Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2015, 12:14 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,349,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
It's not something I've thought that much about, but if Christians are wrong and Jesus was not God made flesh, and the Jews, Muslims.etc are correct, I wonder how God, assuming the God of the Bible/Torah/Quran still exists, will treat Christians? I'm not saying I worry too much about it, but for the first time I really thought about it today, imagine if Christianity was a Jewish/Roman cult? It's kind of scary to think, I don't want you to second guess your faith, but I guess it's what atheists have been saying all along.

I wonder if we'll be sent to the deepest depths of hell, or endure a painful destruction? Do you think he could be at all merciful?
The Lord Ahura Mazda, the Wise Lord of Zoroaster and the only God of all creation, is a wise and loving God who will understand your confusion over the story of Jesus. Ahura Mazda may be a bit miffed at you for worshiping in that false god of the OT however. The god that slaughters helpless women and children and babies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 12:54 PM

50 posts, read 45,326 times
Default So that you might read/learn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Your rationale is very interesting. And very, very sad.
Take this link, and open it and give it a read.

The things in it may seem wrong to you but most are supported by Catholic/Christian foot notes and places to read the supporting statements.

Just if you have any interest in learning about the roots of christianity.

Chapter 6 - The foundation and birth of “Christianity”

This is chapter 6. There are many documents/chapters prior to this but here is where the basic statements begin.

Prior to this chapter 6 if you go to the index you will find out about the First Council of Niceae and how the Babylonian god is the same as Jesus and is in fact by name after many centuries the same.

Easter? The Easter Pig is something you might enjoy reading.

It's all based in historical documents but means nothing if you don't give it a read and then with your skepticism go research the footnotes. It's quite easy.

And about who believes in what? Again, God loves us all. Keep faith in God is all you need to do other than live a good life.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:28 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
The Lord Ahura Mazda, the Wise Lord of Zoroaster and the only God of all creation, is a wise and loving God who will understand your confusion over the story of Jesus. Ahura Mazda may be a bit miffed at you for worshiping in that false god of the OT however. The god that slaughters helpless women and children and babies.
As usual, your scorn is for the OT God YHWH . . . NOT the one revealed and demonstrated by Christ. This is because the Christian religions have corrupted the revelations of Christ by merging the ancient ignorance and superstitions about God from the OT. The true nature of God was revealed unambiguously by Christ and epitomizes the agape love that should be the cornerstone of all social interactions. BTW . . . God does not punish regardless WHAT you believe about Him. We will reap what we ourselves sow, period.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As usual, your scorn is for the OT God YHWH . . . NOT the one revealed and demonstrated by Christ. This is because the Christian religions have corrupted the revelations of Christ by merging the ancient ignorance and superstitions about God from the OT. The true nature of God was revealed unambiguously by Christ and epitomizes the agape love that should be the cornerstone of all social interactions. BTW . . . God does not punish regardless WHAT you believe about Him. We will reap what we ourselves sow, period.
Actually I quite clearly differentiated between the OT god and Ahura Mazda, the wise (Mazda) Lord (Ahura) of Zoroaster (Zarathustra). And the ONLY God, according to Zoroaster. So what god are you speaking of?

Old 07-16-2015, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Actually I quite clearly differentiated between the OT god and Ahura Mazda, the wise (Mazda) Lord (Ahura) of Zoroaster (Zarathustra). And the ONLY God, according to Zoroaster. So what god are you speaking of?
The only God there is . . . the one revealed by Christ as a God who IS agape love and the one I encounter in deep meditation.ALL other descriptions of and beliefs ABOUT God are false.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:09 AM

Me thinks it would help if people read this link all the way through plus the letters from the Vatican by Raymond Brown. The pope/vatican approved these letters he wrote.

Table of Contents - The Great Desception - mulberry roxanne bag uk
(there are many foot notes with this link to support it's statements)

But no matter who/which God you love, in the end we will all find out there is only one.
Who is going to be right? Who is going to be wrong? Who knows.

Hope I'm right. I'd hate to think I would be found to have turned my back on God, the Real God and then be judged by him for doing it. Not a good position to be in.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Why do christians refer to Jesus of Nazareth as Christ?

I believe if my latin is correct one must say Jesus De Christos/Christi not Jesus Christos/Christi

I could be wrong but respect is the thing I'd getting at here.

It'd be like calling God Dog as in sup-dog? when you were speaking to him.

The word Christ or Christi or Christos is an adjective I believe when used to describe Jesus of Nazareth.

Just wondered why they never seemed to get their saviors name right.

And what's with that Fish Head garb the pope and bishops wear? Looks like the following explanation to me:

Why is The Pope's Mitre Shaped Like a Fish?

pretty humorous if it's for real.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
The only God there is . . . the one revealed by Christ as a God who IS agape love and the one I encounter in deep meditation.ALL other descriptions of and beliefs ABOUT God are false.
This sounds very much like the wise loving God of Zoroaster, Ahura Mazda. Could it be that the Zoroastrians are the one's who have had it right all of this time? This would make perfect sense from a Christian scriptural point of view in fact, because it was the Magi, representatives of the Persian Zoroastrian priestly class, whom Gospel Matthew says first came from the east, Persia, to worship and acknowledge the divinity of the young Jesus. The son of God, the Wise Lord Ahura Mazda?

Wikipedia
Magi (/ˈmeɪdʒaɪ/; Latin plural of magus; Ancient Greek: μάγος magos; Old Persian: 𐎶𐎦𐎢𐏁 maguš, Persian: مُغ‎ mogh; English singular magian, mage, magus, magusian, magusaean; Kurdish: manji) is a term, used since at least the 6th century BCE, to denote followers of Zoroastrianism or Zoroaster. The earliest known usage of the word Magi is in the trilingual inscription written by Darius the Great, known as the Behistun Inscription. Old Persian texts, pre-dating the Hellenistic period, refer to a Magus as a Zurvanic, and presumably Zoroastrian, priest.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magi

Zoroastrians seem to be currently undergoing the final stages of eradication in Muslim countries at this time. There are still some tens of thousands of them in India however. Perhaps you might make an attempt to conjoin with them, as the long suffering descendants of the true people of the one God.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHaley View Post
Why do christians refer to Jesus of Nazareth as Christ?
Shorthand evolved over time. Jesus the Anointed is just too wordy. Why focus on such piddling issues?

Old 07-16-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
This sounds very much like the wise loving God of Zoroaster, Ahura Mazda. Could it be that the Zoroastrians are the one's who have had it right all of this time? This would make perfect sense from a Christian scriptural point of view in fact, because it was the Magi, representatives of the Persian Zoroastrian priestly class, whom Gospel Matthew says first came from the east, Persia, to worship and acknowledge the divinity of the young Jesus. The son of God, the Wise Lord Ahura Mazda?
<snp>
Zoroastrians seem to be currently undergoing the final stages of eradication in Muslim countries at this time. There are still some tens of thousands of them in India however. Perhaps you might make an attempt to conjoin with them, as the long suffering descendants of the true people of the one God.
The syncretistic effects of Zorastrianism on what has become Christianity is acknowledged. But Christ's singular demonstration of God's TRUE NATURE is pivotal. It is sufficient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality