Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 10:34 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Many people and many cultures have been against homosexual acts, so I don't think it is fair to say all of these people have been motivated by hatred.

Maybe people see homosexuals as being a drain on society because they don't procreate as much, which could be seen as harmful to societies struggling to survive.

Whatever it is, I'm glad homosexuals are being more accepted these days. Our American society is much better than it used to be.
HOw is it not fair to say it's not motivated by hatred? there are many cultural positions and beliefs that COME FROM a position of hate and are taught to an entire culture.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Would it ever cross your mind that there are many Gay people opposed to Gay marriage? I, being Gay, included?

I'm opposed to marriage, Period!!!
there are many straight people who are opposed to marriage, yet straight people still have the right to get married.

try being opposed to YOUR marriage and leave everyone else's life alone

Old 03-16-2012, 10:46 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Oh, so you agree that same-sex marriage should be legalized.

That's certainly a step in the right direction!
How do you figurte that from what I said...only " Man and Women " is what the wedlock is for...to abuse it, is to abuse God.

Who in their right mind abuses, opposes, denies, mocks and twists things of God?

The Anti Christ....the Anti or opposer of Eden, or God's word...that is what is being born not only in them...but the children...and why is that?...something to do with what presides over the wedlock perhaps?...Pedophiles cursing the seed? and the children? and the baptismal...and changing the words....I would imagine brings more twisted into it all....eh?

Are you reading me now....Only man and woman....only...only: = only...there is no other way to say it...so get it right...and the truth will be nearby.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:54 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
How do you figurte that from what I said...only " Man and Women " is what the wedlock is for...to abuse it, is to abuse God.

Who in their right mind abuses, opposes, denies, mocks and twists things of God?

The Anti Christ....the Anti or opposer of Eden, or God's word...that is what is being born not only in them...but the children...and why is that?...something to do with what presides over the wedlock perhaps?...Pedophiles cursing the seed? and the children? and the baptismal...and changing the words....I would imagine brings more twisted into it all....eh?

Are you reading me now....Only man and woman....only...only: = only...there is no other way to say it...so get it right...and the truth will be nearby.
Post #8, third paragraph from the bottom beginning with the word "hence".

If that isn't an approval of gay marriage I don't know what is.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post

um, God kinda created me and created my sexual orientation and i'm gay. so i don't understand how you think people are mocking God by being born the way God chose

Old 03-17-2012, 12:44 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
I am firmly of the opinion that gay people have every right to be just as miserable as everyone else. Holy Headlock should be available to them.

Seriously, it is absurd for homosexuals not to have the right to marry. As for procreation, if there is one thing the world doesn't need, it is more people.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:01 AM

Location: A circle of Hell so insidious, infernal and odious, Dante dared not map it
623 posts, read 1,225,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Does it affect your life if a same-sex couple love each other and want to marry? No, it doesn't.
That's not entirely true... I mean, legalizing same-sex marriage would be an immediate injection of hundreds of millions of dollars (if not over a billion) into the economy, in addition to the permanent increase in demand for weddings: from goods and services directly related to the wedding industry, to gifts and other things needed for the ceremony. In turn, that would benefit the economy, provide some jobs, and the tax revenue would go to support fire and police coverage, education, infrastructure, transportation, etc.

But hey, if God (or people living a few thousand years ago pretending to be God with absolutely no concept of what life would be like in the 21st Century) say it's bad for society, then who are we to argue?

Old 03-17-2012, 02:35 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I hear so many people say.. 'i don't hate gays but i'm against gay marriage'.

How does that even make any sense?.....

....isn't that like saying that 'i don't hate you but i'm not for you having any food'

or hitting someone in the face and saying you don't hate them.
Or 'I don't hate negroes, I just don't like the colour of their skin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Maybe people see homosexuals as being a drain on society because they don't procreate as much, which could be seen as harmful to societies struggling to survive.
Oh yeah!! We look at if we're struggling to survive don't we!!!! Rather, perhaps they should be applauded and rewarded for not contributing to an already overloaded population huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I am firmly of the opinion that gay people have every right to be just as miserable as everyone else.
Hear! Hear! That man.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:44 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Oh yeah!! We look at if we're struggling to survive don't we!!!! Rather, perhaps they should be applauded and rewarded for not contributing to an already overloaded population huh?
Indeed!

We'd get to a global population of 8,000,000,000 a lot sooner if all those selfish gays weren't refusing to do their share ...

Old 03-17-2012, 02:50 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Indeed!

We'd get to a global population of 8,000,000,000 a lot sooner if all those selfish gays weren't refusing to do their share ...
They should be flogged!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality