Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 08:33 AM

62 posts, read 147,882 times

Advertisements

My hubby and I have been married for about 4 years. He was gay for most of his life before he met me. He was never happy being gay and always wanted to convert so that he could be seen as "normal," "worthy of love," etc. Also, being gay flew in the face of his deep Christian beliefs. He tells me he never really obscesses about gay sex anymore because he has me to take care of his needs. (I'm sorry if this is TMI!) I posted on the relationships board about my concerns with him and his BFF and most people said that I should be more concerned about his homosexuality than his BFF. My question to formerly gay men married to straight women--do you ever really get over being gay or is it something you continue to repress?? Oh, and how many years have you been/were you married for? And do you really enjoy sex with your wife, or are you always pretending she is some male that you are attracted to? Okay, that was 3 questions. But I just really need to know...am I wasting my time on this marriage and has he been lying to me (AND TO HIMSELF!) all along?

Old 10-05-2007, 08:41 AM

443 posts, read 1,541,567 times
In the vast majority of cases, there is no such thing as 'formerly gay'.

People can force themselves to do all kinds of things, but it never changes who they truly are.

No amount of praying can overcome biology.

Please understand, I have no doubts that you love each other, but his desire for love and sex with men will never disappear.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:44 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
The questions you have to answer for yourself, is, do you love and respect him? Would you still love and respect him if you had no sex with him at all? Does he respect you and return your love?

Is he a very good friend, that you enjoy being around, or just someone to sleep with?

I think you have to be able to have positive answers to questions like this before you can evaluate whether or not his being gay is a problem.

Pretend that he wasn't gay. Could you accept that at some time he might see an old female love? It's the same thing. Sex with someone else. It might happen.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:54 AM

62 posts, read 147,882 times
[quote=Padgett2;1658533]
Is he a very good friend, that you enjoy being around, or just someone to sleep with? quote]
This is the problem....I wonder if all I really am to his is a very good friend?? I want to be HIS WIFE! I want him to love me the way a husband loves his wife. Is that asking too much? Is this a demon that we will always be wrestling with?

Old 10-05-2007, 09:05 AM

443 posts, read 1,541,567 times
Well, if you haven't had children yet, I would advise against it.... because some day he may change his mind, and your marriage might fall apart... putting kids through that isn't fair.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:07 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Do you (surfergirl) have a religion-based question about this? If not I might move this to the relationship forum, if you don't mind.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:16 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
A wife should be, first, a very good friend to her husband. And he should feel the same for her. A marriage that is based on expectations of something else, whatever that something else may be, is going to disappoint.

I don't see how anyone can love without friendship.

Our bible speak often of Love. All sorts of Love. The absences of Love is a terrible thing.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:23 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Surfer, I read all your posts and the answers you got from the posters in the relationship forum. Most were good suggestions, but you politely rejected anything that was proposed to help you solve your problem..I really think that you are at the point that you should talk to a professional about this very serious problem that you have, since these forums and well meaning posters are not helping you..May you find your peace

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Do you (surfergirl) have a religion-based question about this? If not I might move this to the relationship forum, if you don't mind.
I think the OP may be wanting a Christian - based response, gizmo.

3,086 posts, read 6,272,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanoid View Post
Well, if you haven't had children yet, I would advise against it.... because some day he may change his mind, and your marriage might fall apart... putting kids through that isn't fair.
With this kind of thinking, "it might not work, so lets not put our all into it", a marriage very likely does have a chance of falling apart. I don't know your situation, but I'd say, love each other, give your all to each other, be happy, and don't worry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality