Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2012, 11:29 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,593,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
What you're describing is usually defined as higher intelligence, not consciousness.

Moreover, primitive human societies have existed and still do exist that have never developed a lot of these attributes. So, are they not conscious?

They developed enough to be considered conscious, but primordal man was not conscious. They developed discernable verbal language, trade, and clothes designing, none of which animals can do.

Back to topic; Love is a proof of God.

Love is an attribute of God , and only comes from God; love does not come from radioactive chemicals or involentary evolution. As the Spirit in man is inate, so are our emotions. Emotions are a definte proof of God.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:15 PM

Revelation is another proof of God! God actually disclosing things to certain humans; communicating with them; moving their minds. This proof of God is falsely mimicked so much, it can be confusing. If God were not real, there would be no communication from him.

Demons are another proof of God that I have personally experienced. One came to me in Atlanta , Georgia and just walked up to me in a crowd, out of nowhere. It stopped me, looked me directly into the eyes and said:" why were we created to be evil and die? Why did Jesus doom us? We want to live!" And he just walked away and disappeared into the crowd; it was a male. I was stunned, but glad it walked away because back then, 20 years ago, I had no answer for it.

This confirmed the existence of God, Jesus and demons to me.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:27 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post

Demons are another proof of God that I have personally experienced. One came to me in Atlanta , Georgia and just walked up to me in a crowd, out of nowhere. It stopped me, looked me directly into the eyes and said:" why were we created to be evil and die? Why did Jesus doom us? We want to live!" And he just walked away and disappeared into the crowd; it was a male. I was stunned, but glad it walked away because back then, 20 years ago, I had no answer for it.

Obviously someone as disturbed as you. Go back to the Middle Ages fella. There's nothing for you here.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:00 PM

33,555 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Revelation is another proof of God! God actually disclosing things to certain humans; communicating with them; moving their minds. This proof of God is falsely mimicked so much, it can be confusing. If God were not real, there would be no communication from him.

I wonder how a psychologist would describe a person such as yourself who denies and shuts himself off from ALL knowledge in favor of his own beliefs? Could it be this?

Egocentrism is a personality trait which has the characteristic of regarding oneself and one's own opinions or interests as most important or valid. It also generates the inability to fully understand or to cope with other people's opinions and the fact that reality can be different from what they are ready to accept despite any change in their personal belief.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:24 PM

126 posts, read 81,101 times
Quote:
What are the signs of consciousness? Creating Technology, writting, reading, transportation, education, religion, science, sports, agriculture, voting; just to name a few; none of which animals have developed as a group on a consistant basics.
Sorry but that is not what consciousness is...the biggest criteria for consciousness in psychology is being self aware..you can differentiate yourself from the surrounding world and have a sense of "I". Having "I" or "me" thoughts...and as provided several times, chimpanzees have been proven to be self aware...and can even learn our language (basic) and numbers...and also very crude technology in the wild (tools)..in other words they are basically left in "limbo" when it comes to this spirit nonsense.

And back to the spirit, you completely disregarded my post that had links to the source that you said you would accept...that clearly said consciousness is linked entirely to the brain and nothing else.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Obviously someone as disturbed as you. Go back to the Middle Ages fella. There's nothing for you here.

I got a few women who would tell you there is something for me here.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I wonder how a psychologist would describe a person such as yourself who denies and shuts himself off from ALL knowledge in favor of his own beliefs? Could it be this?

Egocentrism is a personality trait which has the characteristic of regarding oneself and one's own opinions or interests as most important or valid. It also generates the inability to fully understand or to cope with other people's opinions and the fact that reality can be different from what they are ready to accept despite any change in their personal belief.

Why are you so focused on me? This thread is about God.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:57 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
I got a few women who would tell you there is something for me here.
Your ego has no bounds does it?

Old 02-22-2012, 02:00 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,134,063 times
A superb quote by Henry Beston were told, furnished by expert member Rifleman:

“We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals. Remote from universal nature, and living by complicated artifice, man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion.

We patronize them for their incompleteness, for their tragic fate of having taken form so far below ourselves. And therein we err, and greatly err.

For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth.”

Mickiel is lacking an ordered continuity and refusing to participate in the exploration of his own ideas.
Normal simple intelligibility a must for all communication, entirely lacking.

The Mickiel movement has become incoherent.

If the movement would like to know "why" I am participating in a non-coherent movement, the answer is easy, I think society is a mess and part of the problem is in-coherent individual contribution. Because one is part of society, one is partly responsible for at least trying to fix very serious problems. People who refuse to give healthy regard to others thoughts, will find same shortness in return. It then becomes a cycle of confusion and mis-understandings.

These confusions and mis-understanding harshly militate against unity. Please consider a govern of self... more appropriately representing an understood being not without, a moral compass.

Last edited by stargazzer; 02-22-2012 at 02:13 PM..

Old 02-22-2012, 02:02 PM

33,555 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Why are you so focused on me? This thread is about God.
People watching is a hobby of mine, and I have never run across a personality like yours before...I find it interesting...
You say this thread is about 100 proofs of God, but despite the great number of posts you have made so far, I do not find one proof of god yet...All I have seen is what you think are proofs. Even one single verified proof would convince me that there is a god...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality