Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2012, 07:45 PM

33,531 posts, read 37,130,597 times

Advertisements

Looking at the Smithsonian site, and so far I cannot confirm your statement that early humans were not black, But I did find this timeline of human history that pretty much blows your views out of the water.... http://www.mnh.si.edu/press_office/r...Fact_Sheet.pdf

Old 02-18-2012, 08:18 PM

278 posts, read 357,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Consciousness had to be passed down to humanity from a Conscious powewrful God.
Nice claim, no evidence.

Quote:
Consciousness couldnot have developed as random luck , or evolved from things far less in significance or complexity than it is itself.

It is thus a proof of God!
If we evolved from single-celled organisms, then those qualities that set us apart from single-celled organisms then evolved. We have through science found that this is true, therefore our consciousness most likely evolved.

And evolution is not random luck because it involves natural selection which is not random in the least.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:37 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Now you have me curious...What rocks in what foothills?
It is very curious. I don't think anyone would confuse this solitairy idea with proof that God in fact exists. None the less, heres a link. Its not the specific report I read yesterday. It seems to be a new bit of information out of some,respectable effort.

Researcher: Stonehenge Built for Sound Effects (http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpps/news/researcher-stonehenge-built-for-sound-effects-dpgoha-20120217-fc_18024765 - broken link)

Last edited by stargazzer; 02-18-2012 at 09:06 PM..

Old 02-18-2012, 09:27 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,066 times
Quote:
Looking at the Smithsonian site, and so far I cannot confirm your statement that early humans were not black, But I did find this timeline of human history that pretty much blows your views out of the water.... http://www.mnh.si.edu/press_office/r...Fact_Sheet.pdf

Thats because I never made that statement; show me anywhere that I ever stated that the early humans were not black. I said they were, but your so geared on arguement, that your not seeing things clearly.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
What don't you agree with?

Edit: I looked for mitochondrial DNA and I got 122 results. Can you be a little more specific or post a direct link to the study you're referring to?

I actually agree with most of it, but in my personal view, God gave Eve the ability to have different race children. And thats how I think different races came about. The site feels it was a geographical thing and the weathers effect on pigment that created different races.

And again, the link I already provided you was ship.edu ( race, by Dr. C. George Boeree).

Last edited by Mickiel; 02-18-2012 at 09:42 PM..

Old 02-18-2012, 09:45 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,242,066 times
Quote:
I actually agree with most of it, but in my personal view, God gave Eve the ability to have different race children. And thats how I think different races came about. The site feels it was a geographical thing and the weathers effect on pigment that created different races.
Can you please give me a link to the study/ies you're referring to?

What do you base your opinion that Eve had children of different races on? Is there any mention of this in the Bible? And how do you explain the fact that people in warmer climates typically have darker skin than people in colder climates (except in cases of migration, like Afrikaners in South Africa), do you think this is just a coincidence?

Also, why do you think your opinion is more accurate than the scientific explanation when it comes to racial differences? What specifically do you find objectionable about the scientific explanation that leads you to believe it's not correct?

Edit: no, you gave me another link of the Smithsonian and told me to look for "mitochondrial DNA", which I did and it gave me 122 results. I would like to know which specific study you're referring to

Edit edit: oh wait, I see the other link now, I'll check it out. But I'd still like to know about the Smithsonian study if you don't mind

Old 02-18-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Can you please give me a link to the study/ies you're referring to?

What do you base your opinion that Eve had children of different races on? Is there any mention of this in the Bible? And how do you explain the fact that people in warmer climates typically have darker skin than people in colder climates (except in cases of migration, like Afrikaners in South Africa), do you think this is just a coincidence?

Also, why do you think your opinion is more accurate than the scientific explanation when it comes to racial differences? What specifically do you find objectionable about the scientific explanation that leads you to believe it's not correct?

I believe some of it is relevant, but I base my opinion on a common sense conscious conclusion. In my view, Eve had to have the ability to have Black, White, Asian, and Chinese children at her base birthing. And then I agree that weather and geographic placement took its effect after that and formed the rest of the races.

I believe this is the link I was refering to; Race

However, I didnot formulate my views from these websites, I simply studied their views on Mitochondrinal DNA. Sans asked me where I looked at that from.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
I disagree, the first humans God created with consciousness were black in my view, but they were mid brown in pigment ( or light skinned blacks) from that combination we can achieve all other colors on the planet. Mitrochondrinal DNA shows that.
This is your statement and below are native Africans with no mixed blood...I'd say they were more black than mid brown...I think the first humans were similar in pigment to the men in the photo...
The change to lighter skin after humans migrated north was an evolutionary mutation necessary to allow them to absorb sufficient amounts of vitamin D in the weaker sunlight and short days of winter.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:

And again, the link I already provided you was ship.edu ( race, by Dr. C. George Boeree).
Now, you just HAVE to be kidding! That is about the goofiest thing I have ever heard yet.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
This is your statement and below are native Africans with no mixed blood...I'd say they were more black than mid brown...I think the first humans were similar in pigment to the men in the photo...
The change to lighter skin after humans migrated north was an evolutionary mutation necessary to allow them to absorb sufficient amounts of vitamin D in the weaker sunlight and short days of winter.

Where in that statement do you see me disagreeing that they were black? You kept saying that I stated they were not black. Is it so hard to admit you mis quoted me?

I believe Adam and Eve were lighter skinned, because if you mate two lightskinned blacks, the offspring can be light or dark, and some even white. And you cannot get those results by mating any two of any other race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality