Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2007, 04:48 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdsag View Post
Please pray for my family...My husband has a urethral stricture and has for the past 8 years. We live in the midwest where there are excellent doctors but are having trouble getting his problem fixed. He has had 4 surgeries and nothing seems to help. He went to the University Med Center in Omaha Nebraska yesturday and the head of the department and 3 others doctors told him that they won't even try to do anything. His damage is to extensive. They have referred us to the Mayo clinic in Rochester MN. I made him an appointment for October 4. I am so worried that he could start having much worse problems and that his kidneys will start to deteriorate with the length of time we have to wait. October was the soonest we can get him in. My husband is self-employed and I am so worried about money. How are we going to make ends meet while he is off work for 8 weeks having urethral reconstruction? The surgery alone is going to cost us about $4500 out of pocket. But I am more concerned about making our house payments and bills and feeding the children. Then we have to pay for the trip back and forth at least twice and a place to stay while we are there. I wish I could see the future and that everything was going to turn out ok. I can't sleep and my 3 boys are worried about their dad. Please pray for us. God bless you all!
I will be praying for you all lpdsag. I can't imagine how tough this must be for you all. God is there to comfort and guide you. Keep your head up and keep the faith!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 05:52 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,911,548 times
Just to let y'all know...I'm praying.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:13 PM

224 posts, read 777,636 times
Hi everyone,

We are finally starting to get settled in the new house in Texas. It's been quite a week, but we've doing ok now. Our furniture was delivered yesterday so now we have the fun task of unpacking.

I just took some time to get caught up on all the posts. I thought of and prayed for all of you even while I was without a computer for updates.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor400 View Post
Hi everyone,

We are finally starting to get settled in the new house in Texas. It's been quite a week, but we've doing ok now. Our furniture was delivered yesterday so now we have the fun task of unpacking.

I just took some time to get caught up on all the posts. I thought of and prayed for all of you even while I was without a computer for updates.
It's good to hear from you! Happy to hear that you're getting settled in and that everything is going well! Uhhhh, unpacking, I don't envy you there in ANY way . I forgot, what part of Texas did you move to? I'm moving to Texas...someday (probably Tyler area...maybe San Antonio), Jazzedforhim is going to Austin and there are a couple of others as well.

Here's to getting your YEE HAW on!

Old 08-24-2007, 07:52 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,911,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor400 View Post
Hi everyone,

Congratulations Taylor! Hang in there...one box at a time!

Yeah, seems everyone is moving to Texas

Old 08-24-2007, 09:06 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,793,155 times
I know it's late and maybe no one is on here right now, but I have a request for a prayer.

My wife and daughter are traveling overnight to her sisters - about 150 miles away. She just called and told me of two near misses and having to pull over to refil her insulin pump, but the tubing was defective. Now, she got her insulin pump working, started back on the road, only to be delayed by some kind of sobriety checkpoint. She's less than 1/2 way there and is becoming afraid of continuing thinking something bad is going to happen.

Please pray for their safe arrival at her sister's. She should arrive around 1:00 am and call me when she does. I'll update once I hear from her.

Thanks brothers and sisters in Christ. Blessings to all

Old 08-24-2007, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
I know it's late and maybe no one is on here right now, but I have a request for a prayer.

My wife and daughter are traveling overnight to her sisters - about 150 miles away. She just called and told me of two near misses and having to pull over to refil her insulin pump, but the tubing was defective. Now, she got her insulin pump working, started back on the road, only to be delayed by some kind of sobriety checkpoint. She's less than 1/2 way there and is becoming afraid of continuing thinking something bad is going to happen.

Please pray for their safe arrival at her sister's. She should arrive around 1:00 am and call me when she does. I'll update once I hear from her.

Thanks brothers and sisters in Christ. Blessings to all
I have said a prayer Mams...Have faith, HE WILL watch over them and give them a safe journey . I also prayed for comfort for YOU as well.
Keep us posted!

Old 08-24-2007, 11:09 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,793,155 times
Well, thanks to those who prayed. And thankfully, they have arrived safely and pretty much when expected considering the problems she encountered.

It is comforting to know you all are here. You're each a blessing, whether you realize it or not. Also know I continually lift the petitions on this thread up before our Lord. There is power in prayer.

Now, I can get some sleep Blessings to all

Old 08-24-2007, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Well, thanks to those who prayed. And thankfully, they have arrived safely and pretty much when expected considering the problems she encountered.

It is comforting to know you all are here. You're each a blessing, whether you realize it or not. Also know I continually lift the petitions on this thread up before our Lord. There is power in prayer.

Now, I can get some sleep Blessings to all
I'm happy to hear they made it safely...get a good night's sleep now

Old 08-25-2007, 08:54 AM

27 posts, read 88,963 times
I normally would even give advice here...but I think this might be a blessing for you....

My Brother is a Christian Doctor....A UROLOGIST in Davenport. He's given talks and has practiced for over 15 years. His name is Dr. Morris Gist....he has his own clinic...and the Lord has done some pretty cool miracles through his work.

Under His Wings
MGrayce14
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality