has and will outlast everything but mankind itself.
I disagree. Actually the eventsof the past were also from within.The heresies the gnostics, the great schism, the crusades, the Holy Roman empire, the Inquisition, the Reformation, the fundamental Evangelical movement, the rise of Charismatic Christianity.

Actual Christianity died many centuries ago, what exists today are disorganized, rival groups that call themselves Christians,

Christianity is dead, destroyed from within. The sparks flying around today are dieing embers. As they spread and disassociate further from what was once a fire, they too will burn out.

A new group calling themselves Christian seems to be the current replacement for Christianity and it is spreading fast throughout the Christian world. It will most likely be the next concept of what people far from Christianity think Christianity is.

No outside force is needed to destroy Christianity, it has done so itself, quite thoroughly and what we see today is stomping out from within. any memory of Christianity.

My only concern is that these dieing embers seem to be replacing love with hatred and are seeking scapegoats to blame, which are any non-Christians and any non White person. Although their hatred of Islam is the most visible, the almost hidden hatred of Jews, Hindus, Atheists, homosexuals and non-white people just may be the most insidious.

These may be previews of the new Christianity.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 06-01-2011 at 11:49 AM..

Old 06-01-2011, 03:36 PM

33,567 posts, read 37,175,863 times
The things that threaten Christianity are the same things that threaten all religions....Truth and reason.

Woodrow the videos you posted are in no way indicative of the majority Christians,

The face of Islam today is a lot scarier...

YouTube - ‪Muslim protest in London‬‏

YouTube - ‪Radical Muslims Protest at Westminster Cathedral‬‏

Old 06-01-2011, 04:43 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,577,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Sure, here you are. It's a long read that should keep you busy all day but you will find out all about resurrected man-gods of the past like Bel, Marduk and a few others here.
Bel the Christ of Ancient Times Copy
Hm, it's another one of those Edwardian era enthusiast type deals. Well at least he has a more solid backing and I haven't found anything of him being a Theosophist evangelizer. (Yet)

Old 06-01-2011, 07:40 PM

889 posts, read 826,411 times
The greatest threat to Christianity are luke-warm, cafeteria, liberal, secularized Catholics.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
It may kill A theism. Although I don't see how.

Sorry for the bad pun. I could not resist.

But I do feel that some Christians feel threatened by the spread of Islam, is because we do stress verification of all things and to not take the word of any man, unless we have searched and believe it to be true.
No, I think Christians feel threatened by Islam because you kill them.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Some things Islam offers

1. absolute responsibility of the individual
2, no ordained clergy
3. no intermediary, prayers to Allaah(swt) alone
4. Obligation to verify the truth in all things you believe.
5. Forbidding of all violence except in defense
6. Strict code of ethics in times of war, ie no harming of children, women, non-combatants, disabled, elderly or any religions clergy.
7. Encouragement to give to charity of all people
8. Forbidding blind following of any living person.

Sadly, there are a small percentage who use the name Muslim, but fail to follow Islam. they also seem to be what most non-Muslims believe to be Islam.
South pile behind a north facing cow. You have kid programs that teach hate. You have 40 million viewers listening to a show that wants to eradicate Israel. Spare us the piles. We are not fooled by your marketing. We see the evidence worldwide of your so called "peaceful" religion.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:42 PM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
No, I think Christians feel threatened by Islam because you kill them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
South pile behind a north facing cow. You have kid programs that teach hate. You have 40 million viewers listening to a show that wants to eradicate Israel. Spare us the piles. We are not fooled by your marketing. We see the evidence worldwide of your so called "peaceful" religion.
Deception of the infidel is a command from Allah . . . not a suggestion . . . not merely allowed . . . but commanded! The Muslims here are simply following Allah's command. It is irritating and very annoying, though . . . especially since they seem to have stepped up the spamming assault on the R&P forum with all manner of video crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality