Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 12:54 PM

713 posts, read 1,958,050 times

Advertisements

FILL IN THE BLANK: It's okay to kill a baby in the womb when ________....

"180" Movie - YouTube

Old 11-09-2011, 12:57 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,745,758 times
Abortion is a women's right.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:59 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,071,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
FILL IN THE BLANK: It's okay to kill a baby in the womb when ________....
It shouldn't be there in the first place? it's not supposed to go back!

fetuses are in the uterus, babies are outside.

It's o.k. to kill the "baby" when ever its parents see fit... and if we don't give that right to its parents, then we give it to ourselves and we decide when its right by voting on a law, or on representatives for us to vote for laws.

very long video though... did he change the mind of all those very dumb uninformed people? Because I fear that would be easy to do.

I would vote that its not O.K. for the parents to have the right to kill a fetus in the womb unless it threatens the the life of the mother, it wasn't a consented pregnancy (rape), it will not have an adequate life, etc.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 11-09-2011 at 01:10 PM..

Old 11-09-2011, 01:06 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,745,758 times
Default FILL IN THE BLANK: It's okay to kill a baby in the womb when ________

God says it's ok;

And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died. (Exodus 12:29-30 NLT)

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

Old 11-09-2011, 01:08 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
God says it's ok;

And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died. (Exodus 12:29-30 NLT)

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)
And these were already born.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:15 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
This is a subject that I feel (and it's merely my opinion) that has no business being in the political arena, this is a subject and a right that has been taken out of the hands of the Woman, her rights are being subjugated by outside individuals who have no right to tell another person how to live their lives. This is a subject and a decision that is to be made between the individual and their Creator and they are the ones that have to live with that decision. I believe in pro-choice but that does not necessarily mean that I believe in abortion. To me pro-choice means giving the Woman the right to make that choice without others telling her what to do or making Laws that take that choice away from her.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:19 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,923,337 times
Hows about when it is morally reprehensible to legally force the mother to have that baby when she herself is already in a socially disadvantaged situation, and the baby will then also be, or if it ends up in an orphanage, to then complete a life of further disadvantage, poverty, disease, and so on? Or, of course, if that woman has been the victim of rape, incest, spousal abuse, etc.

Then, obviously, it's a no-brainer. Abortion is a rational option. Not for casual birth control however. Nope.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:35 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Hows about when it is morally reprehensible to legally force the mother to have that baby when she herself is already in a socially disadvantaged situation, and the baby will then also be, or if it ends up in an orphanage, to then complete a life of further disadvantage, poverty, disease, and so on? Or, of course, if that woman has been the victim of rape, incest, spousal abuse, etc.

Then, obviously, it's a no-brainer. Abortion is a rational option. Not for casual birth control however. Nope.
I believe the "casual birth control" user would definitely be the outlier.
Would you want someone who used abortion as such to give birth? Imagine the life of the child.
Who are you punishing with that stance?
How does one determine that this is the motivation?
It becomes quite a slippery slope.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:39 PM

16,678 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Can somebody explain why it makes a difference if the pregnancy is the result of rape, incest or spousal abuse?

Old 11-09-2011, 01:52 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,071,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Can somebody explain why it makes a difference if the pregnancy is the result of rape, incest or spousal abuse?
Personally, I think that the genes of a rapist, incestual, abusive person must not be passed on... nor should a women have to suffer the caring for the child of such... nor should she suffer the parasite of the criminal for 9 months. If she doesn't see it as hers, then why should we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality