Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 02:55 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Now now Pamela, don't be too harsh with him, it's not his fault that he's ignorant of our laws and freedoms......... Just being a little facetious...
You're right, my inner feminist redneck got loose for a minute there.

I'll behave.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:00 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,974 times
Answer of the post #20 by Fred314X

The catastrophe of the people of Pompeii and Herculaneum occurred at 79 AD, while the destruction of Jerusalem by Titus the Roman was at 71 AD.

Both countries were warned of the idolatry and adultery by the apostles of Jesus Christ. And this warning had been prior to the destruction of these two countries.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:05 PM

Clearing Prophet Lot from such accusation:

"Can the drunken man lose his senses [and mind] to the extent that he cannot distinguish between his two daughters and other women?

In addition, if we suppose that the drunkenness is very severe so that he cannot recognize who is lying beside him, then in such instance the drunken man should lose his power and cannot make sexual intercourse with a woman specially if he is an old man like Lot, and his two daughters are virgin.

In addition, from where could they obtain wine, while the earthquake had destroyed those four cities?

Moreover, the saying of his older daughter: “and there is no man left on the earth, to come in unto us,”
Were not Abraham and the shepherds of his cattle in their neighborhood?

These words are only [some] of the lies of Ezra, the writer of the Torah about the prophets."

The Disagreement of the

Old 03-02-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You know it would be a good idea to clean up your own yard before trying to tell your neighbor how to clean up his yard.
The world now is one yard.
All of them are God's servants.

And these have gone to every yard.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:17 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
The world now is one yard.
All of them are God's servants.

And these have gone to every yard.

Here's your problem, you're trying to impose your beliefs on others who do not believe the same as you and the others are challenging you on that. You see in this country we have the right to believe or not believe in any kind of religion or non religion that we wish, it is a part of our Laws and Freedoms. So you have no ground to stand on here.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:20 PM

Of course, the decline will be because of the atheists and the evil-doers among the community.

If we refer to the story of Jonah: the captain of the ship believed the cause of the tempest was that there was a sinner among the passengers; so they wrote their names and picked one paper on which the name of Prophet Jonah was written, and they knew he was the sinner, and they cast him in the sea --> which immediately calmed and the whale went away after engulfing Jonah with its mouth.

So the atheists and homosexaulists and adulterers and enthusistic about Jesus and the saints, in addition to their transgression on the peoples of the world --> will be the cause of the decline of America.

Such decline may be manifested in :
  • Disasters and calamities like hurricanes, comets falling from the sky, earthquakes ...etc.
  • Plagues like the AIDS.
  • Wars like the World War III
  • Economic breakdown.
These are only some examples and truly I don't wish evil and harmful affliction of people.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:25 PM

I say: I don't wish any harmful outcome to people; but this is the God's way in dealing with people everywhere and everytime.

I have explained enough, and I shall not say any more words.

If they like to accept the advice, it will be better for them; and if they refuse to listen, and the shouting of atheists and enthusiastics and evil-doers becomes louder than their wisdom --> then it is up to people to accept or refuse; and it is up to God to punish or not to punish them.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:25 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
Of course, the decline will be because of the atheists and the evil-doers among the community.

If we refer to the story of Jonah: the captain of the ship believed the cause of the tempest was that there was a sinner among the passengers; so they wrote their names and picked one paper on which the name of Prophet Jonah was written, and they knew he was the sinner, and they cast him in the sea --> which immediately calmed and the whale went away after engulfing Jonah with its mouth.

So the atheists and homosexaulists and adulterers and enthusistic about Jesus and the saints --> will be the cause of the decline of America.

Such decline may be manifested in :
  • Disasters and calamities like hurricanes, comets falling from the sky, earthquakes ...etc.
  • Plagues like the AIDS.
  • Wars like the World War III
  • Economic breakdown.
These are only some examples and truly I don't wish evil and harmful affliction of people.

No disrespect, but it sure is nice to believe in such fairy tales and I must say there have been atheist and homosexuals throughout the entire life span of Man and it is only because of the different prejudices of the different cultures that such ancient and stone age beliefs still exist.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:34 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,317,781 times
the awful thing about this thread is that this is all a muslim fanatic (i don't know the right term, islamicist, zealot, believer) has to do. he has followed the steps required by mohammed. we have been warned and the offer made to come to the right side. and by not accepting the offer, we are now fair game to be killed, subjugated, taxed, etc.

or hit by acts of God.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:58 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,514,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
the awful thing about this thread is that this is all a muslim fanatic (i don't know the right term, islamicist, zealot, believer) has to do. he has followed the steps required by mohammed. we have been warned and the offer made to come to the right side. and by not accepting the offer, we are now fair game to be killed, subjugated, taxed, etc.

or hit by acts of God.
More awful to me is that we have some American Christians pretty much spouting the same nonsense in the name of the same God, here, now, in our midst. Shudder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality