Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2020, 11:38 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times

Advertisements

Hardly. There are probably only a smattering of fundamentalist Christians who feel that way. Actually, such a separation is endemic to Islam. There is no such thing as a separation between Islam and the state.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 10-10-2020 at 11:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2020, 11:52 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
This is not the level you've been talking about.

I suggest you go live in a predominantly non-christian country for a while where there is an official or semi-official religion that is not yours.
I like it in America. I like the freedoms we have guaranteed to us. Why would I want to go live anywhere else?

Old 10-10-2020, 12:35 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
This is not the level you've been talking about.

I suggest you go live in a predominantly non-christian country for a while where there is an official or semi-official religion that is not yours.
and I suggest you go protest in your beloved anti-religious countries and see what happens when you question it.

Old 10-10-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
In other words -- majority rules everyone.
as opposed to your way "marginalized should be deciding the rules". "criminals define the law".

good plan ... no wonder you run away and grab your float ducky before thinking.

Old 10-10-2020, 01:20 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I like it in America. I like the freedoms we have guaranteed to us. Why would I want to go live anywhere else?
To learn.

Old 10-10-2020, 01:22 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
as opposed to your way "marginalized should be deciding the rules". "criminals define the law".

good plan ... no wonder you run away and grab your float ducky before thinking.
The Maha-mangala Sutta

Old 10-10-2020, 04:04 PM

Quote:
The Maha-mangala Sutta
yup, just like Christians, when they have to think on their own they grab a holy book. It makes everything real for them.

And you guys could care less how many people you hurt so long as you get your way.

Old 10-10-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
To learn.
every person should be required to go aboard to the countries of the world.

to learn just how good we got it here. People should be required to go to countries with at least 80 to 100 million people to see how they run.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:11 AM

197 posts, read 86,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
All of the provisions of the Constitution (and all of the Amendments) apply to all government entities in the United States. That was made clear in 1868 by the 14th Amendment. No, state and local governments cannot have official religions.
American Hindus were very brave fighting for their right to express their religious belief in the public in the incident at Oklahoma capitol building. Fundamentalist Christians had to surrender when they acknowledged that they had to share space with other faiths.

The most effective way to fight against Christian totalitarianism is to encourage more religious recognition. Christians have to either learn to to coexist with other religious groups or retreat for a neutral space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh9cjUv9XgY&t=1s

This incident is a good example for my argument. Atheists should be encouraged to give invocation, too. With people like the Christian you are arguing against, you cannot use water to put out their fire; you need to use more fire from everywhere you can reach.

Old 10-11-2020, 01:08 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,026,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Hardly. There are probably only a smattering of fundamentalist Christians who feel that way. Actually, such a separation is endemic to Islam. There is no such thing as a separation between Islam and the state.
How do you explain Indonesia which is the most populated Muslim country in the world and The National emblem of Indonesia is called Garuda Pancasila. Garuda, the discipled carrier or vehicle (vahana) of Lord Vishnu, appears in many ancient Hindu temples of ancient Indonesia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation..._Pancasila.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality