Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 05:42 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,649,419 times

Advertisements

Hiya folks,

A recent comment by someone on this forum (I can't remember who the person was or which thread it was in) got me thinking. Obviously the majority of people who post in this section of the forum are religious and I was just wondering what are your views on homosexuality and bisexuality? Do you see it as a sin or do you believe that it is okay?

I'll be interested to see what people's opinions are.

boycew02
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 05:47 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
Hiya folks,

A recent comment by someone on this forum (I can't remember who the person was or which thread it was in) got me thinking. Obviously the majority of people who post in this section of the forum are religious and I was just wondering what are your views on homosexuality and bisexuality? Do you see it as a sin or do you believe that it is okay?

I'll be interested to see what people's opinions are.

boycew02
This is always a hot topic. There are actually several threads about this in the previous pages...you should check them out as well!

Old 08-02-2007, 05:57 PM

Sorry, didn't see any other threads about it.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:11 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,182,701 times
Look on page#3. I think that post went for over twenty pages.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:29 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,719,430 times
Since there are newer members always coming to the forums I think it's okay to start a new thread as it will always create new conversations. And yes, it was me who brought up the issue of homosexuality. I came out of the gay life and am living a hetero life now, having a wife and two children. I am beginning a ministry that will reach out to the church to help other men know they have somewhere to turn to talk about these desires.

No, the ministry is not about judgement. I've been there and have been rejected by the church and the world, so I will not reject or turn anyone away. They don't have to come to Christ, just know that they have a place to safely talk and know they are heard without being judged.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:32 PM

I'm a Church going, law abiding Christian but I don't see the problem with being gay. Gay people aren't hurting anyone or forcing anyone into doing something that they don't want to do. They're not breaking the law or stealing from or cheating people. Surely if being gay was so immoral then God wouldn't make people that way.

Just for the record I am bisexual and I can assure you I didn't choose to be this way. I didn't sit down one day and decide to be, it's just how I am. For the most part sexuality isn't something that you can just change in someone. You can try but it won't work. If somebody put a gun to your head and forced you to start hating your favourite food then you could pretend to but it would never actually change anything and being homosexual is the same kind of situation. The way I see it as much as you try, you can never truely change someone's sexuality.

But in the end we're all entitled to our own opinions. The way I see it however is just so long as someone is loving and caring and is basically a good human being then it doesn't matter what their sexual preference is.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:33 PM

46 posts, read 158,706 times
I know many people who are not religious but do not agree with homsexuality and even those and they are most couldn't care less what they do in the bedroom or anyone infact they certainly do not want to see it , hear it or think they should be married

not only that everyone can't understand a couple of points

1, why do they have to let otherts know if they are gay, i.e. the rainbow stickers on cars, flags even wanting to fly flags on govt buildings

2, why do they feel the need to have these parades and acting like they do or dressing like they do

3, why all of a sudden do some not all for men have to suddenly be femmine and the women have to be butch

to the mod

I know a woman who was well gay I suppose but she became straight from that time on she was banished from her so called friends and even had bad phone calls at night so much she had to change her number, basically she wasn't accepted in her new life
3 years later she is now married to a man and is pregnant plus she said she's the happiest she's ever felt

apperently she told me that it's now becoming more popular for gays to now become straight

to the mod
after seeing what happened to her and how she was treated well I never thought friends so called or a group of people could turn against anyone so much

Old 08-02-2007, 07:42 PM

8 posts, read 19,205 times
Default why they announce they're gay

Because if it becomes commonplace enough, then maybe there will be enough acceptance that their lives aren't so much at risk just for being gay.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:01 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,719,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew in the house View Post
apperently she told me that it's now becoming more popular for gays to now become straight

to the mod
after seeing what happened to her and how she was treated well I never thought friends so called or a group of people could turn against anyone so much
That's an interesting comment. Personally I did not become straight due to popularity. I chose to stop being gay because I believed, and still do, that being gay is not God's plan for anyone's life. I have gotten a lot of flack from people for saying things like that, but again, I do not judge other people's choices. And I do believe being gay is a choice. Having been there, I can speak from personal experience.

Now your second comment about how she was treated...I'm a bit confused at what you're saying. Could you explain again please?

Old 08-02-2007, 08:06 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,464,010 times
Hoosier, couldn't rep you again, but posting to say first: You are so courageous to speak so honestly about your life and views, even if it may not be "politically" correct.

Also, after reading the bible, I do agree with what you said, and in the past when I was a Tarot Card Reader, I had no idea about the bible or God's Will, and although it is different, I stopped doing as much as I could that is out of God's will, even though it was a business that was supporting me.

Still reminding son to get you the man who came to our church, just wanted you to know I didn't forget.

Also, God Bless You, and Will Bless you for your Ministry. Lifesigns
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality