Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 08:40 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
This is the "Religion and Spirituality" forum. Did you realize that?
Which basically means any discussion about any belief system either supporting such or condemning such or opinions of adherents, is on topic.

Every forum is open to all members the only restrictions are to stay on topic and abide by the generic TOS along with any posted forum rules regarding specific forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Which basically means any discussion about any belief system either supporting such or condemning such or opinions of adherents, is on topic.

Every forum is open to all members the only restrictions are to stay on topic and abide by the generic TOS along with any posted forum rules regarding specific forums.
yes. They are. I have a hard time why someone would care so much to go and trash that which they say they don't believe in. I can't understand why they care that much. The atheist board has a "no prosletyzing" rule.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:42 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,599,498 times
He is a non-religious Christian, just like me and most people are in this country. I've seen studies where there is a statistical correlation between having a higher IQ and being less religious. So I'm actually glad he's not religious.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:47 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
yes. They are. I have a hard time why someone would care so much to go and trash that which they say they don't believe in. I can't understand why they care that much. The atheist board has a "no prosletyzing" rule.
The best choice if you feel anyone is overstepping their rights is to use the report button. Us mods do not get to read every post and appreciate being notified of any possible rule violations.

If you have a specific post in mind use the report button and let the MOD of the section take the responsibility for determining if a rule is broken.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:49 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,586,461 times
Obama is a secular Christian... Most people I know, including my family, cousins & friends are all secular Christians.

He said he is Christian several times, so please respect his belief.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:52 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathanc View Post
He is a non-religious Christian, just like me and most people are in this country. I've seen studies where there is a statistical correlation between having a higher IQ and being less religious. So I'm actually glad he's not religious.
I tend to believe people unless I have a reason to doubt them, so if Obama says he is religious I will take his word for it. I think we all got so accustomed to Bible-thumping Presidents after 8 years of Bush that Obama almost sounds like an atheist in comparison, just because he doesn't mention God every other sentence. At least he is not a fundamentalist, that's for sure.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Obama is a secular Christian... Most people I know, including my family, cousins & friends are all secular Christians.

He said he is Christian several times, so please respect his belief.
What is a "secular Christian"?

Old 11-08-2012, 08:54 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,586,461 times
Quote:
What is a "secular Christian"?
A person who is Christian but is not that religious (May go to church only on holidays & special events as an example, and barely reads the bible, etc.) Or calls themselves Christians but does not practice their faith strictly / that much. It's hard to define it, but I'm sure you got it.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:58 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
He never said that. Could you please provide a link showing him actually saying that? I know facts aren't exactly a strong point for atheists.

Romney: States Should Be Able to Ban Birth Control - YouTube

Rick Santorum: States Should Have Power To Ban Birth Control, Sodomy

Old 11-08-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
A person who is Christian but is not that religious (May go to church only on holidays & special events as an example, and barely reads the bible, etc.) Or calls themselves Christians but does not practice their faith strictly / that much. It's hard to define it, but I'm sure you got it.
So they're a nominative Christian...or "name only". Who gets to define the term "Christian"? Shouldn't it be those that actually practice the religion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality