Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 09:07 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times

Advertisements

Radical Islam....

In today's news... Army soldier suspected of planning Ft. Hood attack - latimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 09:07 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
What in the world? Are you serious?

..very serious...!

Old 07-28-2011, 09:08 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,804,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
..very serious...!
I wish you would elaborate because that sounds ludicrous since environmentalism is not a religion.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:29 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,894,838 times
Environmentalism is our friend. Without regulations, ranchers would allow their herds to overgraze public lands and ruin them for everybody. When is the last time you went into a public bathroom, it is destroyed. It is a fundamental truth, displayed in all countries, throughout time, without enforced regulations, public resources are ruined for everyone by selfish individuals or corporations.

Look up photos of industrial waste to see what has happened in other countries who have few environmental regulations. The majority of all corporations will not police themselves; they only act to maximize profits.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:31 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
I wish you would elaborate because that sounds ludicrous since environmentalism is not a religion.
...i guess you haven't had much contact with rabid enviormentalists...i have....compromised mostly of secularists, they worship the enviorment as their 'god'... man is inherently evil, the enviorment is the most important entity they have to keep themselves grounded and believe it is of way more importance than man....do a little poking around on google you'll find a plethora of info about radical enviormentalists..it is a relegion!

answering the ops question...imo, enviormentalism is the greatest threat to this country, ie....the EPA is loaded with these folks....out to destroy this country's economic well being under the guise of saving the planet...

hope this helps you understand my answer

Old 07-28-2011, 09:41 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
What? Do you actually think that humans are more important than the environment we live in? I take the opposite view. The environment would get along nicely without us, but we cannot continue to destroy the environment because we cannot survive without it...We continue to poison our atmosphere, sea and land, and along with that we poison ourselves...Get real.

Environmentalism is not a religion, it's just good common sense.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...i guess you haven't had much contact with rabid enviormentalists...i have....compromised mostly of secularists, they worship the enviorment as their 'god'... man is inherently evil, the enviorment is the most important entity they have to keep themselves grounded and believe it is of way more importance than man....do a little poking around on google you'll find a plethora of info about radical enviormentalists..it is a relegion!

answering the ops question...imo, enviormentalism is the greatest threat to this country, ie....the EPA is loaded with these folks....out to destroy this country's economic well being under the guise of saving the planet...

hope this helps you understand my answer
Some. No, I have never met these types. I think further discussion might have to be moved to the Great Debates forum. I never know the boundaries for discussions here.

I think you'd have to define your terms better for me. Sure, I can find extremists in any arena online, but I am curious what you define as a "rabid environmentalist". I also need you to explain what you mean by "out to destroy this country's economic well being". I have heard people say this about the folks that protest drilling in the Arctic. Is that what you mean?

See, I'm an eco-nut myself. I was an eco-nut when I was a Christian because I interpreted Genesis differently than some people. I don't use paper towels, route out all my trips in my car carefully, make my own cleaning products, buy organic as much as my wallet allows, buy second hand and donate to second hand shops, and I write letters to my representatives expressing my disapproval of Arctic drilling. So, does that make me a "rabid environmentalist"?

By best friend does all this, uses cloth diapers, breast feeds exclusively, never turns on the a/c or heat, and only buys cell phones that are recyclable (not the ones that claim to be and end up in Ethiopia in a land fill). Is she a "rabid environmentalist"?

Old 07-28-2011, 09:53 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Apostate secular humanism should be feared the most.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Apostate secular humanism should be feared the most.
Because?

Old 07-28-2011, 10:02 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
What country has killed the most Americans on American soil ?
Japan (2458) during attack on Pearl Harbor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality