Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2011, 06:22 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Perhaps you're not well acquainted with the middle-east?
You're right, in that I've never been to the Middle East and I don't read Arabic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
There's more to religion than what happens in the United States.
Ouch, burn me on something I basically say all the time here.

I should have been clearer I was going on my experience and what I've actually seen. I don't know/read Arabic or Russian for that matter. But the way it was written was problematic so good call.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:44 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,376,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
I fixed it. It took me a while.
Now that you know how you will find that with use you get faster. After about 30 posts using it you will look back and wonder with a grim smile how you were ever so unable to use such an easy feature before.

Quote:
Fortunately, I'm not looking for your approval. I am simply stating my opinion.
Indeed, and I am just stating that I think it a poor one, and why.

Quote:
And I know y'all are big on evidence.
Yea funny how some people do not think things are true when there is no reason on offer to think those things are true. Go figure. When will the madness stop.

Quote:
And by the way, it SEEMS TO ME, that you are just here looking for a fight.....
I stopped reading here. If you are going to get personal and engage in ad hominem then I will not read anything after that point. Stick to the topic shall we? Attack the post content not the poster. The topic here is about how the OP thought that atheists target one religion solely. I think there has been enough replies, mine included, now to show the OP that their initial assessment was wrong. We can hope the OP has learned from this.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:21 AM

87 posts, read 120,296 times
What my point is that I'm talking about American atheist, not any Arab or from any other countries.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:26 AM

87 posts, read 120,296 times
American atheist billboard (An example that they always target Christianity)

On Holland Tunnel (New Jersey - New York City). This area has LARGE Jewish population, as well as sizeable Muslims and other faiths.
Why not target them as well? I could understand maybe the bible belt is only Christianity, but not in New York/New Jersey area!

Last edited by -Lucy-; 12-07-2011 at 07:37 AM..

Old 12-07-2011, 07:30 AM

705 posts, read 1,110,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lucy- View Post

On Holland Tunnel (New Jersey - New York City)
Probably because the christian orgainzations are constantly forcing their delusions on the rest of the population. The atheist organizations are merely taking a stab at the christian organizations when they show their butts, metaphorically of course.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:45 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,376,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
We can hope the OP has learned from this.
But it seems not.

Quote:
What my point is that I'm talking about American atheist, not any Arab or from any other countries.
As are most of the posts on this thread so I am not sure what your point is. I mentioned for example the american (or american citizens) like Dennett, Harris and Hitchens that write extensively on all religions, including most notably both Christianity and Islam.

Quote:
One example proves that someone ALWAYS does something? So if I find a picture of one dog biting a person I have proved that ALL dogs attack humans? If I take a picture of one woman who is a prostitute I have proven all women are prostitutes?

If this is your evidence, you are on shakier ground than I even first expected. One billboard is not an example of anything. What about, for example, the Billboards inspired in the US by the same ones in the UK that simply said something along the lines of "There probably is no god so stop worrying and get on with your life". How was that one specifically targeting Christianity in your little fantasy?

If you live in a predominantly Christian country the proportion of anti Christian sentiment you will see will of course be higher than against any other religion. Extrapolating from this that atheists only target Christianity however is purely nonsense.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:00 AM

4 posts, read 4,096 times
Why do atheist only target Christians?

Because they know that Jewish and Muslim leaders will attack them and threaten them do death

Old 12-07-2011, 08:34 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Here are some videos from some famous atheists regarding Islam;

Old 12-07-2011, 08:37 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Quote:
It seems like atheist only target Christians and Christianity, and very seldom any other religions, which share similar beliefs.
When atheists usually post billboards and other non-belief or "myth" stuff, it mainly includes Christianity, and during the Christmas/Holiday season, it targets Christmas.

Why are they afraid to post "myth" stuff about Judaism and Islam?
I think they are scared because they know how strong Muslims and Jewish are, and what consequenses they will get for doing it, while poor Christians does not usually do anything about it.

This is ridiculous!

PS! I'm not Christian myself, but it's very unfair. If you are going to post stuff about something, INCLUDE all religions, or leave them alone and keep your own beliefs to yourself.
Atheist should respect that they live in a country where close to 80% are Christians (some states even higher %). Keep in mind that the U.S. has the world's largest Christian population.
Because like everything else in this country, it has been determined by the leftist main stream media that it is the politically correct opinion to have. If you don't agree, you will be ostracized and defecated upon.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:06 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Why do atheists only target Christians & Christianity?

We don't.You haven't looked around much if you think we're ignoring Islam, Judaism, and all the other superstitions in the world.

Quote:
Atheist should respect that they live in a country where close to 80% are Christians (some states even higher %). Keep in mind that the U.S. has the world's largest Christian population.
I refuse to proffer respect to those people who demand respect, consideration, special treatment, or any other kind of immunity, simply on the grounds that they have a religious faith. I refuse to respect those who treat anyone unlike them with suspicion, hatred, or unfairness simply for having different opinion or for being of non-heterosexual orientation. Having faith does not give you privileges or make you virtuous or right, and it's neither noble nor wise to believe in unsupported claims and ancient superstitions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality