Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 12:57 AM

91 posts, read 210,304 times

Advertisements

Thank you for all those references. It illustrates so well how people read the same thing and understand it differently. When I read that verse from Numbers I understood it to mean that God is not fallible like us human beings in that he, being perfect, does not lie and has no need to repent because he commits no sins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 07:18 AM

897 posts, read 2,460,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willowthewhisp View Post
Thank you for all those references. It illustrates so well how people read the same thing and understand it differently. When I read that verse from Numbers I understood it to mean that God is not fallible like us human beings in that he, being perfect, does not lie and has no need to repent because he commits no sins.
I think the issue with the bible again is that people like to interpret the text verse reading the texts. Do not get me wrong the bible does need some interpretation. The only thing is the book of deut. is usually based on gods laws that were given to his people. People tend to read into things more than what the actual text implies.

If you look at numbers 23 and read deut 4 and job 9 you will see that the statements are consistent that god will never take human form.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Pagan Holy Day?
Roman idea system?

Where did you get your "historical" fact?

BTW: the rest of your post I mostly agree with

I little more back ground. If you did not already know Christians believe that they really worship the same god that jews worship but they believe that Jesus was the messiah. What Christians do not understand that most of their practices come from pagan worship. This is more than likely happen under Constantine’s rule. The Roman Empire was big on pagan worship and having many gods. Most of the roman catholic churches idols and symbols come from pagan practices. For example the sun god RA (Baal) is shown on clothing the pope wears. Communion (Eating of the flesh or blood worship), Dec 25 Christmas is consider equinox so the sun is at rebirth and it usually dies near Easter. Sun-day worship is due to respect of RA. Moon day or Monday is very popular too. Jesus was the Son of God, which brought the light to the entire world. Mithra was the sun of god that also brought the light to the world.

The reason Jewish people do not consider Christian correct is because in Jeremiah g-d commanded is people not to follow people that were practicing these behaviors.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:37 PM

5,525 posts, read 7,362,527 times
Quote:
Here is another view of the origin of CHRISTMAS; CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Christmas

I could also give you the same reference for Easter,The Feast of the Assumption,......I could go on.

I think, I'll just respectfully agree to disagree with you.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:13 AM

Quote:
I could also give you the same reference for Easter,The Feast of the Assumption,......I could go on.

I think, I'll just respectfully agree to disagree with you.

Do you think the Catholic Church would deny Jesus? I don’t think so. I understand we can disagree on this matter. I find it very odd that pagan worship and Christianity were started in the same location. I find it odd that Mithraism and Christianity are about 95% exactly the same in rituals and beliefs. I would recommend looking at a brief history of Paul of tarsus. Paul was pretty much recognized as the founder of Christianity. Paul of tarsus lived in an area that was heavily pagan. Most of the Christian stories are exactly that of Mithraism. Constantine himself believe in many gods but chose to use Jesus as the Christ because on his death bed could say his name and be saved.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
Do you think the Catholic Church would deny Jesus? I don’t think so. I understand we can disagree on this matter. I find it very odd that pagan worship and Christianity were started in the same location. I find it odd that Mithraism and Christianity are about 95% exactly the same in rituals and beliefs. I would recommend looking at a brief history of Paul of tarsus. Paul was pretty much recognized as the founder of Christianity. Paul of tarsus lived in an area that was heavily pagan. Most of the Christian stories are exactly that of Mithraism. Constantine himself believe in many gods but chose to use Jesus as the Christ because on his death bed could say his name and be saved.
I think you'd find that the pagan to Christian experience among individuals is not an evolutionary, but a transformational process.

Sincerely,

A reformed Pagan

Old 09-12-2007, 06:53 AM

Quote:
I think you'd find that the pagan to Christian experience among individuals is not an evolutionary, but a transformational process.

Sincerely,

A reformed Pagan
Natalis Invicti
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Christmas

MITHRAS = CHRISTIANITY?

MITHRAS = CHRISTIANITY

God made it clear in the old testament not to follow the new testament.That is why Christians do not like the old testament. The authors of the new testament used bits in pieces of the old testament to sell there story. Remeber jesus is the rock and so was mithra.
This is a good webpage that talks about who he was:
The Historical Jesus Christ

Last edited by Administrator; 12-03-2007 at 02:31 AM.. Reason: [copyrighted material]

Old 09-12-2007, 07:31 AM

This is getting exausting. You cut and paste, I cut and paste........

Anyway here's my paste

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Mithraism

Old 09-12-2007, 10:00 AM

Quote:
This is getting exausting. You cut and paste, I cut and paste........

Anyway here's my paste

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Mithraism
We should leave it at a question mark. Only time will tell the true history of the world. You may be correct on this matter or I may be we will never know 100%. We as a society try to use logic and reasoning when make a decision but sometimes that is not enough to answer all the questions. I guess that is why humans have belief systems.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
We should leave it at a question mark. Only time will tell the true history of the world. You may be correct on this matter or I may be we will never know 100%. We as a society try to use logic and reasoning when make a decision but sometimes that is not enough to answer all the questions. I guess that is why humans have belief systems.

fair enough
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality