Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Nix

8 posts, read 14,479 times

Advertisements

Excuse me, but all the answers given seem to be uninformed so I am here to contribute and help ease confusion created by those posters who would rather spout uneducated falsehoods than look something up for themselves and seek to learn about it, unlike the starter of this thread

The Church of Satan is a satirical group who seeks to mock Christianity and hold no responsibility or affiliation with those nut jobs who sacrifice cats. Their intention is to frighten the gullible of the Christian faith. They are a religion best paralleled with a rebellious teenager doing all in their power to upset their parents, wearing black, dying their hair, pretending to be gay what have you for sheer effect. They don't believe in Lucifer

I was rather disappointed at the comments following after discovering this on google...I hope I've been helpful even if I am not a Satanist per say. I am a religion hopper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 11:56 PM

122 posts, read 385,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix View Post
Excuse me, but all the answers given seem to be uninformed so I am here to contribute and help ease confusion created by those posters who would rather spout uneducated falsehoods than look something up for themselves and seek to learn about it, unlike the starter of this thread

The Church of Satan is a satirical group who seeks to mock Christianity and hold no responsibility or affiliation with those nut jobs who sacrifice cats. Their intention is to frighten the gullible of the Christian faith. They are a religion best paralleled with a rebellious teenager doing all in their power to upset their parents, wearing black, dying their hair, pretending to be gay what have you for sheer effect. They don't believe in Lucifer

I was rather disappointed at the comments following after discovering this on google...I hope I've been helpful even if I am not a Satanist per say. I am a religion hopper

Better than nothing....

Old 08-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Nix

8 posts, read 14,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throx View Post
Better than nothing....
You're welcome

Old 08-12-2007, 04:01 AM

122 posts, read 385,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix View Post
You're welcome

Du Zatan du!

Old 08-12-2007, 10:52 AM

401 posts, read 685,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Hey guys, lets not sit here waitin for them to come,(they might) I did buy a satin pillow case once because someone said it would keep your hairdo neat..Hmmmp!! Wasted my money..While we are waiting for any satanists that dare to face us, who sang that country song ~Satin sheets, to lie on, satin pillows to cry on~
If you are referring to the version sung in the seventies you are probably referring to Loretta Lynn, If you are referring to a more modern one you may be thinking of Martina McBride.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:05 PM

329 posts, read 1,099,282 times
Funny.. I always thought it was sung by Connie Francis ???

P.S. NIX... too funny!

Uh.... I misread the intent of the post.... Nix... never mind about the funny... I thought you actually meant something different than your post inferred.

Also.. just for arguments sake... isn't the Church of Satan and Satanism two seperate things? I may be wrong, but isn't that like asking what does Christianity mean, and having someone answer that with the definition of the Baptist Church. Just wondering ;c/

Last edited by desiree253; 08-15-2007 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: I reread Nix's post and on second thought

Old 08-15-2007, 02:09 PM

753 posts, read 758,631 times
I am a born-again Santaist. I dabbled in Santa when I was young then gave it up after I left elementary school. Years later I was walking in the mall during a particular rough patch in life, when I met the Big Guy himself. After I jumped on his lap, and then got drug out into the parking lot by security, I committed my life to the practice of raising holiday spirits and drinking egg nog.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:25 PM

23,014 posts, read 34,374,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wzippler View Post
If you are referring to the version sung in the seventies you are probably referring to Loretta Lynn, If you are referring to a more modern one you may be thinking of Martina McBride.
The seventy's version was sung by Jeanne Pruett.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:39 PM

443 posts, read 1,541,245 times
I'm an Atheist, and therefore - don't believe that Satan, or God, exist.

However, I admire Lucifer from a purely literary standpoint.

Standing up to your creator, refusing to kneel... and then trying to destroy the most power being in the universe... that had to take some serious huevos.

Modern Satanism is an invention of Midwestern evangelical creationists, used to inspire fear in the congregation.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:06 AM

401 posts, read 685,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
The seventy's version was sung by Jeanne Pruett.
Satin Sheets by Loretta Lynn on Yahoo! Music (http://music.yahoo.com/track/679456 - broken link)
Loretta sang it as well.
If looks as if allot of people sang that song, but I think your artist may have sang it first.

Last edited by wzippler; 08-16-2007 at 05:06 AM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality