Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2007, 02:10 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,771,990 times

Advertisements

Prayers here also, kawg, for your daughter & her baby

If it IS post partem depression, this is so much more than just sad defeated feelings, etc. It's a chemical imbalance that needs Rx. It can be overwhelming.

Of course we are always trusting in our dear Saviour for His healing, but also need to be doing all we can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Oh kawg, I am so very heartbroken to hear this. If your daughter is having post partom depression, take her to her doctor as quickly as possible, there are many great meds that can be given to her so she will overcome this trying period. I had this after my youngest was born, and let me tell you, it helped quite a bit. My prayers are with you and your little family, hoping things will calm down a bit. Try to get some rest...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 02:21 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,275,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
I need to ask everyone to pray for my daughter. She's really struggling with taking care of the baby. We are here for my daughter (and granddaughter, of course), but in the last two weeks, between my mom and dad and my family, we have had the baby far more than my daughter has . My daughter feels bad because she feels like she is being a bad mother. When the baby cries uncontrollably, my daughter can't handle it. I think she may also be going through post partum depression.

I really think she's thinking about giving up on trying to take care of this baby. There is NO WAY that I will allow the baby to be given up for adoption or anything...we'll take care of her and raise her if needed. My biggest fear is that my daughter will have MAJOR regrets someday, as well as the confusion and turmoil for the baby.

I am going to sit down and have a very long talk with her in the next couple of days. I've been trying to just give her some space in hopes she'll come around. But the time is coming that she needs to evaluate her life and the life of this little girl and make some sort of determination.
I'm trying to stay strong and lean on Him right now, but I am saddened by the whole situation .

Thanks in advance everyone.
Will be in prayer, kawg. I agree with what the others have written about post-partum depression. She is very young to have that responsibility. Caring for a newborn is an awesome task at any age IMO.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:35 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,011,268 times
Thank you all, I really appreciate it!

I've already told her she needs to see her doctor about getting a script. She said she wants to wait and see what happens first...see if she can ride it out.

I'm just not sure if it is actually post partum depression or if she is just too overwhelmed. The depression can possibly be treated, if it's that she is having trouble coping with her situation...well, I am not so sure of the outcome.

She knows she has family that will help and is there to support her, which is a good thing of course, however, I just don't want her blowing off HER responsibility. I don't know at this point. All we can do is pray that she will get over this and move on with her life.

Thanks again everyone!

Old 08-22-2007, 07:32 PM

885 posts, read 293,543 times
Please pray for my childhood friend Pastor John who was just told that he has hepititis C and is starting a 6 month Chemo therapy treatment. That God will bless him and his family. Keep him strong while he goes thru this period of his .

Old 08-22-2007, 08:12 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,912,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Will be in prayer, kawg. I agree with what the others have written about post-partum depression. She is very young to have that responsibility. Caring for a newborn is an awesome task at any age IMO.
Praying Kwag....

Old 08-22-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna View Post
Please pray for my childhood friend Pastor John who was just told that he has hepititis C and is starting a 6 month Chemo therapy treatment. That God will bless him and his family. Keep him strong while he goes thru this period of his .
Praying for Pastor John...this is such a hard battle. Hang in there.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:17 PM

My husband has started working for the Texas company here in California since our home has not yet sold, and they need him but don't want to seperate our family.

The network connection is extremely slow....very...very...very (did I say VERY) slow to the point that he may not be able to do his job properly...or in a way that will allow deadlines to be met.

Just asking again for prayer for our family...prayer that the house would sell...and prayer for my husband as he's struggling with his new job. Prayer for me as I try to balance homeschooling and keeping things picked up for potential buyers. I've been feeling a little down, but today was a much better day emotionally.

Thanks y'all....(more practice for Texas)

Old 08-22-2007, 08:56 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,594 times
Remembering you all in prayer.Kawg get her to the Dr. if she will go .My baby sister went through post-partum depression and when the baby was 6 months old she took her own life, even if it isn't don't take a chance. don't mean to scare you but that can be very serious. My heart goes out to you.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:27 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,771,990 times
Default I agree....

A Doctor, hopefully a Psychologist or Psychiatrist is what's needed here, IMHO...and seriously, Kawg, given what you have described, I don't think your sister is able to safely make the decision about whether she needs help or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefer View Post
Remembering you all in prayer.Kawg get her to the Dr. if she will go .My baby sister went through post-partum depression and when the baby was 6 months old she took her own life, even if it isn't don't take a chance. don't mean to scare you but that can be very serious. My heart goes out to you.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:53 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,011,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefer View Post
Oh my...I am so sorry to hear that . I can't even begin to imagine going through that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
A Doctor, hopefully a Psychologist or Psychiatrist is what's needed here, IMHO...and seriously, Kawg, given what you have described, I don't think your sister is able to safely make the decision about whether she needs help or not.

Thefer and Macrina, thank you both! I will call the doctor in the morning myself. I can't take that chance!
I just worry about all the horror stories I hear about antidepressants and the side effects, especially for teenagers...she's only 17. I don't want to make matters WORSE by her doc putting her on meds
I really don't know what is the best route here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality