Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 03:36 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,595,366 times

Advertisements

Gods Spirit is Holy, all 7 of them. That is our true orgin; we came from " Holiness." And will go back to Holiness. Oh we may seem unholy now, but our true destiny is to " Return to the Sender!"

And Join the circle of Holiness!

Old 09-08-2011, 04:11 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,667,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Gods Spirit is Holy, all 7 of them. That is our true orgin; we came from " Holiness." And will go back to Holiness. Oh we may seem unholy now, but our true destiny is to " Return to the Sender!"

And Join the circle of Holiness!
Don't you find it interesting how in a culture that is tens of thousands of years older than Christianity that the number 7 is sacred. Amongst the native cultures there is the Seven Sisters, the 7 main stars of Orion, the 7 stars of the Big Dipper and Little Dipper, I find it interesting that from what Christianity considers a pagan culture, Christianity borrows some of its beliefs....

Old 09-08-2011, 11:01 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,067,734 times
I have read through this entire thread, and I would like to thank you Mickel for the entertainment. The amount of typos, grammar errors, and contradictions you have provided throughout this whole thread is something else. At this point I won't even bother "debating" with you. And I love all the times you said you were done here, but yet you're still here posting. I will guarantee though that this will be my only post in this thread. I'll leave you and you're "proven facts" AKA blind faith alone and won't bother trying to have a conversation or anything with you. I don't want to rain on your parade, and no point in trying to "convert" me, I used to be a Christian but not anymore. Same reason why I won't bother trying to "convert" you. Were going to stick with our beliefs and act like ours is the only correct one. And that is true for both you AND I. At least I admit it.

Quote:
Well I certainly disagree with this, there is plenty of evidence that God exist. If I may construct a short list of the evidence;

Human Consciousness.

Biogenesis.

Biblical Archaeology.

The earths rotation.

The Moon receding.

Saturn cooling.

The earths magnectic feild.

Human emotion.

Carbon 14.

The human eye.

The cosmological arguement.

Order in the universe.

Hummingbirds.

Irreducible Complexity.

Females.

Atheist.

The Australlian termite.

Love.

The rainbow.

Language.

Human history.

There is plenty of evidence, just none that many will accept.
My favorite post of the whole thread. Sounds like overwhelming non refutable evidence of a God to me

Last edited by Radical_Car; 09-08-2011 at 11:10 PM..

Old 09-09-2011, 12:53 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,381,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
My favorite post of the whole thread. Sounds like overwhelming non refutable evidence of a God to me
Uhuh, alas when I pointed out why it was NOT... the user entirely ignored my reply and ran.

The user has this whole thread where he posts again and again on what magical things "spirit" does and yet he has not presented the first shred of evidence, argument, data OR reasons that the thing actually exists. Worse he has consistently refused to even define what it is he is even talking about, choosing instead to post meaningless analogies to things like "tape recorders" and the like.

It is not surprising though as many other people, even on the public debating circuit, have been unable to define what spirit is either. Kyle Butt in a debate against Dan Barker for example was only able to list the things spirit is NOT. Hardly a definition of what spirit IS I am sure you would agree. After all if someone asked me what an apple is, I would not answer them with "Well it is nothing like a car".

Yet this IS the standard of response we are getting from the user. As I said before and will say again, he insult all our intelligence acting in this fashion. Thankfully his own more than ours however.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:13 AM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
Yeah, hes been
1)Stating his Claims
2)Listing some stuff

When he should
1)State his claim
2)Cite Evidence
3)And explain how the evidence supports his claims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
was only able to list the things spirit is NOT. Hardly a definition of what spirit IS I am sure you would agree.
I Absolutely Agree

Old 09-09-2011, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Don't you find it interesting how in a culture that is tens of thousands of years older than Christianity that the number 7 is sacred. Amongst the native cultures there is the Seven Sisters, the 7 main stars of Orion, the 7 stars of the Big Dipper and Little Dipper, I find it interesting that from what Christianity considers a pagan culture, Christianity borrows some of its beliefs....

Well I am not a christian, so I pay little attention as to how they interpit 7. But I do find it interesting how many cultures revere the number 7.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
I have read through this entire thread, and I would like to thank you Mickel for the entertainment. The amount of typos, grammar errors, and contradictions you have provided throughout this whole thread is something else. At this point I won't even bother "debating" with you. And I love all the times you said you were done here, but yet you're still here posting.

Well the site contacted me and asked me to return. They told me my old post were being read in large numbers. I was plesantly surprised, and I returned.

It is unfortunate that you choose not to debate me; yet I understand that, it happens to me a lot.

Peace on your journey.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:30 AM

[quote=Nozzferrahhtoo;20804796]

Uhuh, alas when I pointed out why it was NOT... the user entirely ignored my reply and ran.

Well I apoligise for that; I am in the habit of only responding to those things which intrest me. Even sometimes still, I do try and respond to everyone; so again, I am sorry I didnot reply. Yet judging from your reply, your probally not interested in my views anyhow.

Which brings up another aspect of " Spirit." There is a spirit in our words, as we conversate, that spirit will come out in our expression; and that Spirit can be readily seen by the astute reader. We can see attitude, anger, frustration, envy, decit, knowledge, and so on; these are " Spirits", modes of consciousness; and they come out of us, because they are " In us."

Old 09-09-2011, 02:52 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,381,033 times
Quote:
Well I apoligise for that; I am in the habit of only responding to those things which intrest me.
Oh look, another cop out excuse for not replying. No surprise there.

Quote:
Yet judging from your reply, your probally not interested in my views anyhow.
Oh look, another cop out excuse for not replying. No surprise there.

You really would say anything to get out of replying to people wouldnt you. Fact is: You wrote something, I replied, you read it, you ran. Use whatever excuse you like, it does not change the facts.

The reason you ran is obvious, because you know what I said is 100% right. Simply listing random words from the dictionary is NOT the same as giving evidence. You know it. I know it. I know you know it.

Also please learn how to use the QUOTE and PREVIEW functions correctly too, your posts are even harder to read than your normal rubbish when you format them so badly. It is an astoundingly easy pair of functions to use and it is considered basic common decency and politeness around here to at least put a few seconds into making sure your posts are readable.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:28 AM

You keep spelling interpret as interpit. That isn't even a typo. You have numerous other spelling errors as well, I recall several pages back, you spelt tsunamis and "sunamis" I could go through and make a list a mile long of all you're misspellings. Try using correct spelling and grammar when participating in a serious debate, if you want people to take you serious. It doesn't have to be perfect, mine sure isn't, but you said you're 56 years old, and your posts look like they've been written by a grade school student. The funny thing is, there is a spell checker on here. As you're typing, it underlines the misspelled word(s) with a red line, and you can right click it and it gives you suggestions. If you honestly don't know how to spell, then try using it. Also, learn how to use the quote and preview functions as well, just like Nozzferrahhtoo said.

I am 19, and I understand the importance of proper spelling and grammar, as well as neat handwriting, something that is more or less dead in my generation. It seems that barely anyone has neat handwriting anymore, and it is appalling how many people from my generaton have trouble reading their own handwriting. It's how you present yourself. On message boards, you're presenting yourself with your post, use the spell checker and use the quote and preview buttons. It's a very good sign that you're a troll, and it also makes me wonder if you're lying about your age.

As far as "debating", what's the point? This has gone on for 35 pages and I read through about 2/3 of it, and skimmed through some of the other 1/3 I didn't read. You're an amateur troll at best, and if you genuinely think "evolutionists" don't want to "debate" with you because they know you're 110% correct and God is real and that they're going to hell and are going to suffer for eternity, then I feel sorry for you. And I'll let you know that is not why they choose to not debate with you.

Last edited by Radical_Car; 09-09-2011 at 03:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality