Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 01:41 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,461,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD39 View Post
By creating people as robots programmed to serve Him and never commit sin?
They don't need to be like robots....just kind to each other and free from evil, jealousy, and hate. There are animals already on this planet he supposedly created that are that way. Seems to me if he's so intelligent, that shouldn't have posed any problem to do.

You threw in the "serve him" part. I didn't know someone all-powerful needed anyone to be his slave or be in need of adoration so badly. That seems like a contradiction to be in need of those things when he supposedly calls those things evil when mankind does it.

Posted using Tapatalk 2 via my RAZR

Last edited by Bludy-L; 12-19-2012 at 01:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 03:08 PM

2,459 posts, read 1,458,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
According to you......he did indeed create a world full of death and destruction.

Have you ever even bothered to wonder, if it's true, why?

A benevolent, merciful, and all-loving god could have just as easily created a world where people all get along and live happily ever after.

Actually go back and read what you said and the parts I bolded.....you did say that!
God created the world without death. His will for us was to live forever, literally. And no, I never said God willed for shootings. I said He uses tragedy to show His love. God doesn't cause the chaos, but He takes the chaos and turn it around. God restores what is lost. He strengthens us and comfort us.

What you are saying, is that God actually causes the chaos and tragedy, and I didn't say that.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:09 PM

2,459 posts, read 1,458,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
They don't need to be like robots....just kind to each other and free from evil, jealousy, and hate. There are animals already on this planet he supposedly created that are that way. Seems to me if he's so intelligent, that shouldn't have posed any problem to do.

You threw in the "serve him" part. I didn't know someone all-powerful needed anyone to be his slave or be in need of adoration so badly. That seems like a contradiction to be in need of those things when he supposedly calls those things evil when mankind does it.

Nothing you see today, is the way God created it. That includes the animals.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Nothing you see today, is the way God created it. That includes the animals.
I agree with that since no one created anything that's a living in the fist place.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
God created the world without death. His will for us was to live forever, literally.
So.....you've never seen anyone die before?

Sorry, but thousands of people and living things die on a daily basis.

He must have messed-up somewhere,eh?

Quote:
I said He uses tragedy to show His love. God doesn't cause the chaos, but He takes the chaos and turn it around. God restores what is lost.
That's even worse! Can't he figure out a way to show his love without having to resort to murdered children?

I'll also bet that those children's lives aren't "restored".

Quote:
What you are saying, is that God actually causes the chaos and tragedy, and I didn't say that.
It's all his plan isn't it? Predestination is the word I've heard thrown around by christians.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:34 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,075,267 times
Quote:
Can you show me where Jesus burned somebody at the stake? Can you show me where Jesus lead crusades? Those things aren't Christ's teachings, it's man's traditions coming into them. Yet teachings like having mercy on people, because God has given us mercy, that is what Jesus taught. That is the motto of a true believer. Now yes, teachings like charity have always been around, but I could make the case the world we live in, which is much more compassionate than the ancient world in a lot of ways, is linked to the teachings of Christ.

So this is what God has given us, and the Devil don't have an answer for that. All he can do is try to keep the truth of Christ underwraps. Of course that has been his main weapon from the beginning. Deception.

Don't forget God plays a part in those prophecies. The devil does nothing genuine. All he does is perverts God's ways. He takes what's there, and twist it. Ultimately, the devil is already judged and sentenced, that is why the demons were asking Jesus if He was going to punish them before the time.

Ultimately, the devil wants God's position. He wants to be worshipped like God and so forth. That's why it's certain the devil will possess a man, and that man will be the anti-christ. That's why it's certain Satan will once again try to come against God after the end of the millennial reign. He wants nothing else but to do these things. There's no such thing as going another route. It's like a rapist who is put in prison, and is released many years later. He will still have a desire to rape again if he got the chance. Of course this is Satan's choice, and he is not going to change, not that he could change himself. Only God can give us a new heart, but Satan's fate is sealed.
Jesus drowned a heard of pigs. Jesus made a whip and chased currency exchangers with the intent to whip them. Jesus cursed a fig tree to death because he was unable to make it do what it wasn't intended to do. It doesn't seem like such a wide gap... especially if "not a letter of the law shall change until all these things are done."
And if Christians are the Body of Christ, then Jesus has burned many people on stakes and lead many crusades.
It still seems like the character of Satan is rather dumb and thick-headed.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 12-19-2012 at 10:56 PM..

Old 12-19-2012, 10:40 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,833,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Jesus drowned a heard of pigs. Jesus made a whip and chased currency exchangers with the intent to whip them. Jesus cursed a fig tree to death because he was unable to make it do what it wasn't intended to do. It doesn't seem like such a wide gap... especially if "not a letter of the law shall change until all these things are done."
It still seems like the character of Satan is rather dumb. And if Christians are the Body of Christ, then Jesus has burned many people on stakes and lead many crusades.
God created good and evil. It is impossible that the almighty is at war with Satan...that would be like a strong father having a fight with his infant son. Christ had command of good and evil also...He could heal and he could curse and destroy. The point is the almighty God is just that....All powerful. There is no battle between good and evil in the divine realm...Just here on earth were we are to stupid to harness the godly power of goodness we are granted to bring about a heaven on earth....Religion has told us we have no power to have a heavenly life on earth- Christ taught us that we are powerful...The church likes to skip over that fact...Evil to God is not even a minor irritation..It is a non-issue...We should stop giving evil power.

Old 12-22-2012, 06:49 PM

661 posts, read 1,184,754 times
Quote:
So let's say, God plays by your "moral" playbook and spares the women and children. They grow up and continue a new generation of rape, human sacrifice, and murder of his precious chosen people. You would be on here blasting God for lying and NOT protecting his people.

You might as well say God is evil if every human being does not live to be age 100.

Christians do not believe in abortion... why dont they believe in abortion for non believers or non Christians? By your 'moral' playbook they will just spawn a new group of non believers, cursed by God. I thought God's morals were that babies and the unborn are sinless. So now we are into killing the sinless just in case they MAY grow up to be evil?

Also, if the Israelites had killed the leaders and males in the tribe, why would they not have been able to integrate the others into their culture?

Since when has God protected Christians or Jews since the death of Christ?? I refer to the Romans, the inquisition, the holocaust etc.

And...mature adult human beings are responsible for their own actions and suffer the consequences of those actions.They dont need to live to a hundred. Babies are not responsible, and do not deserve to be put to death because someone 'thinks' they may be a threat when they grow up. That is incredibly dangerous and stupid reasoning.

I cannot believe how blase Christians are about justifying GENOCIDE, and readily wanting to serve a monster that would command human beings to put their spears through the bellies of pregnant women, just in case their unborn grow up to be haters of Him. Whatever happened to free will?

Oh, and you never went near discussing David and Bathshebas baby's murder did you?

Old 12-23-2012, 12:32 PM

476 posts, read 467,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
Christians do not believe in abortion... why dont they believe in abortion for non believers or non Christians? By your 'moral' playbook they will just spawn a new group of non believers, cursed by God. I thought God's morals were that babies and the unborn are sinless. So now we are into killing the sinless just in case they MAY grow up to be evil?

Also, if the Israelites had killed the leaders and males in the tribe, why would they not have been able to integrate the others into their culture?

Since when has God protected Christians or Jews since the death of Christ?? I refer to the Romans, the inquisition, the holocaust etc.

And...mature adult human beings are responsible for their own actions and suffer the consequences of those actions.They dont need to live to a hundred. Babies are not responsible, and do not deserve to be put to death because someone 'thinks' they may be a threat when they grow up. That is incredibly dangerous and stupid reasoning.

I cannot believe how blase Christians are about justifying GENOCIDE, and readily wanting to serve a monster that would command human beings to put their spears through the bellies of pregnant women, just in case their unborn grow up to be haters of Him. Whatever happened to free will?

Oh, and you never went near discussing David and Bathshebas baby's murder did you?
Obviously you are ignorant about God's plan through his Chosen people. He made a promise that He would curse those who curse Israel and bless those who bless them. Why is it so hard for you to accept that God wanted to protect his people from evil men?

I find it ironic that atheists hold this supreme position that it is always wrong for God to order the death of an infant. Even if that infant was Hitler, and the death would spare millions from torture and suffering, it would still be wrong. Yet, it is perfectly ok to have an abortion. WHy? Why does an infant alive in the womb vs breathing air make such a moral difference? YOu forgot that only God can see the future, and like a cancer, He knew that sparing any part of this demonic race would only grow up to be a thorn in the side of the Israelites.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:47 PM

825 posts, read 1,035,556 times
Quote:
Obviously you are ignorant about God's plan through his Chosen people. He made a promise that He would curse those who curse Israel and bless those who bless them. Why is it so hard for you to accept that God wanted to protect his people from evil men?

I find it ironic that atheists hold this supreme position that it is always wrong for God to order the death of an infant. Even if that infant was Hitler, and the death would spare millions from torture and suffering, it would still be wrong. Yet, it is perfectly ok to have an abortion. WHy? Why does an infant alive in the womb vs breathing air make such a moral difference? YOu forgot that only God can see the future, and like a cancer, He knew that sparing any part of this demonic race would only grow up to be a thorn in the side of the Israelites.
Why would an omnipotent god even create a Hitler, then feel compelled to destroy him as a baby? It seems to me that all all knowing god would be smart enough to skip a step and just not create people like that in the first place?

Also, the concept of "chosen people" is exactly what is wrong with religion in the first place. It is what compels people to kill or subjugate others over silly fantasy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality