Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 10:09 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,140,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
No I mean the ones I have come from history books, the site I gave are seperate from mine, but listed in bulk, 100 of them.
I don't care if they list a thousand...There is no such thing as a prophesy...You have been hoodwinked.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:11 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I don't care if they list a thousand...There is no such thing as a prophesy...You have been hoodwinked.

So you think its one hundred lies .org.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Oh please man get real, your so wrong about that,but I understand your closed eye to this. Isaiah prophcised the comming of Christ 700 years before he came in 9:6
Jewish and Christian tradition held that the entire book is by the 8th century BCE prophet Isaiah, but scholars have concluded since the late 19th century that it cannot be by a single author....Sounds like a bit of fakery going on here... Book of Isaiah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
The one in Ezk. 37:11-13 came true concerning Israel
Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’ Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel....
So were the Jews were raised from the dead and returned to Israel? Incidentally more Jews live in the US than in Israel, in case you think it means that all Jews returned to Israel...

Quote:
Daniels propnecy in 12:4 came true
But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased..... How is this a prophesy?

Quote:
Nahum and Zephaniah prophecy in 2:13-15 came true
As with many of the other prophets, there is no external evidence to directly associate composition of the book with a prophet by the name of Zephaniah. Some scholars believe that much of the material does not date from the days of King Josiah (ca. 640-609 BC), but is actually post-monarchic. Pretty easy to write a prophesy after the event has happened, don't you think?

Quote:
I already showed you the prophecy concerning Cyrus becomming King comming true.
No you didn't....Isaiah 45:1 is claimed to be a fulfilled prophecy made at least 140 years beforehand that the Persians would breach Babylon's gates. In reality the prophecy was made shortly before or possibly after the event.....
In their desperation to give credibility to their new found religion, New Testament writers often distorted Old Testament scriptures or quoted them entirely out of context to shape them into "prophecies" that seemed to fit contemporary people and events they were writing about.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
So you think its one hundred lies .org.
Well you finally got something right...Good for you.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:03 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well you finally got something right...Good for you.
I don't expect you to believe in fulfilled prophecy; Isaiah 7:14, Micah 5:1-2 , Gen. 49: and Jer. 23:5 are all prophecys concerning the comming of Jesus; Jesus did come and they were fulfilled. But you don't even believe Jesus existed.

So your blind to fulfilled prophecy.

I could show you some prophecy about Atheism that were fulfilled, but it would still be like sprinkling snow on a bonfire.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:13 AM

Quote:
I don't expect you to believe in fulfilled prophecy; Isaiah 7:14, Micah 5:1-2 , Gen. 49: and Jer. 23:5 are all prophecys concerning the comming of Jesus; Jesus did come and they were fulfilled. But you don't even believe Jesus existed.

I could show you some prophecy about Atheism that were fulfilled, but it would still be like sprinkling snow on a bonfire.
Go ahead, my fire will not be extinguished....I don't know if a man named Jesus lived in those days, but I do know that many of the stories written in the bible about him are impossible and false.

Mickiel, you need to look much deeper into the bible...Things like who actually wrote it, when these people wrote it, the credibility of the authors, what books were accepted, and which ones were rejected....

I repeat...In their desperation to give credibility to their new found religion, New Testament writers often distorted Old Testament scriptures or quoted them entirely out of context to shape them into "prophecies" that seemed to fit contemporary people and events they were writing about.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:16 AM

285 posts, read 297,843 times
A world totally like the hell

Old 02-15-2012, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manss View Post
A world totally like the hell
Right, nothing but blasphemers in your view, am I right?

Old 02-15-2012, 05:30 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:

....and where can we find confirmation of all these 'fulfilled' prophecies concerning the coming of Jesus?

Yep! You have it folks....the Bible. So the OT says it will happen and the NT says that it did happen. Brilliant huh?

Old 02-15-2012, 05:33 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
....and where can we find confirmation of all these 'fulfilled' prophecies concerning the coming of Jesus?

Yep! You have it folks....the Bible. So the OT says it will happen and the NT says that it did happen. Brilliant huh?
How can you argue with the Bible? We don't have to, the Bible argues with itself. Well said Rafius.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality