Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 07:13 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I had an awesome experience where it was revealed to me that the world is flat.
yes, that is called a map
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 11:07 PM

1,422 posts, read 951,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
*Laughter*

Old 06-24-2015, 11:20 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,894 times
A sometimes annoying and infuriating sense of patience

Old 06-25-2015, 08:19 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Huh? When did anyone bring up getting any factual information from mysticism?
MysticPhD repeatedly claims that his/her meditation experience proves that the Bible must be interpreted in a certain manner.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:56 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is true. The experience defies verbal description because "knowing" is so much more than mere intellectual understanding.
Quote:
I had an awesome experience where it was revealed to me that the world is flat.
Good for you. You've taken a small step into a larger world. Further education and practice will reveal its true awesomeness to you, Grasshopper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
LOL
Quote:
MysticPhD repeatedly claims that his/her meditation experience proves that the Bible must be interpreted in a certain manner.
I am male and identify as such, Freak. I make no claims of proof for anything that is not mathematical, but my personal certainty IS based on my experiences.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:51 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Freak said, "MysticPhD repeatedly claims that his/her meditation experience proves that the Bible must be interpreted in a certain manner."

Quote:
I make no claims of proof for anything that is not mathematical, but my personal certainty IS based on my experiences.
And the point remains that the means of interpretation is practical and rewarding, more than can be said for other methods.

Old 06-30-2015, 03:08 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,127 times
Quote:
but my personal certainty IS based on my experiences.
As are - it should be pointed out - that of most conspiracy theorists - people who think they were abducted by aliens - people who think their spouse is cheating on them even when they are not - and many other baseless and false claims.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:42 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Good for you. You've taken a small step into a larger world. Further education and practice will reveal its true awesomeness to you, Grasshopper.
LOL
I am male and identify as such, Freak. I make no claims of proof for anything that is not mathematical, but my personal certainty IS based on my experiences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
As are - it should be pointed out - that of most conspiracy theorists - people who think they were abducted by aliens - people who think their spouse is cheating on them even when they are not - and many other baseless and false claims.
Come on, monumentus . . . your intellectually bankrupt attempts at "guilt by association" only embarrass you. Not ALL certainty based on personal experience is bogus.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:01 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
*Laughter*
oh come on, that was funny. "its called a map" ... lmao

Old 07-01-2015, 02:12 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,127 times
Quote:
Come on, monumentus . . . your intellectually bankrupt attempts at "guilt by association" only embarrass you. Not ALL certainty based on personal experience is bogus.
Then the intellectual bankrupcy and embarrassment is yours and yours alone - because you have resorted to attacking a straw man position I never expressed. I never once - anywhere on this thread or any other - said that all certaintly based on personal experience is bogus.

Never said it. Never claimed it. Never implied it. Never even thought it.

And there is little more embarrasing and intellectually bankrupt on debate forums - short of being caught out on an outright lie - than retreating from someone's position by inventing another one and attacking that instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality