Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 10:04 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,125,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post
There is One Jesus Christ. He didn't provide salvation for aliens on other planets.
There is a simpler answer.

There is no Jesus. Period. Honestly, the weirdo Bibleists who think the incredibly vast universe is running according to some ancient human text should really see a shrink. There is a strange pathology going on there. It's just like the Catholic church proclaiming that the Earth does not revolve around the Sun.

The UNIVERSE is astoundingly huge, strange, wonderful and surprising. Those "Christians" who want to box it into some small, little thing that is totally described entirely in their odd old book of ancient stories are missing out on the wonder of creation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 01:55 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
LOL... Love the second cross with the two horizontal bars.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:47 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Hi Woodrow, nice to see you back.

It seems that every religion has persons (Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, Joe Smith) who hear their god's teachings and pass them on to their followers.

Do you think the intelligent beings on other planets have their own leaders who talk directly with their god?

If so, then do you think their religious leaders are the same ones we have, just in a different form?
Hi Hiker,

Interesting questions.

My reply is as a Muslim, speaking his own opinion, based upon my own views and may not reflect the thoughts of all Muslims.

I believe each planet with Sapient life will have their own Prophets that have spoken with or received revelation from God(swt). as for the message being the same as that on earth, I believe it will be the same message but worded as understandable and appropriate for the people there.

The same message being simply to submit to Allaah(swt).

Old 03-08-2012, 09:30 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
The very idea that other planets have their own version of Jesus is interesting. It assumes that life on other planets must have quite a few similarities with life on Earth. I don't believe there's any good reason to make that assumption, except for our strange desire to see everything as being like us.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:04 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Hi Woodrow, nice to see you back.
It seems that every religion has persons (Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, Joe Smith) who hear their god's teachings and pass them on to their followers.
Do you think the intelligent beings on other planets have their own leaders who talk directly with their god?
If so, then do you think their religious leaders are the same ones we have, just in a different form?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Hi Hiker,
Interesting questions.
My reply is as a Muslim, speaking his own opinion, based upon my own views and may not reflect the thoughts of all Muslims.
I believe each planet with Sapient life will have their own Prophets that have spoken with or received revelation from God(swt). as for the message being the same as that on earth, I believe it will be the same message but worded as understandable and appropriate for the people there.
The same message being simply to submit to Allaah(swt).
Interesting. The submission seems an odd requirement for an Almighty God. If it has no other purpose . . . it would seem to be vacuous and unnecessary . . . God being Almighty and all. I suspect that it is supposed to be an early training paradigm for developing self-control over our drives and judgment for exercising that control using our mature consciousness. Once that judgment and control is in place, there would seem to be little to no need for submission at all . . . but that's just me, Wood. It just seems more purposeful than some pointless submission.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:47 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,109,209 times
Quote:
Wouldn't it be a hoot if some of our future space explorers visited a planet and found them about ready to crucufy their Jesus?
Or this?

Old 03-08-2012, 01:48 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Would be very interesting to hear what some alien race thought of the religious ways of thinking here on planet Earth.
Would they have their own similar ways of thinking,another theory altogether? or would they have answers to disprove our religions and look at them as akin to worshiping rain gods and sun gods?

Old 03-08-2012, 01:55 PM

337 posts, read 409,067 times
Quote:
I assume you believe that your god also takes care of intelligent life on other planets in the Universe.

What intelligent life?

Old 03-08-2012, 01:57 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,513,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
Yes, and one day all these "Jesus'" will engage in an MMA cage match, and whoever comes out on top wins the souls of all of the universes's inhabitants.
I've got my money of Raptor Jesus, personally.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:44 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
Quote:
I assume you believe that your god also takes care of intelligent life on other planets in the Universe.

But who takes the place of Jesus on those planets? Did our version of Jesus also live on those planets to give them salvation, or do they have their own version of Jesus?

What if those civilizations are much, much more advanced than ours and became intelligent millions of years ago? Do you think their Jesus also lived millions of years ago? If so, they sure have been waiting a long time for their Rapture.
Every being in the whole universe is going to be headed up in Christ (Ephesians 1:9,10).

Every being in the whole universe is going to be reconciled to God due to Christ going to the cross (Colossians 1:20).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality