Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 10:19 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,912,983 times

Advertisements

He just coaxes those animals out, two by two () onto the top deck and let this wave action...

Image Detail for - http://dode777.jeeran.com/rogue-wave,1.jpg

...do the job!

Quite simple Ehy whot, ewlde chep?

BTW, the following were the only two known photographs ever to have been taken from onboard the ship, out the one lone forward window!

Image Detail for - http://media.iwm.org.uk/iwm/mediaLib/27/media-27289/large.jpg

and this equally astounding perspective...

Btw, they titled this one "Oh My God!"., but God never answered. (He was too busy being sea-sick down below in The Ark Café latté lounge, with some hottie Empress penguin....)

Image Detail for - http://www.theartofdredging.com/rogue-wave.jpg

(Well, given how they all felt after this litte hydrological/marine disruption event, after that, the crew felt that pictures stole one's God-given soul, and thus they threw the one lone Polaroid Professional Cam overboard the very next morning. And thus, an entire photo-documentation log of the "Ark's Voyage of Discovery" was lost for all time!)

Well... BUMMER, huh?

Old 04-17-2012, 10:20 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,912,983 times
Wink Proof of The Ark, asked and answered!

Duplicate post: removed.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
I agree, Rifleman, that anything like a large lake, even a relatively shallow one, is going to be subject to wind and waves and is going to roll that boat like the very devil as the You tube simulation showed, even with those postulated drogue - stones. And we are not talking about a peaceful lagoon - like cauldron of calm water encircled by Eusebius' valley - encircling foothills, we are talking about a world-wide mountain - covering flood, even if we did swallow mountains just high enough to allow the present world's water to flood it.

In addition to all the other problems, the last thing Noah needed was the Ark running aground on a reef or hilltops.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:18 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,962,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I am risking going off the very important topic of the disposal of Ark -waste, and even the subject of the Flood -story itself, but this has to be said and is (I flatter myself) some justification for the effort of devising a system of waste disposal which you, Friend Eusebius, have ignored in favour of a totally fatheaded mechanical device to heft the noisome ejecta UPWARDS for disposal over the side - fiifty tons of assorted manure daily, conveyer- belted up to the Noachian living quarters on the top deck (1) where the wives can interrupt their kneading of dough to help with the shoveling of the noisome slurry over the side - that which actually makes it to the sea rather than adhering to the ordure - encrusted planking of this floating latrine. Enough of the subject . On to theology.
First of all, have you done a scientific study UNDER the exact same situation the animals were in to absolutely determine there was 50 tons of waste? No, you have not and in fact no one has. So your words are just that, words without proof.

Quote:
Arq- EusebiusThank you. I was hoping you'd post 'God had to drown all of humanity to teach them a lesson' (the rest of creation I guess we can call collateral damage)

But what was the point of creating a humanity which needed to have such a lesson taught? God's plan was surely to make a perfect man who would obey, not eat his apples or listen to his snakes (which makes one wonder why he put the damn things there in the first place) and would have eternal life. And yet it ended up going wrong.
But God will have perfect humans. It is just that first they have to learn the knowledge of good and evil. God didn't make Adam perfect so he would obey perfectly. That would have gone contrary to His intention. He put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the midst of the garden and put the serpent in the garden too and made a woman so she would be deceived and have Adam fall in love with her so he would follow her in the sin.

Quote:
Why then didn't God (who presumably knew how it would all turn out) just scrap Adam and Eden and begin with the only righteous man - Noah - and his family, instead?
I thought I already explained why. Did you see my explanation?

Quote:
If he got that right, why would anyone need to be taught such a lesson? It can only be that God intended Adam to Fall, intended for there to be original sin, violence and wickedness and that he fully intended to give himself the pleasure of destroying all humanity except a few to breed from so he could go on punishing them for their wickedness and disobedience.
That's exactly right. God never intended the human race to be perfect from the start. It had to learn lessons first and then He would send a Saviour to change everyone. BTW, Noah was "relatively" righteous. He was still a sinner because he still had death operating in him which was passed down from Adam. Mankind need to learn what is wrong and the way to teach them what is wrong is to discipline them. Are you a father? When your children go against your will do you discipline them to teach them not to lie? not to steal? not to go out into the road where they can get killed? No, you just let them go willy nilly anyway they want? If you did that it would prove you don't really love them. The same with God. He proves His love by chastening us when we screw up.

Quote:
Thus, this is a god who delighteths in evil, in violence and wickedness, and Satan is his creation (as of course it had to be, or God would Done Something About It) and His devoted servant in the ongoing evil and misery inflicted on suffering humanity.
No, He created evil but He does not delight in using it. He created Satan bad in the first place. Satan did not become bad. Satan is God's dog on a leash. God uses Him for very specific programs to teach humanity lessons. Our armies do the same thing with our instrument to teach rogue nations lessons.

Quote:
Why then it all makes sense! The wars, the plagues, the atrocities, the injustice, the pogroms, which - hunts and persecutions - and of course the ultimate horror lying in wait for for us - eternal supreme torture for ever.
No, God is eventually going to save all mankind (1 Timothy 2:4-6) because Christ ransomed all mankind. So there can't be eternal torture.

Quote:
Oh, but the faithful are going to be ok. They can sit in heaven as smug as all get out and listen with pleasure - or at least a dutifully sorrowful schadenfreude - to the myriad screams of a hundred billion tortured souls..well, their own fault for choosing the wrong belief.
No, that's not how it is going to be. Sorry but you have some very strange ideas about what I believe.

Quote:
Yeah? I recall a spoof tract showing a naked Jack Chick before a God roaring with maniacal laughter. 'Of course you're going to hell, too! Didn't you realize that I'm totally psychotic?'
Chick is weird. You are using the of fallacy of "guilt by association" as if I believe like Jack Chick or that Chick believes like all Christians.

Quote:
Is it any wonder that we talk about the god of the Bible being evil? Isn't it abundantly clear that the Divine swine must have been howling with unholy glee as He 'Inspired' his prophets to laboriously copy down his dictation that he is good, just, merciful, perfect...? Isn't it understandable that the Problem of Evil is the single most common reason why believers deconvert?
Quote:
Because of course I don't think God is evil. Certainly I don't believe that there is a god who is the ghastly ratbag described in the bible and by you, just now, in this very post.
I didn't show God being evil by what I wrote.

Quote:
Isn't it abundantly clear that, if there IS a god that made us all, it isn't the God of the Bible.
It is the God of the Bible. It isn't the god of Jack Chick.

Quote:
Isn't it clear that Biblegod does not and cannot exist - which is what 'strong' atheists are actually saying. And about Biblegod I am as strong an atheist as any.
I'm sorry you feel that way. If God didn't exist you would not.

Quote:
You must surely see that none of this Flood story makes any sense. Genesis is a collection of primitive myths that have long outlasted their credibility and are worthy of belief only by whackjobs who should never be let out in public unless with a muzzle, on a leash and accompanied by a handler with an electrified cattle prod.

(1) quips about Poop -decks is up for grabs
Of course it makes sense. This flood story makes perfect sense. Genesis is a collection of historic accounts of both genealogies and accounts of what went on at the start of the human record. I would surely not characterize myself as a whack job as you have. I wouldn't characterize you as a whack job just because you don't believe like I do. So let's quit with the adolescent name calling.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:18 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,480,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the dung goes overboard. if EPA and SPCA would have been around moses would have never been allowed to leave port and u would not be posting.
Moses probably never did leave port. He was too busy talking to burning bushes. But NOAH?? Thats a different story!

Old 04-17-2012, 11:21 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,480,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
First of all, have you done a scientific study UNDER the exact same situation the animals were in to absolutely determine there was 50 tons of waste? No, you have not and in fact no one has. So your words are just that, words without proof.

But God will have perfect humans. It is just that first they have to learn the knowledge of good and evil. God didn't make Adam perfect so he would obey perfectly. That would have gone contrary to His intention. He put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the midst of the garden and put the serpent in the garden too and made a woman so she would be deceived and have Adam fall in love with her so he would follow her in the sin.

I thought I already explained why. Did you see my explanation?

That's exactly right. God never intended the human race to be perfect from the start. It had to learn lessons first and then He would send a Saviour to change everyone. BTW, Noah was "relatively" righteous. He was still a sinner because he still had death operating in him which was passed down from Adam. Mankind need to learn what is wrong and the way to teach them what is wrong is to discipline them. Are you a father? When your children go against your will do you discipline them to teach them not to lie? not to steal? not to go out into the road where they can get killed? No, you just let them go willy nilly anyway they want? If you did that it would prove you don't really love them. The same with God. He proves His love by chastening us when we screw up.

No, He created evil but He does not delight in using it. He created Satan bad in the first place. Satan did not become bad. Satan is God's dog on a leash. God uses Him for very specific programs to teach humanity lessons. Our armies do the same thing with our instrument to teach rogue nations lessons.

No, God is eventually going to save all mankind (1 Timothy 2:4-6) because Christ ransomed all mankind. So there can't be eternal torture.

No, that's not how it is going to be. Sorry but you have some very strange ideas about what I believe.

Chick is weird. You are using the of fallacy of "guilt by association" as if I believe like Jack Chick or that Chick believes like all Christians.

I didn't show God being evil by what I wrote.

It is the God of the Bible. It isn't the god of Jack Chick.

I'm sorry you feel that way. If God didn't exist you would not.

Of course it makes sense. This flood story makes perfect sense. Genesis is a collection of historic accounts of both genealogies and accounts of what went on at the start of the human record. I would surely not characterize myself as a whack job as you have. I wouldn't characterize you as a whack job just because you don't believe like I do. So let's quit with the adolescent name calling.
You do understand that your Quran is just as INSANE as the Bible right? Long live Salman Rushdie!!

Old 04-17-2012, 12:28 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
I think maybe Noah had one of these...

Spreading Manure - YouTube

Old 04-17-2012, 12:35 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,852,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Exact same applies to you old fruit! All your...'Noah could have', 'Noah might have' and 'maybe Noah did this, that or the other' amount to nowt but crap because you have not done a scientific study UNDER the exact same situation the animals were in to absolutely determine that your claims about Noah doing this that or the other could be in the realms of possibility. So your words are just that, words without proof.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:37 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,921,932 times
What did he feed them?

Old 04-17-2012, 12:39 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Maybe god instructed Noah to make butt plugs from gopher wood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality