Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2012, 10:07 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,850,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I think spirit can be scientifically tested;
Now you do say it is scientifically testable, when before you wrote this:

Quote:
I did not say it was scientifically testable, I said its testable; You test the spirit by using the spirit. Its just that simple; you try the spirit by the spirit.
In one post you write that it is scientifically testable after you denied that it is scientifically testable.

Quote:
yet I don't know if God would cooperate with it. The thing is, I doubt that science would cooperate with it either. I have tested my spirit. For example, I once; well not once but several times asked God that if he is real, simply show me. He has answered that prayer a thousand times, but to my surprise, he KEEPS on answering it; as if he is overdoing it even. Now that test worked for me, yet I do not have the ability to transfer that test into your consciousness to see.

So prayer is a way to test Spirit, but how is that explained to one who does not pray? ( I am not assuming you don't pray, I am giving example of how difficult it is to show spiritual test results that I know science will not accept).

I once asked God to improve my ability to write, he did.
I once asked him to increase the attraction to what I write; he did.
I once challenged God, not once but hundreds of times for him to give me his Holy Spirit, which is different from the spirit of consciousness; he didn't. So every test I have tried has not worked, many have.

I was at a website posting one time, stayed there awhile and certain posters there gave me a pretty rough time of it. I left and I told myself I am tired of writing about God and all that stuff. I threw away ALL my notes, books, and stopped posting everywhere. I said I am done. In two weeks I returned to it because what was in me was stronger than me. It MADE me continue. That was a test for me; that things influence me that are stronger than me.
The purpose of scientifically testing something is to remove subjectivity. All your tests were the very definition of subjectivity. You can't know through scientific testing whether your "feelings" are just a figment of your imagination or actually from God. It is as if you are using a metal detector to detect a fashion sense.

Last edited by PanTerra; 06-29-2012 at 11:36 AM..

Old 06-29-2012, 12:32 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,602,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Now you do say it is scientifically testable, when before you wrote this:

In one post you write that it is scientifically testable after you denied that it is scientifically testable. quote

I know what I said and when I said it, I just don't let you put words in my mouth, I never denied it was scientifically testable. But I think it can be.

The purpose of scientifically testing something is to remove subjectivity. All your tests were the very definition of subjectivity. You can't know through scientific testing whether your "feelings" are just a figment of your imagination or actually from God. It is as if you are using a metal detector to detect a fashion sense.

You can't know, but I already know. My consciousness is a profound proof of God; what has happened to it was not my doing. The increase of knowledge and understanding; the discernment; the wisdom; I know and know that I know God is real.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:05 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,850,031 times
Quote:
You can't know, but I already know. My consciousness is a profound proof of God; what has happened to it was not my doing. The increase of knowledge and understanding; the discernment; the wisdom; I know and know that I know God is real.
Well of course, I am not denying that you believe that. But you have not gained this belief through objective means, which is what scientific tests are based. YOu have gained this belief through subjective means. That is all I'm saying. No scientific tests are available for testing a spirit. Sometimes you agree with that and then sometimes you don't.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:06 PM

33,595 posts, read 37,235,200 times
Quote:
You have not gained knowledge, what you have are only your own opinions....Opinions are not knowledge.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:35 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,943,192 times
Quote:
As you've showed us in the other post, in your "explanation" of what was wrong with [b]The SM[/B], you also have no good idea of the concept of "proof" You assume that all the things you feel or hopefully wish for are proof enough for you, but then also for everyone else.

They used to "know", for instance, that if the human body exceeded 35 mph, as in a car or in a train, it would fly apart. Shucks; I'm up to that before I'm even at the end of my long driveway in my ultra-slow diesel pickup truck! And I'm still here!

So many people who desperately want or need for there to be a personal God assigned just to them do indeed assume they are recipients of God's own personal prayers and words of wisdom. But sadly, when confronted and asked for some sort of actual proof (for this concept see my posts on the SM and what "proofs" require before a person makes unsupportable conclusions...), it all falls apart for them.

And so, if you really want to hear a voice of God (or of David Koresh, as I saw last night on the WACO Texas debacle... those people actually "knew" David was the second coming of Christ.... <sigh> and so they all died, along with their innocent children...) then of course you will believe.

Sadly, given that there is no demonstrable God so far, and His miracles have been far better explained with subsequent empirical truths and proofs of those alternates, then we must of needs come to the inevitable and logical conclusion that Occam's Razor is indeed operational; that the simpler, more logical explanation is also likely the correct one!

Esp. when we can prove it! And by proof, I mean PROOF, not speculation and wishful thinking!

Old 06-29-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Well of course, I am not denying that you believe that. But you have not gained this belief through objective means, which is what scientific tests are based. YOu have gained this belief through subjective means. That is all I'm saying. No scientific tests are available for testing a spirit. Sometimes you agree with that and then sometimes you don't.

Well because sometimes its true and often its not. There are scientific ways to examine spiritual matters, BUT, spiritual people and spiritual knowledge MUST be enlisted! And they refuse to cooperate like that.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:00 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,850,013 times
De-evolution has always been. I firmly believe that man has been in his present form for millions of years- civilizations have risen and fallen - gone to unreadable dust..then back to form. The de-evolution exists in the idea that as we move forward in linear time that somehow we improve- This mindset is grand delusional de-evolution.

People will find something that appears to be part man and part ape- usually there are pure humans who just happen to come from real ugly and inbred families. I have seen these folks in our time- They look like primitive cave dwellers..

Adaptation is more profound than a theory of change for times sake. Those hung up on equality of the species desperately want to devalue mankind and bring them down to mere monkeys...BUT- human consciousness does grow greater and evolution only takes place in the mind. More and more people are becoming more god like- internally- spiritually and intellectually. This evolution is the only legitimate one- The human mind can not be measured in this respect because humans are private about their consciousness and awareness...They must adapt to a culture that desperately wants to return to barbarity through the help of flawed and wishful science.

I was never a monkey- life forms are all related in the fact that they are life forms...For those who want to believe their father was a ape- so be it- For those who want to believe they are of a cosmic and divine origin older than time- so be it.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
As you've showed us in the other post, in your "explanation" of what was wrong with The SM[/B], you also have no good idea of the concept of "proof" You assume that all the things you feel or hopefully wish for are proof enough for you, but then also for everyone else.

They used to "know", for instance, that if the human body exceeded 35 mph, as in a car or in a train, it would fly apart. Shucks; I'm up to that before I'm even at the end of my long driveway in my ultra-slow diesel pickup truck! And I'm still here!

So many people who desperately want or need for there to be a personal God assigned just to them do indeed assume they are recipients of God's own personal prayers and words of wisdom. But sadly, when confronted and asked for some sort of actual proof (for this concept see my posts on the SM and what "proofs" require before a person makes unsupportable conclusions...), it all falls apart for them.

And so, if you really want to hear a voice of God (or of David Koresh, as I saw last night on the WACO Texas debacle... those people actually "knew" David was the second coming of Christ.... <sigh> and so they all died, along with their innocent children...) then of course you will believe.

Sadly, given that there is no demonstrable God so far, and His miracles have been far better explained with subsequent empirical truths and proofs of those alternates, then we must of needs come to the inevitable and logical conclusion that Occam's Razor is indeed operational; that the simpler, more logical explanation is also likely the correct one!

[b]Esp. when we can prove it! And by proof, I mean PROOF, not speculation and wishful thinking!

We can prove right now! How many years have you argued against there being a God? How many years have we argued with each other? You have not disproved it in all these years. How many Atheist converts have there been during those years, verses the believing converts during those years? STILL theres more believers converted to the idea of a God, verses those who convert to disbelief, even though the numbers of church membership is shrinking in places, most of those leaving religion, STILL believe in a God! Your inability to disprove God in a finite way, IS proof of a God, because all of your combined efforts cannot erase him. You cannot erase him from history or the belief of people, BECAUSE he exist.

Again, right now stunning proof of God!

Old 06-29-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
De-evolution has always been. I firmly believe that man has been in his present form for millions of years- civilizations have risen and fallen - gone to unreadable dust..then back to form. The de-evolution exists in the idea that as we move forward in linear time that somehow we improve- This mindset is grand delusional de-evolution.

People will find something that appears to be part man and part ape- usually there are pure humans who just happen to come from real ugly and inbred families. I have seen these folks in our time- They look like primitive cave dwellers..

Adaptation is more profound than a theory of change for times sake. Those hung up on equality of the species desperately want to devalue mankind and bring them down to mere monkeys...BUT- human consciousness does grow greater and evolution only takes place in the mind. More and more people are becoming more god like- internally- spiritually and intellectually. This evolution is the only legitimate one- The human mind can not be measured in this respect because humans are private about their consciousness and awareness...They must adapt to a culture that desperately wants to return to barbarity through the help of flawed and wishful science.

I was never a monkey- life forms are all related in the fact that they are life forms...For those who want to believe their father was a ape- so be it- For those who want to believe they are of a cosmic and divine origin older than time- so be it.

Oh Oleg I'd give you a reputation thing for that, but I never have gave one to anyone, and I don't know how to do it.

Again, a sizzling post!

Old 06-29-2012, 04:30 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,908,814 times
After an asteroid hits the Earth and kills almost all living creatures, including all humans, evolution will quickly replace all of us.

For further education in Natural History, purchase all of the 'Planet of the Apes' movies and watch them carefully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality