Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 06:37 PM

1,422 posts, read 951,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
oh come on, that was funny. "its called a map" ... lmao
Yep I know it was funny - those were tears of laughter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 02:36 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It always strikes me as rather odd that it takes years of learning
certain techniques in order to communicate with this supposedly
wonderful 'always with you' god.
Maybe 'he' is really really picky about who he allows access to, huh?
I often talk about God as similar to a wondering cat that enters in an open door...then
when it feels comfy and safe keeps coming back to visit.

The Holy Spirit is depicted as a dove for a reason...the easiest bird to scare away.

God is often called the Guest and the Friend by Hafiz and Kabir...and I know personally why now.
If you want a guest to come, what do you do?
You send an invitation, change the sheets, buy flowers, place a tissue box and
clock on the nightstand,
lay out clean towels...same with God...you must prepare a place for 'Him'...this Spirit to
visit you.

That place, as said before here, is a calm, peaceful, stilled place created by a sincere, earnest heart.
It is made up of the innocence which we are...a simple longing to know more.
No desperation, no begging, no tears...just waiting in stillness and expectation like a child.

BUT, like a hyperactive child crying for it's mommy...often the mom, washing dishes, gives the
child a toy and goes back to her chores...then again, the child whines and the mom gives a candy bar...
and all these times the child is satisfied...
BUT then, there is a different cry....the mom sees, "Oh!He wants me!".
And nothing will satisfy him except her...her attention,
her hugs, her squeezes and love....not anything else.

It is the same with our Creator/God/Father/the All That Is....if something else pleases you,
occupies you...
He needn't come.

This is the discipline...to keep placing the needle back onto the record...your focus on
the song of the heart...not getting distracted with this world, and doubt and discouragement ...
but, staying with the tugging on the mom's apron strings.

It sometimes has been in the 3rd hour of meditating that God comes...filling my entire
inner vision...the movie screen behind my eyelids with bursting panoramas of
brilliant sunsets...at the same time speaking to me in complete sentences about so many things...
why we are here, how much 'He' loves me and how I do 'this or 'that'...
telling me wondrous things about 'Him'.

But, my belief system, that is now deeply planted in my subconscious mind...knows it is
possible to 'know and understand' this Divine Mind..as He said to Jeremiah in 9:23...
If there is doubt..well, that is just blocking the experience...
the 'dove' is spooked and flies off.

How would I describe experiencing the Divine Presence?
Stunned, breathless, transfixed, in total awe...as if the earth is standing still.

The aftermath? Stunned, in awe, humbled, crying in gratitude...wanting more and more and
more of this Grace.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:11 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
That's only half miss. I am sorry and I don't mean to be rude or dismissive the importance of what you say because it's very, very important for many to use your looking glass. But you are an officer too. You can get a glimpse of it using the periodic table. Hold it at arms length while outside and spin very slowly, it describes everything you see and feel. well, almost ... My wife still confuses the no ba jesus out of me.

Old 11-14-2019, 01:23 PM

1,378 posts, read 393,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I am spiritual, not religious. As a spiritual person, I "believe" in a power greater than myself . . .don't have a clue what it is, but I believe there is a divine power of some kind . . .

And I pray to that divine power and believe my prayers have some effect on changing "reality."

But my faith is intellectual - and maybe spiritual, but not emotional or physical . . .I can't FEEL anything coming back in terms of reciprocation . . .

So this post is for those of you who FEEL a spiritual presence . . .what can you say about that?

I am not sure why my spiritual/emotional senses are blocked (I perceive that there is a block) . . .It is very frustrating. I think my whole life would be different if I could actually FEEL a divine presence in my life.

This thread is strictly about FEELING DIVINE PRESENCE, NOT ABOUT RELIGION. I would love to hear people's experiences.
Well all my life since I was a little kid The Angel of God manifested Solidly, & lifted my soul out of my body & took it to The Spiritual Side where Heaven & Hell is, to teach me things. I had no control over when this would happen & did not even know about religion or that it was God doing all of this to me.

Then when I was older I learned about meditation, & was told that you must push all thoughts away & ignore them so that your mind becomes perfectly clear. Then The Spiritual Side will send messages to your clear mind. It took a couple of weeks of practice till one evening The Angel of God started speaking to me loud & clear, & teaching me many things that I had never heard of before.

I asked God to manifest & show Himself to me & He did. Then I found that i did not have to meditate at all. I only had to keep a clear mind & God would speak to me at all hours of the day regardless of where I was or what I was doing. And every night as soon as I lay down The Angel of God Manifests Solidly by my bed & lifts my soul out of my body & takes me to The Spiritual Side.

One day I realised God was not with me & I panicked. I was heart broken & I fell onto my knees & begged God to give me a sign that He was still watching over me.

Instantly the calm sky directly above my house exploded with deafening thunder. So that made me realise God still was watching over me & I felt better.

It has been many years & God is still 100% active in my life. I could never leave God or worship anything else. God is awesome! Still I am not religious at all in the usual sense. I simply Love GOD that's all

Old 11-14-2019, 01:30 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
Well all my life since I was a little kid The Angel of God manifested Solidly, & lifted my soul out of my body & took it to The Spiritual Side where Heaven & Hell is, to teach me things. I had no control over when this would happen & did not even know about religion or that it was God doing all of this to me.

Then when I was older I learned about meditation, & was told that you must push all thoughts away & ignore them so that your mind becomes perfectly clear. Then The Spiritual Side will send messages to your clear mind. It took a couple of weeks of practice till one evening The Angel of God started speaking to me loud & clear, & teaching me many things that I had never heard of before.

I asked God to manifest & show Himself to me & He did. Then I found that i did not have to meditate at all. I only had to keep a clear mind & God would speak to me at all hours of the day regardless of where I was or what I was doing. And every night as soon as I lay down The Angel of God Manifests Solidly by my bed & lifts my soul out of my body & takes me to The Spiritual Side.

One day I realised God was not with me & I panicked. I was heart broken & I fell onto my knees & begged God to give me a sign that He was still watching over me.

Instantly the calm sky directly above my house exploded with deafening thunder. So that made me realise God still was watching over me & I felt better.

It has been many years & God is still 100% active in my life. I could never leave God or worship anything else. God is awesome! Still I am not religious at all in the usual sense. I simply Love GOD that's all
Why should we believe that?

Old 11-14-2019, 01:48 PM

1,378 posts, read 393,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I know it is fact & I don't ever care what anyone else thinks or believes.

I think that people need to experience Spiritual things for themselves before they will understand & appreciate when it happens to somebody else.

Old 11-14-2019, 01:58 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I will give you credit for seeing through that poster.

Old 11-14-2019, 04:44 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I will give you credit for seeing through that poster.
Or maybe you better make friends with Ocean as to have an ambasador or some type of go between, gotta cover all your bases, he might really be that incence rising up to heaven as a go between man and God, I am aure God had a reason for taking him to heaven instead of us heathens.

Old 11-14-2019, 05:15 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I am spiritual, not religious. As a spiritual person, I "believe" in a power greater than myself . . .don't have a clue what it is, but I believe there is a divine power of some kind . . .

And I pray to that divine power and believe my prayers have some effect on changing "reality."

But my faith is intellectual - and maybe spiritual, but not emotional or physical . . .I can't FEEL anything coming back in terms of reciprocation . . .

So this post is for those of you who FEEL a spiritual presence . . .what can you say about that?

I am not sure why my spiritual/emotional senses are blocked (I perceive that there is a block) . . .It is very frustrating. I think my whole life would be different if I could actually FEEL a divine presence in my life.

This thread is strictly about FEELING DIVINE PRESENCE, NOT ABOUT RELIGION. I would love to hear people's experiences.
My head, my head, it's my head.

A divine presence?

What about just a presence? Why would somebody have an experience with a divine presence before they encounted a non divine presence? That wouldn't make any sense, that just isn't how it works. If there was one king over 7 billion people and the king wanted to make a certain person aware of his world, would the king stop what he's doing, shut down the kingdom just to come and speak to you? All these people claiming to have a spirit from Pentecost that they don't believe in anyway, even IF by some miracle even one of them had the spirit of Christ, it isn't Jesus at all, it is others sent in his name but then I don't believe anyone has the power of the holy spirit, they sure can't heal nobody and there are millions claiming to have such a power, but if you became an interest, it wouldn't be the king who came visiting, not the general, and not even a mere soldier, it would be from the other side, it is the unclean spirits by which we are born, and a crossing over is required, a change in authority.

Then if you had unclean spirits come to teach you, it would feel just like knowing that you suddenly know everything, your mind wont shut down, and if a door has been truly opened as planned, then you can actually communicate with smoke.

What if somebody could just prove to you that the spirit world exists?

I mean not like a palm reader or nothing like that, but that somebody found a way whereby they could at least convince you without a doubt that there are spirits that come and go through a person? Would that change how you feel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality