Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 08:52 PM

646 posts, read 634,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Don't be ridiculous, their is ample proof of evolution as we speak.
So you'd like to believe.
Quote:
Viruses and bacteria evolve every day.
They remain bacteria and viruses - don't they? And they continue to serve the specific purposes for which they were created.
Quote:
People with no science knowledge shouldn't make such silly statements, it makes them look uneducated and backwards.

Go read a book about the universal genetic code, genetic commonalities or fossil records
"One thing I picked up about evolutionists in every thread that I have followed: they really believe education makes them superior beings; so much so that they establish and maintain a deep-seated contemptible demeanor meant for all who do not believe they way they do. Their haughty attitude reveals itself in the unrelenting contempt with which they hold religious people, the sarcasm, the insults, the useless attempts to intimidate believers." (Wilson)

You just revealed the way you really feel about evolution doubters.

(\__/)
( ‘ .‘ )
>(^)<

Wilson

Old 01-10-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So once again you are quote mining...Please take the time to read the entire article, I doubt that you will, or that you will understand it if you do.
"Quote-mining" = distortion.
Am I right?

(\__/)
( ‘ .‘ )
>(^)<

Wilson

Old 01-10-2012, 09:14 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
It's like trying to teach rocket science to someone with Downs syndrome.

Here's a link anyway;

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_01

Old 01-10-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
The fossil record shows that there were changes within species as time went on (the triceratopids is a good example) and also many long periods when stable conditions meant that a species could flourish with little or no change. The idea that evolution is obliged to change species continually and at a regular rate is a common and false idea.
And who is it that hangs on doggedly to this "common and false idea?"

(\__/)
( ‘ .‘ )
>(^)<

Wilson

Old 01-10-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:

Here's a link anyway;
"One thing I picked up about evolutionists in every thread that I have followed: they really believe education makes them superior beings; so much so that they establish and maintain a deep-seated contemptible demeanor meant for all who do not believe they way they do. Their haughty attitude reveals itself in the unrelenting contempt with which they hold religious people, the sarcasm, the insults, the useless attempts to intimidate believers." (Wilson)

(\__/)
( ‘ .‘ )
>(^)<

Wilson

Old 01-11-2012, 12:19 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Can a case only be made against evolution by misrepresentation of it?
Well....yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsoncole View Post

They remain bacteria and viruses - don't they?

There ya go folks! What more needs to be said??

Is this what you're looking for kid??

Old 01-11-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Well....yes!
There ya go folks! What more needs to be said??
Nothing but the truth.
You mean they don't remain bacteria and viruses?
Quote:
Is this what you're looking for kid??
Can anyone expect truth from someone who sees nothing wrong with lying?

Do you agree with this statement?:
"Here's what the fossil record should look like if Biblical creationism were true. In the very lowest strata we should see no fossils at all. This is because, according to the Bible, all life originally existed in the Garden of Eden and nothing died there."

Is this statement true?

Quote-mining = distortion.
Am I right?

(\__/)
( ‘ .‘ )
>(^)<

Wilson

Old 01-11-2012, 11:00 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsoncole View Post
And who is it that hangs on doggedly to this "common and false idea?"

(\__/)
( ‘ .‘ )
>(^)<

Wilson
The public through a lack of education and Creationists through wilful misrepresentation. Though truth to tell, Gee does hint that even some biologists are prone to think in such terms, but that is not the fault of the theory.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:16 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:

Here's a link anyway;

Welcome to Evolution 101!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i just spit my milk out when reading that .

Old 01-11-2012, 11:21 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
This is really too too funny that people actually in 2012 are still working hard to prove the biblical account and disprove evolution. Coming from someone with a degree in religion i can say that the bible is chock full of things that never happened, so the chances are it gives an accurate depiction of the creation is slim. Evolution is a fact because we know that creatures have evolved through biological study, and the fossil record. However since we cannot currently observe the evolution of a creature it still is labeled as a theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality