Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 02:56 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I have a son with several neurological disorders. ADHD, a neuro-integrative disorder, Tourette's, a central auditory processing disorder and he's bipolar.

He never gives up, not even when life gets crappy.

Sure, it's hard for him. People make fun of him at times but he hangs in there.

Life is what YOU make it.

well that's good for him, I guess if he 'never gives' up and doesn't ever do that. I don't know what else to say about that....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
You realize you just insuleted every single unmarried childless person on the planet, right? So not being married and no children = a pointless life? I'll agree to hellhole on some days.

well if they are single and unmarried and don't agree with what I said; feel they have some 'purpose' here, they shouldn't be insulted then.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:21 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,824 times
I volunteer to make myself feel useful, to make myself get out everyday, to help other living beings,....everyone who volunteers does it to help themselves as well as others if they're being honest...just like giving someone a gift. It makes you feel good, it releases a hormone that makes you feel good.

I am single, have no family and my son took his own life..so I have no reason to live according to some, well that's their opinion. I find I have a life that's just as meaningful as anyone else! without the BS fairytales and contradictions that religion brings!

Old 03-01-2012, 12:05 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
You want a reason to live? How about traveling across this country and experiencing every state? How about exploring every country in the world? How about learning 10 different languages fluently?

Ready to get started?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
No I do not mostly. Can't imagine another 32 years on this hellhole planet. Thanks but no thanks! I see no point to it whatsoever unless you have kids, spouse or a REASON to be here other than that, pointless.
I saw your response to the post of big city dreamer. If you cannot do that, how about helping others in your own town? Get out in the world and help people - be a mentor for children (join Big Brothers, Big Sisters), tutor a child at the local school, learn something new (take a class at the local high school or community college), use your skills for something outside yourself.

Seriously, you can change your life even if you think it's hard.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:08 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Yea well whatever works for you. I don't give a crap anymore, I'll be glad when it's all over frankly.
This sounds like clinical depression. Please see a counselor and get some help for it. You are too young to die and things change a lot over the years.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:52 PM

428 posts, read 487,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I don't know what your lot in life is, but life is what you make of it.
LOL, you beat me to it. It really is a good motto, and is true regardless of economic or health status because it's all about your attitude. It took me nearly 40 years to really take this motto to heart, but better late than never.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:04 PM

428 posts, read 487,257 times
Quote:
Because I get tired of people (some Christian) talking about the sunny side of life and if you beleive in God then this and that will happen. Well guess what? It ain't happening! Then the next thing they say is 'well you didn't beleive hard enough or pray hard enough.' It's like a secret society and those that beleive strong enough get in the and rest are left trying to figure it out. Screw it. I am fed up with that harry potter crap. Meanwhile, I don't see God coming to the rescue of my mentally ill self. I got one foot in Christianity and the other foot out at this point. you found yourself a cloud 9 and it's working out for you with your fur babies and volunteering ok that is fine, whatever floats your boat. Everyone get handed a certain lot in life and all that 'life is what you make it' is B.S. Some things aren't meant to be and that's all there is to it.
The text in bold really stands out to me. If I thought that God should be coming to my rescue and he didn't, I'd be bummed out, too. Those Christians who said you didn't pray enough sound mean. There are Christians out there who believe God wants people to take care of themselves, that he gave people the capabilities to do so.

Another thought, if you feel at a crossroads in your faith, that could be draining you mentally. I went through it when I starting losing my faith. The good news is that life without faith does get better once you get past the transition stage.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
This sounds like clinical depression. Please see a counselor and get some help for it. You are too young to die and things change a lot over the years.

It doesn't sound like clinical depression -- it is. And the therapist is basically a waste of time. I just go now because I have nothing else better to do and no one to talk to.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
I saw your response to the post of big city dreamer. If you cannot do that, how about helping others in your own town? Get out in the world and help people - be a mentor for children (join Big Brothers, Big Sisters), tutor a child at the local school, learn something new (take a class at the local high school or community college), use your skills for something outside yourself.

Seriously, you can change your life even if you think it's hard.

Yes there is a lot of opportunists it seem to do volunteering. I don't have any 'skills,' that aren't office related. I just go to work and do what I can there. Honestly, I don't know some of you people do it? Just continue praying and what not and getting no response time and again? Better you then me I guess.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyouraveragebear View Post
The text in bold really stands out to me. If I thought that God should be coming to my rescue and he didn't, I'd be bummed out, too. Those Christians who said you didn't pray enough sound mean. There are Christians out there who believe God wants people to take care of themselves, that he gave people the capabilities to do so.

Another thought, if you feel at a crossroads in your faith, that could be draining you mentally. I went through it when I starting losing my faith. The good news is that life without faith does get better once you get past the transition stage.

I don't beleive God gave people capabilities to do anything anymore. We are all just basically living one day to the next: some people have good luck while others are sh*t out of luck. There is no mystery to it all. It dawned on me one day: there must not be any God. Because if I were a god: I would not be making people go through some of the crap they go through, then when they ask for help ignore them. Stringing them along, that if they withstand all the crap now, there's some prize at the end in store. Who does that? With faith or without faith looks to me, people are experiencing the same things either way. So what's the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality