Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 04:15 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,945,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Guess the internet isn't so big after all.
BUSTED!!!!

Old 11-02-2011, 04:20 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
I get to thinking I've seen every idiotic question someone could possibly ask, and then lo and behold -- someone rises to new heights.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:20 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
No, his father has special exceptions within the mythology... YHWH is able to commit any evils it sees fit because it believes itself to be all-powerful, pure, immortal, and the original cause... Sort of like your biological father has complete rights to do anything to you because he was your direct cause.

I mean, imagine there was no God, but then the Universe was a void of nothingness, except for one always existing and sentient being... lets call in Yahoo, and it then created a bunch of other sentient beings and forced a bunch of physical rules upon them and also some moral rules which he is excempt from. Obviously, Yahoo, being the original cause, is excused to commit any evil He sees fit and plan any plans it sees fit also... its always best for those that are created to trust their sentient cause. Kinda like the monster should have trusted Dr. Frankenstein.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 11-02-2011 at 04:31 PM..

Old 11-02-2011, 04:28 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I get to thinking I've seen every idiotic question someone could possibly ask, and then lo and behold -- someone rises to new heights.

Yet you respond anyhow.......

Old 11-02-2011, 05:05 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,102,983 times
Personally, I could never wrap my mind around the whole "Original Sin" dogma, which tells us that God sacrificed "His only begotten Son" to us so that we may become free of the stain we inherited from Adam & Eve's little dietary indescretion in the Garden of Eden.
The "Triune God" or "Three-Part Godhead" doesn't make a whole lot more sense to my either. The farthest I can go with that piece of theology is to admit that there is probably a God, although it is likely he is not of the "personal" variety, IMHO. Rather, I think Him (or "Her"--take your pick, personal pronouns in this instance are silly, anyway) to be of the Deistic and not Theistic type. You know: more like an impersonal but omnipresent--and available--Energy Source.
And I think that Jesus was as full of and as aware of this Source as any man who's ever walked the planet. So, if you would allow me to consider my Power Source as "The Father", and then let me call Jesus as "The Son"--in the sense that he was fully tapped-into this Source--and then finally call the transmission and receiving of this Force to be "The Holy Ghost," I can maybe tread that deep into traditional Christian theological teaching.
My one caveat to all this would be that I think Jesus was trying to tell us that we can ALL be "sons of God" if we followed his teachings, thus enabling us to diminish our "Force blocking" egos sufficiently so as to be able to receive this "Power Source" that some call God.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:19 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,160,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
No,Jesus died for all of the sins of mankind by dying on the cross and then being resurrected.
Right, so did Mithras and a dozen other saviors and sons of Gods.
And of course being resurrected his "death" was hardly a sacrifice.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:24 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,160,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Ha, Ha! You still riding?
So, as to your question: Theologically God can't sin, because sin is what one does towards God. Who is God sinning against? Himself?
Perhaps he's sinning against the even more supreme being who created him.

Quote:
Also Jesus died for the sake of Humans so we could be reconciled to God.
Jesus died because he was a liberal troublemaker who pissed off the conservative religious right of his day. Nothing more. Assuming he existed at all

Old 11-02-2011, 05:30 PM

17,804 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Ha, Ha! You still riding?

So, as to your question: Theologically God can't sin, because sin is what one does towards God. Who is God sinning against? Himself?

Also Jesus died for the sake of Humans so we could be reconciled to God.
So when God murders it is not sin?

I don't think the flood or the passover killing of the Egyptian first born could be anything but murder.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:08 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Right, so did Mithras and a dozen other saviors and sons of Gods.
And of course being resurrected his "death" was hardly a sacrifice.

**sigh** Mitrha has nothing in common with Jesus never did. He wasn't born of a vigin either. Mithra was the Iranian God of light. Same with Horus he had nothing in common with the Jesus myth. The story of Jesus is different because he died for the son's of man. I agree with you on the second part. He died & came back to life & he knew was going to so I don't see a sacrifice either. Not to mention he was never fully human he was a deity.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:01 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,550,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So when God murders it is not sin?

I don't think the flood or the passover killing of the Egyptian first born could be anything but murder.
So get over it. You have two options to face.

1. God ain't real. So it's a big so what.

2. God is real and you are gonna have some explaining to do.

Have a good evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality